Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "running off" with stuff people sell at a wrong price is the exact same thing as buying and reselling

just because someone doesnt use an item the way you want it to be used, it doesnt make it wrong.

you dont get to decide how other people use their goods/time/money

and just in general, it seems like your view on what makes something greedy is completely backwards

as being efficient in money is the opposite of greedy, and wanting someone to sell something at a lower price because you wont/cant pay the set price is greedy

Did people really think they were going to make millions selling HFC runs to casuals and not give back a chunk of that money the next expansion for raiding? That is the whole point of Blizzard not frowning upon selling gold runs - Guilds make gold to then spend it on raiding consumables and repairs during progression...not to fund your BMAH spending. Welcome to an actual MMO economy...I guess all the MoP and (shutter) WoD "babies" that had free consumables for two expansion are getting quite a shock to what it is really like to raid in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Did people really think they were going to make millions selling HFC runs to casuals and not give back a chunk of that money the next expansion for raiding? That is the whole point of Blizzard not frowning upon selling gold runs - Guilds make gold to then spend it on raiding consumables and repairs during progression...not to fund your BMAH spending. Welcome to an actual MMO economy...I guess all the MoP and (shutter) WoD "babies" that had free consumables for two expansion are getting quite a shock to what it is really like to raid in an MMO.
    except not at all.

price is going to tank on everything as we get past month 1 and people stop wasting herbs leveling alch and start glutting the market with free procs.

this is just a 100% standard intro to new expansion wow market

its happened every expansion before basically the exact same way

Deleted
    i got no idea where you guys are playing but on my server(eu-frostmane), recently went low pop,used to be high pop in mop, flasks are 7k each and potion of old war is 1900g each...im telling you i got 3.8 mil gold but im saving it cus im planning on buying wow token for a long time with it so im not touching the consumables till they stabilize...

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    except not at all.

price is going to tank on everything as we get past month 1 and people stop wasting herbs leveling alch and start glutting the market with free procs.

this is just a 100% standard intro to new expansion wow market

its happened every expansion before basically the exact same way
    Yes, of course prices are expensive at the beginning and go down - big difference is there are huge gates this time around...you CAN NOT max a bunch of professions on level 100 alts and flood the market with product this time around. Guilds will spend MILLIONS these first few weeks (aka a big chunk of the HFC profits) - and then it will level off to reasonable levels. I can guarantee you that relative prices for consumables/enchants/gems will be much higher than they were in WoD or MoP for the entirety of this expansion. If you think raid potions are going to be 5g and flasks for 20g each in a few weeks (highly likely never) prepare to be severely disappointed.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2016-09-25 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    Yes, they announced 7.1 theres a vendor that gives you mats for 1 blood of sargeras. RIP

our raid is basically taking the approach of going at the boss several times until we feel a kill is warranted to use them.

Deleted
    Things are very expensive, but people do have a lot of money

Yup WoD literally fucked the AH.

I can't afford to raid atm, I had exams just pass so my intro to Legion was already slow compared to most, now we're raiding and I literally can't afford consumables, purely because WoD's Garrison gameplay wasn't enough for me to pay a subscription for, to then abuse and get loaded, so that I could charge lots of money for stuff that all the other people with lots of money could buy.

It's actually made me really unhappy. To make matters worse, my main raiding toon is an Engineer. So I've not even been able to make any gold via the AH, besides the first 2 days when Felslate was worth a decent chunk. So my options now are: Skip the first (two) raid week(s) to grind gold/profs on alts etc etc just so I can afford my own consumables for the week, or make enough each week to fuel that weeks raiding, never actually having spare gold for anything I actually want to be buying in game.

Knew WoD would wreck the economy, never realised it'd be such a huge flaw to an otherwise amazing expansion. WoD is still shitting all over the game even when we're in Legion. GG Blizz.

Also, as a side note: I'd really really hate to be a new player that wants to look into raiding at the moment. Did Blizz just assume that they'd capped their playerbase now and so EVERYONE would have gold cap on at least 1 toon?
    Last edited by Mectrid; 2016-09-25 at 03:08 PM.

Blizzard's not going to do anything. To combat it, you can:
    1.) Level your own herbalist/alchemist.
    2.) Collect Blood of Sargeras to turn into the Blood of Sargeras trader to get a small stack of whatever herbs you want. Last I saw, it was 1 blood for 20 herbs but that will likely change.

It's also early yet in the expansion. Things are ALWAYS expensive early on. As it continues, prices will get cheaper

The most Blizzard might do to further adjust things is maybe increase the spawn rate of herb nodes a little, but they're more inclined to just add another world quest where the reward is herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Yes, of course prices are expensive at the beginning and go down - big difference is there are huge gates this time around...you CAN NOT max a bunch of professions on level 100 alts and flood the market with product this time around. Guilds will spend MILLIONS these first few weeks (aka a big chunk of the HFC profits) - and then it will level off to reasonable levels. I can guarantee you that relative prices for consumables/enchants/gems will be much higher than they were in WoD or MoP for the entirety of this expansion. If you think raid potions are going to be 5g and flasks for 20g each in a few weeks (highly likely never) prepare to be severely disappointed.
    5g and 20g?

no

50g to account for inflation of legion

and 0g

since you shouldnt actually be buying flasks anymore.

yes

considering you can make 40k/h easy with gathering professions or even more if you have the right food its not that much really. You need 4 flasks and 30pots thats 20-30k total for 4 hours. Its much more than it was in WOD but you can nake 7x more gold

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    This is the main issue. Most of the people I see out "herbing" are doing it on level 100 alts, and they don't want to kill mobs. I'm gathering and selling multiple stacks of foxflowers per day, it's honestly not that hard to do if you are willing to kill mobs to clear nodes. I see people sticking to the roads, only picking what's nearby. Meanwhile I've waded out into the weeds, killed 4-5 mobs, gotten 3-4 foxflower nodes out of the area, and picked up a fox's dropped flowers too.
    I don't know about other herbalist people, I kill stuff though - actually, my herbalist has leveled to 102 exclusively from herb nodes and killing stuff around them. Haven't even done the class hall quests yet.

Obviously, that's not in Suramar, but I don't spend much time there. Really, lately all I do is hunt for Foxflower. It's the only herb that's currently selling for 100 gold each on my server. That's insane, given that it's used in just about everything in relatively large quantities. And again, it's mostly tied to the piss poor amount of nodes in Highmountain. Until I learned that the cove up north had several, I must have scoured every inch of the rest of the zone and found all of 3 nodes in several hours time. The problem with concentrating so many in the cove is that, since Wrath, WoW has had technology to increase respawn rates when player concentrations are high - so now that 10,000 herbalists are up there, it's a nonstop legion of murlocs and crab people materializing out of the ether. Which still isn't challenging so much as annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when people end an expansion with literally hundreds of thousands of gold, in many cases millions. Prices inflate. Blizz isn't going to tamper with that.

Don't put yourself in situations where you're expected to drop 20K on consumables and you'll be alright. The prices will drop slowly. You can farm up your own mats or use the trader, as other have suggested.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2016-09-25 at 04:32 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    how are you making so much money with it? just farming for hours and selling the raw mats?
    You take herbalist and follow the correct guide, with the right obe you can get 10stacks of aethril, each herbs sells for 20 to 40g thats 20k-40k ib that + ylu can also get 20-30k in seeds. Thats 40k to 70k each hour.

The Blood of Sargeras vendor coming with 7.1 should help the situation. That, and more people reaching max Alchemy/Herbalism.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    5g and 20g?

no

50g to account for inflation of legion

and 0g

since you shouldnt actually be buying flasks anymore.

yes
    This was not directed at you...this was directed at the collective "you" newbie players who think 5g potions and 20g flasks from WoD was "normal." Any MMO/WoW vet knows that what Blizzard did last expansion (and to a lesser extent MoP) was not "normal."

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    It was only profitable for those who actually played for gold, which most weren't.
    It's not about "playing for gold." Even if you had only 1 character in WoD, if you had an upgraded garrison and sent your followers on missions even once a day, you would easily have the few hundred thousand gold you need now. There is no one to blame here but each individual player. But, as ever, people go through huge amounts of hoops just to avoid ever laying the slightest bit of blame at their own feet.

Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix View Post
    It was like that before. People seem to forget how easy Draenor made professions and how much the market was saturated with mats. Pots and Flasks used to always be high at the start of an expansion before Draenor tanked the market.
    Pots have never been over 250g on any server I have ever played on. Tuesday this week, we saw 20 pots selling for 40,000g. Little steep if you ask me.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Its almost like Wow Devs wanted to remove "garrison gold" by fucking over everyone ny jacking up the material cost for pots
    There's so much stuff to do that almost no one is farming at the moment, this is the only reason prices are so high. Just level up one alt with herbslism and see, you'd easily rake up 50k gph.