Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How would you change Furious slash ?

One of the most hated fury warrior spells. I personnally don't hate it that much because it makes the gameplay GCD locked and I think that it's good for the class fantasy, plus it has some interaction with bloodthirst. But well, how would YOU make it ?

Deleted
    remove it, add heroic strike

Heroic Strike
    No cooldown, no rage cost
    Your character performs a heroic strike with his off-hand weapon, striking the foe heroically for (271% of weapon damage) Physical damage. You gain Heroic Inspiration which increases the critical chance of your next bloodthirst by 15% until it next deals a critical strike, stacking up to 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post

Heroic Strike
    Your character performs a heroic strike with his off-hand weapon, striking the foe heroically for (271% of weapon damage) Physical damage. You gain Heroic Inspiration which increases the critical chance of your next bloodthirst by 15% until it next deals a critical strike, stacking up to 6 times.
    Off GCD and we have a deal.

Deleted

Heroic Strike
    So that's a furious slash off the GCD right?

Heroic Strike
    Changing its name doesn't make it any better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Changing its name doesn't make it any better.
    Or does it?

With that amount of damage, off the gcd and no rage cost we'd have to spam it in our rotation. No thanks

I just want colossus smash back... unpopular opinion, I know...don't care, I'll fight you irl.

Or we can remove it and bring back some crit into Bloodthirst.

As it is the role of Furious Slash never reaches beyond just being filler. It does not really solve the slow periods criticized in WoD where dry periods left players out of Enrage if the last resort button does not really accomplish much. It offers no immediate response to not being Enraged, and only slightly helps the odds of correcting this in the future. A marginal buff to a separate ability is just never going to be rewarding. Some kind of system on top of the ability that slowly generated procs you could use to ensure Enrage would be really welcome.

GCD capping Fury is probably a bad idea, in the end. You never really get a point where you just go off and really have to work, you're kind of just regularly maintaining cooldowns and constantly assessing priorities. Fury lacks intense spenders to capitalize on the Enrage window or high pools of rage. You press a button and your resources are gone, and Furious Slash is a contributor to the spammy part of Fury to be centered around unrewarding rage generation.

I concur swap it woth 30 second CS if you need filler just use whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    With that amount of damage, off the gcd and no rage cost we'd have to spam it in our rotation. No thanks

I just want colossus smash back... unpopular opinion, I know...don't care, I'll fight you irl.
    Just macro it all your spells

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Just macro it all your spells
    if its going to be changed to be forgettable, then maybe it should just be scrapped and thrown into baseline abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    if its going to be changed to be forgettable, then maybe it should just be scrapped and thrown into baseline abilities.
    Yeah, but if the direction really was no rage, off gcd, macroing to everything would be the way to go. It's what I did as prot with HIS in ICC to devastate, since rage was no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Or we can remove it and bring back some crit into Bloodthirst.
    ^this remove the @#$@# thing...awful, worthless ability that I only hit when I absolutely have to...maybe bring back CS that was actually fun. No thanks to HS though - you can give it back to prot if you want but I don't want that on my fury warrior.

Seems a bit pointless to move to a free ability off GCD that you constantly spam, what does that achieve? You just macro it to all your abilities and pretend it's not there.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Seems a bit pointless to move to a free ability off GCD that you constantly spam, what does that achieve? You just macro it to all your abilities and pretend it's not there.
    exactly - HS is gone for a good reason...old school warriors just miss it, nostalgia through rose colored glasses is all it is

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    exactly - HS is gone for a good reason...old school warriors just miss it, nostalgia through rose colored glasses is all it is
    Well Heroic Strike at least was tied to rage management, this one is just pure pointlessness.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Cause they so keen on keeping furious slash and like someone said they rather have fury gain CS back I had thought about making it give armor pen instead of crit to BT. So itll keep its shit dmg but have a purpose by making it do like a personal sunder armor type effect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosryzen View Post
    Cause they so keen on keeping furious slash and like someone said they rather have fury gain CS back I had thought about making it give armor pen instead of crit to BT. So itll keep its shit dmg but have a purpose by making it do like a personal sunder armor type effect.
    Ya, they loved those, which is why everyone we've ever had is gone.

Remove it and then integrate the extra crit to bloodthirst into whirlwind.