Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up Patch 7.0.3 Class Tuning Hotfixes - Ret BUFFED!

Retribution:
    • Templar’s Verdict damage increased by 10%.
    • Divine Storm damage increased by 20%.
    • Crusader Strike (Retribution) damage increased by 13%.
    • Blade of Justice damage increased by 13%.
    • Judgment (Retribution) damage increased by 13%.
    • Zeal (Talent) damage increased by 13%.
    • Blade of Wrath (Talent) damage increased by 13%.

oh, and:
    DH, Arms, and Outlaw got nerfed, of course.

doesn't solve the dull and lame rotation, but its a start!

whatcha guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to be a genius to understand which specs underperform. These tunings should have been made much earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something.

I really hope they take the rotation under a microscope next and understand why people are uncomfortable with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    If you ask some rets out there, they thought this wasnt needed at all... in that emerald nightmare thread...
    And still sims show us not that far up, but at least numbers will be better now... rotation, aoe, cleave, mobility, terrible talents next we can hope...
    edit: seems like ret changes are not in yet for those sims...
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2016-09-24 at 06:04 PM.

Because those rets in that thread all have ~20%+ uptime on Retribution or must be running with some really bad/undergeared dps.

Really looking forward to these buffs. I'll take anything at this point, but a rotation redesign at some point before next xpac would be nice.

When have they ever redesigned a spec's skills/rotation in the middle of an expansion? The best we're likely to get is a change to Mastery (the PTR Crusade looks to be in that vein), or changes to individual talents to help the overall flow of the rotation (like PTR Blade of Wrath).

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    It's something.

I really hope they take the rotation under a microscope next and understand why people are uncomfortable with it.
    I hope they take a closer look at our rotation, too - but not because people are uncomfortable with it. I want them too look at all the things we're not good at because of our rotation. (Target swapping, AoE, cleave, etc.) Then again, with the buff to DS, it may at least make DS damage neutral on two mobs. Time will tell.

I'm not complaining about buffs, but I think it's a symptom of a deeper problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I hope they take a closer look at our rotation, too - but not because people are uncomfortable with it. I want them too look at all the things we're not good at because of our rotation. (Target swapping, AoE, cleave, etc.) Then again, with the buff to DS, it may at least make DS damage neutral on two mobs. Time will tell.

I'm not complaining about buffs, but I think it's a symptom of a deeper problem.
    They will. What people aren't understanding is that most serious raiders are in the middle of progression, and will be in even more serious progression next Tuesday. If they overhaul certain mechanics like how judgment works, how crusade works etc. in the middle of progression, it will do more damage than good. Right now, the best we can ask for in a weekly update is numbers tuning. The real mechanism changes will not happen until the next content patch at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    They will. What people aren't understanding is that most serious raiders are in the middle of progression, and will be in even more serious progression next Tuesday. If they overhaul certain mechanics like how judgment works, how crusade works etc. in the middle of progression, it will do more damage than good. Right now, the best we can ask for in a weekly update is numbers tuning. The real mechanism changes will not happen until the next content patch at the very least.
    I can certainly understand why they didn't make any mechanical changes and I agree that the next content patch (7.1) is the most likely place to make those changes... but the doesn't mean they will make mechanical changes, either. In prior expansions when Ret wasn't scaling as well as other specs they were more likely to "fix" it with either damage buffs to Sword of Light or bonkers set bonuses instead of changing our base abilities.

Not saying it's impossible for them to address the issues directly, but I'm not brimming with confidence they will, either. Time will tell.

Deleted
    I hope you realise that if you buff one of the worst specs by 10% it is still shit. People who think that Ret is good in any raiding environment are either retarded or their raid group is flat out dog shit.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-25 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s1n View Post
    I hope you realise that if you buff one of the worst specs by 10% it is still shit. People who think that Ret is good in any raiding environment are either retarded or their raid group is flat out dog shit.
    You must be fun at parties

10+ Year Old Account
    I surely welcome damage buffs considering how poor Ret's base dps is without any Artifact traits or set bonuses backing the spec up.

While this does not completely solve some of the more glaring issues with the rotations, the lack of a decent AoE/Cleave, and the worst Blessings system since 5 minute Blessings from Vanilla, at least I can now play Ret without feeling like every spell hits like a wet noodle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    You don't need to be a genius to understand which specs underperform. These tunings should have been made much earlier.
    But to NOT to understand it you need to be a Blizz dev, apparently. :P

They do the exact same shit every single time. Everyone except the devs can see what's wrong but they don't listen until they can no longer ignore the hard data. It's not even funny any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's not even funny any more.
    it was never funny , more like sad

Deleted
    Well we already saw a sneak peak at 7.1 PTR changes for ret pala... (Crusade and BOW changes), and with this hotfix buff i'm confident they already acknowledged ret needs changes...

In fact i'm surprised they were so quick, was only expecting them to be anounced next tuesday.

Also very very surprised that no fire mage nerfs were included. Sounds fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I surely welcome damage buffs considering how poor Ret's base dps is without any Artifact traits or set bonuses backing the spec up.

While this does not completely solve some of the more glaring issues with the rotations, the lack of a decent AoE/Cleave, and the worst Blessings system since 5 minute Blessings from Vanilla, at least I can now play Ret without feeling like every spell hits like a wet noodle.
    For the younger audience here:

Ret paladin raiding experience in 40 man:

buff buff buff buff buff buff buff buff ...... and when you were done buffing you had to start all over as the buffs dropped. ( but then again caster specs were also using their Wand, yes .. the Wand , waiting for mana to regen)

Never forget this, the real reason why paladin was the best class in WoW:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...before-you-did

Looks like the buffs did Ret well Can't post the link, but the updated sims for Ret with the upcoming changes has it sitting at 3rd with 300k DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think we needed a bit of higher damage that I can say but our design itself is more of a problem then damage. I mean it's part of it but not the major elephant in the room. Not liking what 7.1 is doing to Blade of Wrath -_-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are these changes live now or going out Tuesday?

NB: Kinda sucks they are buffing TV but not JV thus devaluing JV, I was hoping to switch back to JV/DP once the Crusade nerf from the PTR goes through
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-09-26 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Are these changes live now or going out Tuesday?
    upcoming maintenance yeah, tuesday or weds depands where you are