Thread: 895 from WQ's

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So no, i don't really like random highest ilvl gear from world quests, but it handing similar\close to the same power level gear is perfectly fine. Just don't mess up group content with it.
    Do explain how a small chance at a 895 piece is 'devaluing' group content where you're always going to get 5-6 880+ pieces per boss?

I'm glad we have different options to gear up. As a non raider it's good that I can continue to advance my character in the open world.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why, when someone asks a question, the next 25 responses all say pretty much the exact same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    It's fair because ANY loot can roll titenforge and titenforge can roll up to 895 atm, so raiders and casuals have an equal chance to get it.
    Thing is, Blizzard said that we wouldn't see 895 drops yet and that there would be a cap on maximum obtainable WF/TF item levels for a while. They also initially said that the legendary item bonuses would not work in mythic raids at the start.

They went back on the legendary subject and it's allowed now but as far as I can recall nothing was said about us being able to obtain 895 TF from WQs.
    If players are already being awarded 880+ (not counting legendaries) congrats to them but it would have been nice to know that they could already be 'earned'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    You're trying to compare the time of 1 world quest with 100k gold, when in reality it's a month of world quests to get 1 drop like that vs. a month to acquire 100k gold. The latter is dramatically less time investment, especially in Legion.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I know what happens next. You get free epics from the rest of the raid carrying your ass and gifting them to you.
    You must have been in really patient team then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yes. Some people are going to be better, some people are going to be worse, and a few are going to be completely useless and die on the boss, after which they'll be given epics that they deserve less than if they collected a few squirrels and kicked a few nuts in a world quest. And there'll much more of those people, than people who happen to win the RNG lottery and roll a titanforged 895.
    I didn't seriously see people dying constantly on the bosses and getting items which are +880ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Would it affect you if lets say, you have a job and colleague of yours just slacks around and gets a bigger bonus than you after you worked your ass off a lot more?

Is it that hard to understand that you getting free 895 devalues everything in the game for everyone?
    Must rate as one of the worst analogies I've ever seen on this forum and that says a lot.

At work people are working together for the same target, one person alone getting one ilvl895 on his own, as I said, how does that affect a raider how?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I didn't seriously see people dying constantly on the bosses and getting items which are +880ilvl.
    Yet you see people getting 880+ ilvl items from world quests left and right, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    How toxic, spending your time whining about someone else's rng rather than just playing the game and you know, having fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are 18 (?) item slots - some casual player getting a lucky BIS drop won't make an ounce of a difference and have any effect on raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    How autistic do you have to be to complain about other people getting items?
    As someone on the spectrum, fuck you for your asinine use of the word autistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So if you whine you get 895s? Cause I would take that belt...

*Ahem* This is fucked up Blizzard! I demand that WQ loot be reduced in overall power. In fact, nothing outside of raiding should go above 850 ilvl. If this isn't fixed by the end of the week I'm unsubbing!

Did I do it right guys? WTB Legendary and 895 relics.

We tried an expansion where the only worthwhile content was raiding. Nobody liked it, let's see how the opposite is received before we start to bitch about it mkay

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    A lot of people raid for gear. It's kind of the reason why gear doesn't work like in GW2. Getting gear from the easiest content in the game that matches the hardest content in the game cheapens the hardest content in the game. Not rocket science.
    It doesn't cheapen anything because it's not a steady, reliable stream of Titanforged. There's a limited number of world quests you can get per day. Of that limited number, only a few will reward gear. Out of those, even fewer have a chance of even being upgraded. If you're serious about raiding and looking for upgrades, you might do all your world quests and hope you'll be lucky, but you're mostly going to be running mythics+ until your fingers bleed with a group where you can trade drops at the end. And those item drops have just as much of a chance of being titanforged, so it's simply more efficient to do that.

You're just exaggerating the impact the world quest reward actually has on high end raiding. It's minimal. It's not rocket science, no, it's just inflated egos. People who don't want anyone else to have what they have, because they feel like they are superior. Well nobody cares. Casual players who get titanforged items are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because they do nothing with those items.
    Last edited by Archibalde; 2016-09-25 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Necks, rings boots and bracers. Boo hoo. Rings and necks o
    Dont even have primary stats on them anymore. Hands down the most powerful shit will still.come from raids. The trinkets and set bonuses should keep ypu happy and if not tooo fucking bad. As far as im concerned.limiting tier pieces to raid is.absurd in and of itself. Why should.such iconic and powerful items be limited to raiders? The game needs to retain players and in order to do that it has to.show them the time they invest in the game is just as worthwhile as yours is.
    First, holy shit those typing skills.

Second, the lack of primary stats does not make them weaker seeing as they've compensated by giving them more secondary stats.

Third, tier pieces are NOT limited to raiders, unless you call people who do LFR, Mythic+ and PvP "raiders".

Last, the common dumbass "their time spent is just as valuable as yours is" argument is some real commie bullshit. Apply it to real life and see how well it holds up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It doesn't cheapen anything because it's not a steady, reliable stream of Titanforged. There's a limited number of world quests you can get per day. Of that limited number, only a few will reward gear. Out of those, even fewer have a chance of even being upgraded. If you're serious about raiding and looking for upgrades, you might do all your world quests and hope you'll be lucky, but you're mostly going to be running mythics+ until your fingers bleed with a group where you can trade drops at the end. And those item drops have just as much of a chance of being titanforged, so it's simply more efficient to do that.

You're just exaggerating the impact the world quest reward actually has on high end raiding. It's minimal. It's not rocket science, no, it's just inflated egos. People who don't want anyone else to have what they have, because they feel like they are superior. Well nobody cares. Casual players who get titanforged items are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because they do nothing with those items.
    This whole post can be summarized with "more entitled casuals argue that they deserve the best gear in the game". It's obviously not horrible that the occasional 895 is possible for casuals, but to argue that it doesn't cheapen the achievement of the dude who legitimately got an ilvl 895 from the maximum difficulty content is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I think your chance of getting an 895 from a WQ is about the same chance as you getting a legendary, maybe a little bit higher. It really is a non-issue, the chance existing helps keep WQs relevant beyond the first few weeks.
    It is a far lower chance then receiving a legendary. I'd say probably 100+ people get a legendary per every 1 that gets an 895 from a world quest. If not even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This whole post can be summarized with "more entitled casuals argue that they deserve the best gear in the game". It's obviously not horrible that the occasional 895 is possible for casuals, but to argue that it doesn't cheapen the achievement of the dude who legitimately got an ilvl 895 from the maximum difficulty content is just stupid.
    This whole post can be summarized with "more entitled raiders argue that casuals deserve nothing, EVER."

Why do you care? Why does anyone care? Let them have their gear, it literally has zero effect on your game experience and doesn't 'cheapen' anything. I have a dozens of things I can pat myself on the back for clearing Mythic, just because gear isn't one of them doesn't mean it's the end of the world. My ilvl will be 890+ long before theirs will, and that's fine by me.

The only problem i have with it is that it that it can proc to the same iLvl as mythic raid gear... I think the system would be better if it could only go up to 885 or even 890 just to give an incentive to try harder content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKraka0 View Post
    The only problem i have with it is that it that it can proc to the same iLvl as mythic raid gear... I think the system would be better if it could only go up to 885 or even 890 just to give an incentive to try harder content
    There is enough incentive. A lot of Mythic raiders will most likely be decked out in that kind of gear before a bigger number of people who only do world quests get a single 895 item from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    This whole post can be summarized with "more entitled raiders argue that casuals deserve nothing, EVER."

Why do you care? Why does anyone care? Let them have their gear, it literally has zero effect on your game experience and doesn't 'cheapen' anything. I have a dozens of things I can pat myself on the back for clearing Mythic, just because gear isn't one of them doesn't mean it's the end of the world. My ilvl will be 890+ long before theirs will, and that's fine by me.
    I feel like you can often see who's in the right by who has to exaggerate the most to make a point.

I'm pretty sure I explained exactly why I care in the very post you quoted. You can read, right? Whether or not it has any effect on my game experience is pretty obviously my decision, not sure why you're stating your own opinion about my game experience as facts. No wait, I do know - and it has to do with stupidity.

It does cheapen it. Is nuance hard? You're even yourself implying that it does cheapen it when you say "just because gear isn't one of them". ie gear is no longer a thing you can pat yourself on the back about, ie gear has been cheapened.

Finally, if you don't understand what I mean with exaggerating, my only problem is that WQs can give the MAXIMUM ilvl - give them 875 or something for all I care, my only issue is that the maximum difficulty rewards are cheapened by this fact.

You know what I hate? That those nitwits at McDonalds can get THE SAME money as I do! THE SAME! It cheapens my money. They shouldn't get money for their work, it's not rocket science, only the most difficult of jobs should reward money. /s

OT: Stop caring about that mythic raider that accidentally got one of his 895 items from a WQ. He will still get the majority of his gear 'the hard way', just like you. Crybaby.