Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Since when is deporting 12 million people efficient?

Its pretty damn obvious that there are strong racist undertones to these supposed efficient immigration policies, where its not about creating a working immigration system, but kicking out and stopping those who old white republicans see as "other".
    You realise that the US is not the only country in the world, don't you? People from all over the world get called racist for wanting to improve the immigration system in their country, so your argument fails.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Mass deportation requires a police state and human rights abuses to carry out. That's just a fact. If you are unwilling to look at this issue practically, and it is so important to expel people from your country that you would allow a police state and human rights abuses, you are a racist.
    There's a HUGE difference between me being impractical about deporting people and me being racist. I'm scared to know what you think a racist is. So do you think racist means "anyone who disagrees with leftist liberal ideology"?

I also think it's ironic that the liberals are for illegal immigration when the benefactors are Corporate America who are using illegals to pay people poverty level wages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump has said some very racist things prior to his comments about mexican immigrants being murderers and rapists. When people say that he's racist, they're not referring to his completely asinine views on immigration. They're referring to his actual racist comments and views. Then the loyal Trumpites come in and say "OMG WHY IS WANTING SOUND IMMIGRATION POLICY RACIST?" when nobody ever said it was.

See, that's what's called a strawman. You can't in any way defend Trump's racist comments, so you make it about immigration policy.

But here's the thing, our immigration system is broken. Half of the people here "illegally" came here legally on visas which have since expired because their immigration processing is taking years to complete. When conservatives say "That's the way it should be" they never really can explain why it's necessary for immigration processing to take more than 5 years like it does.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Holy crap, it's like no one crying "racist" can read at all. I was going to respond to some, but literally everyone quoting me is misrepresenting me.

It's not racist because they don't want anyone of any race to come into this country. Like someone notes, there's been times with a lot of Irish were trying to immigrate to the U.S. and people had a problem with that. Same with times where lots of Italians immigrated. Same where lots of various Asians were immigrating.

The isolationists don't care where you come from or what the color of your skin is. They have a problem when there's a big influx of immigrants (especially when they are illegal) regardless of race or skin color. So again, how is it racist if a white person doesn't want another white person to illegally enter the country? How it is racist if a brown person doesn't want another brown person to enter the country illegally?

A lot of anti Irish and anti Italian immigration boiled down to racism though... for fuck sakes you had pseudoscientist explaining how Irish and Italians really weren't white and were inferior and were by nature stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    People try to say immigration it's all about immigration. Not race. "Build a wall!" Wait who is that wall to stop? Only certain people are coming over that border. It's odd how people can boil down all immigration control to Latinos. And claim race plays no part.
    This doesn't prove anything except mexicans are coming over. You didn't make a connection between race and anti immigration except a correlational one at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I'm still waiting for the policy to stop undocumented immigration from Asia, which is about 20% of undocumented immigrants. Still waiting...
    20% from asia, 30% from Europe, only about half from Mexico. Funny how the conservatives always focus on Mexicans. Then when it's brought up that illegals come from many different countries, they say "yeah we should stop them too" then go right back to only talking about illegal Mexican immigrants.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

A lot of anti Irish and anti Italian immigration boiled down to racism though... for fuck sakes you had pseudoscientist explaining how Irish and Italians really weren't white and were inferior and were by nature stupid.
    Does that pseudoscientist represent the beliefs of the people at the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Immigration policies aren't racist on their own but the people and justification for the policies can be racist.

Look at the history of immigration in the United States. It's closely tied to race and racist policies. Being that those policies were in place yesterday (relatively speaking), people are more critical about immigration policies.

It's also weird that the arguments of people who are most passionate about immigration policies tend to boil down to, "We'll I just don't like brown people"
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-09-25 at 06:16 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

No one said Irish weren't white. There very few people in the world more "white". For Flip's sake, you are completely making up crap and spewing lies to try to win the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This doesn't prove anything except mexicans are coming over. You didn't make a connection between race and anti immigration except a correlational one at best.
    The conversation revolves around Latinos while saying nothing of other immigrants. I mean did you not understand?

Holy crap, it's like no one crying "racist" can read at all. I was going to respond to some, but literally everyone quoting me is misrepresenting me.

It's not racist because they don't want anyone of any race to come into this country. Like someone notes, there's been times with a lot of Irish were trying to immigrate to the U.S. and people had a problem with that. Same with times where lots of Italians immigrated. Same where lots of various Asians were immigrating.

The isolationists don't care where you come from or what the color of your skin is. They have a problem when there's a big influx of immigrants (especially when they are illegal) regardless of race or skin color. So again, how is it racist if a white person doesn't want another white person to illegally enter the country? How it is racist if a brown person doesn't want another brown person to enter the country illegally?
    Because that's not how it is actually manifesting itself. The way anti-immigrant sentiment is manifesting itself is in explicitly anti-Mexican sentiment, endorsements from David Duke and the KKK, and an increase in hate crimes. That's reality. This isn't a thought experiment. I support comprehensive immigration reform, but nobody calls me a racist for it, not once. Maybe you should ask yourself what you are saying that is so different from what I am saying that it is causing problems for you. Maybe its calls for mass deportation, which you may not realize, but is some insane authoritarian, genocidal shit. You can't mass deport people in a friendly or orderly way. It causes genocides.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

How is that possibly racist?
    How is devolving Italians to a new race of sub white people and then bashing them for being sub white people racist? Serious?
    Last edited by Themius; 2016-09-25 at 06:17 PM.

How is that possibly racist?
    You don't understand how it is racist to classify people as inferior based on race/ethnicity? I mean, that's the dictionary definition. What the fuck do you think racism is?
    -ynnady

Because the policies are attached to justifications that are racists without any data to back up. At least that is the case in the USA.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know, but we need diversity in white countries becauwe there are way too many white people. All non-white countries are fine and do not need any diversity what so ever.

That's what idiots of the time believed

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Immigration policies aren't racist on their own but the people and justification for the policies can be racist.

Look at the history of immigration in the United States. It's closely tied to race and racist policies.

It's also weird that the arguments of people who are most passionate about immigration policies tend to boil down to, "We'll I just don't like brown people"
    They can be, but they aren't

I know Canadians who are having a very tough time gaining Citizenship and they've been trying for over 10 years. Any Canadian in the U.S. illegally would be deported. There's nothing racist about that.

Yes. Anti-Irish sentiment was a big deal back then. Political cartoons regularly portrayed them as ape-like brutes.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Really has nothing to do with race. The immigration policies are messed for people of every race.

There's no secret back door that gives Canadians and Europeans free citizen cards.
    They're not "messed up" for anyone of any color. If you can't come to the US, the RIGHT way, the PROPER way, then you don't need to be here.. Simple as that. I don't give a damn if you have purple skin.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

That's what idiots of the time believed
    No they didn't. It's only what idiots now are saying they believed to push their agenda. People being anti-irish did not care about the color of their skin and did not claim "these people aren't white". That's complete BS.