Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    10 TIMES MOAR!!!!!!! Or just 3-4 hours on some days and maybe not even that. It takes an hour to run through the WQ's and about 10-15 min to do a dungeon.
    WTF dungeons are now doable in 10-15mins?

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    You can't cater to everybody. That's why different products exist. They shat the bed really badly with WoD thanks to this philosophy of trying to please everyone and now the pendulum swung in the other direction. The game is back to being a MMORPG, at least more than it's been in previous expansions in order to save itself from dying.

Bottom line is, the pve content pays the bills, and people subscribe to roleplay a hero battling the forces of whatever evil they create in the expac. They don't subscribe to run around pillars for 20 minutes. This has always been a pve game with pvp being an afterthought at best.

Honestly you're very close to getting that self awareness going. You're playing a loot based, RNG ridden game which gives characters random chances to deal more damage (crit), and yet you think you have a level playing field where your "skills" matter. A game which is built to be as grindy as possible in order to prolong the time it takes to reach any milestone for more subscription money, and yet here you are whining about how it takes time to do stuff.

You don't have the patience for this because you never did to begin with. You were baited into investing time and money in a genre you don't like by greedy ratfaced coincounters who pressured a games studio to water down a game formula to appeal to as many people as possible. MMORPGs are not the game for you, and you realize this now, when they were forced to go back to what works for this genre: time sinks and progression treadmills.
    I appreciate the thoughtful response man. I'm with you on a lot of what you said. More than anything, I'm simply disappointed that this time, my specialized way of playing is impossible. No other pure-pvp game offers the same type of mechanics that WoW arenas do.

I'd like to say there's a significant number of pure PvP players who probably don't prefer the artifact power grind addition, but I don't have a citation for it, it's pure speculation.
    Last edited by blainicus; 2016-09-25 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    With NO GRIND AT ALL I got to level 110, got my artefact to level 18, got my iLvl to 845, got my reps all to revered.

Wasn't until I'd played for over 150 hours before ANY GRIND AT ALL.

I wish people would stop misusing that term.

For reference: Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks.
    Call me when you achieve 20/20/26 Artefact levels for 150 hours and meanwhile leveling 3 more alts
    Vanilla wasnt grind till you level to 60
    Grind became after that, and now is the same shit especially if you going to play Cutting edge PvE but inlike then i do not have 10-15 hours per day free time to grind for the like one 3th of the things who i farming back
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-09-25 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blainicus View Post
    I know what they're meant to be, and that's the problem. There can never be an even playing field as long as these things exist. Some people live and breathe PvE and get way ahead on damage.
    Are you seriously expecting to be rewarded for ignoring 50% of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Call me when you achieve 20/20/26 Artefact levels for 150 hours and meanwhile leveling 3 more alts
    LOL - of course you can CHOOSE to grind, just watch the South Park episode.

However, there is no Grind required.

End of story.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    With NO GRIND AT ALL I got to level 110, got my artefact to level 18, got my iLvl to 845, got my reps all to revered.

Wasn't until I'd played for over 150 hours before ANY GRIND AT ALL.

I wish people would stop misusing that term.

For reference: Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks.
    Slap a new model and textures on it, increase the numbers, change the dialogue, and it's 100% completely different and not the same repetitive thing you've been doing for the past 100 levels :^)

WoW's 99.9% grind bro. It's called Grind Blind: when you think it isn't, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    WoW's 99.9% grind bro.
    Not this time around. The first 150 hours was all unique content. Of course - now I'm raiding, there is grind .... but 150 hours of unique content up front is pretty damn fine.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I know what they're meant to be, and that's the problem. There can never be an even playing field as long as these things exist. Some people live and breathe PvE and get way ahead on damage.
    Why does there need to be an even field? Someone who invests more time should be rewarded. I work 50+ hour weeks so I understand not everyone has insane time to invest but I like that there's something to invest in. Something wow hasn't had in a long tome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive unsubscribed now, the game offers nothing. Levelled my ret up to what seemed to be a waste of time, tried to do my boomkin and i just cannot be fucking arsed anymore.

I said quite sometime back now this would be the final nail and im spot on, the game is boring as fuck unless you raid.

Crestfall please hurry up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Don't they do that, they just make you pay extra for it? (Which is absolutely totally bullshit, btw. Why don't people ever complain about that?)
    They did in the past but there is nothing like that available currently

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Artifacts are meant to be a long term progression track, not something you max out in the first two weeks and never think of again for the next two years.
    But not only can you do that but it's hardly unreasonable to feel like you have to, because players' performances matter to them and so they will worry they can't keep up because they didn't grind hard enough. I know I feel like I should be on right now, grinding that shit out. It's actually hard to convince myself to play an alt that needs to be level'd or do anything else 'til that's done.

It needed a weekly cap or something, so you knew you'd done all you could do, not something you can infinitely grind until you're done. If you put a way to get stronger infront of a player, the average player will strive to obtain it even to the point of exhausting themselves to do it out of fear they won't be accepted if they don't.

It isn't healthy to offer that kind of gameplay. There are many players who have their weapons nearly 100% already. How far are you? I mean, granted, you might not feel like you personally need to do so, but many of us do feel like we should. So the frustration is understandable.

-- OP, don't give up if you enjoy everything else the game is offering you. Just accept you won't be the top player, and find some peace with it. S'all you can do.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2016-09-26 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a solution, because I don't have the same amount of free time a lot of people do. In the past it was never a problem, because gear was finishable.
    So lemme get this straight, you wanna be on the same playing field as people who have put more hours in then you? Sorry, that's not how this works, and that's not how real life works. You wouldn't complain to your boss about the guy who just got promoted who's been working there a year longer than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what else I can add. The artifact grind is insane and I only like to do PvP. I like a lot of what the expansion offers, but it really sucks that they made very little of it optional to complete before you can be maxed out for arenas.

Artifact power being introduced at the same time as PvP templates makes no sense to me. Are they trying to punish non-raiders?

And yea, I'm giving up on this expansion just like I did with WoD as a result. I don't have the patience for this.

TLDR: I'm pissed it's no longer possible to go ham on gear, finish it, and then play rated PvP casually with the same stats as everyone else.
    Honestly Blizzard should just either disable artifact abilities and talents or make them all baseline when in instanced PvP.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    But not only can you do that but it's hardly unreasonable to feel like you have to, because players' performances matter to them and so they will worry they can't keep up because they didn't grind hard enough. I know I feel like I should be on right now, grinding that shit out. It's actually hard to convince myself to play an alt that needs to be level'd or do anything else 'til that's done.

It needed a weekly cap or something, so you knew you'd done all you could do, not something you can infinitely grind until you're done. If you put a way to get stronger infront of a player, the average player will strive to obtain it even to the point of exhausting themselves to do it out of fear they won't be accepted if they don't.

It isn't healthy to offer that kind of gameplay. There are many players who have their weapons nearly 100% already. How far are you? I mean, granted, you might not feel like you personally need to do so, but many of us do feel like we should. So the frustration is understandable.

-- OP, don't give up if you enjoy everything else the game is offering you. Just accept you won't be the top player, and find some peace with it. S'all you can do.
    This is exactly my mindset. I don't have more than 2 hours a day to play, 5 on the weekend. In past expansions, eventually every second of that time could be put towards arenas and not have to worry about no-life advantages after the first few weeks when everyone had PvP weapon. I really don't enjoy most of the rest of it, dungeons/world quests/raids are just grind to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Honestly Blizzard should just either disable artifact abilities and talents or make them all baseline when in instanced PvP.
    Agreed. I'd rather have no progression than progression that takes years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Ive unsubscribed now, the game offers nothing. Levelled my ret up to what seemed to be a waste of time, tried to do my boomkin and i just cannot be fucking arsed anymore.

I said quite sometime back now this would be the final nail and im spot on, the game is boring as fuck unless you raid.

Crestfall please hurry up.
    "Guys I didn't do any of the new non-raid content but, this game is all about raiding."

So, we can assume you have cleared mythic +15 keystones?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I mean, they could also just give you more AP for doing pvp content. Their stated goal was do w/e you want, and the AP will come.

AP rewards for PVP content is abysmal and it is done on purpose to force PVP players into PVE.

blizzard is weird, they say "pvp players should be equal (gear wise)" but pvpers need to farm pvp talents and artifact. This is simply huge power gap. solution is easy. when you do instance pvp all artifact and pvp talents should given to player. and pvp templates ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    world of warcraft requires 5-10 hours per day to progress so if you do not have that time then it's the wrong game for you..go play runescape..
    To be half good at Runescape you can't sleep. Runescape takes at least 15 hours a day to get anywhere lol. The entire game is an infinite grind
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    "Guys I didn't do any of the new non-raid content but, this game is all about raiding."

So, we can assume you have cleared mythic +15 keystones?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, they could also just give you more AP for doing pvp content. Their stated goal was do w/e you want, and the AP will come.
    And there it is. Unless I have cleared something my opinion is void. So if I get these super dupa keystones can i then come back oh great one?