Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    See on the one hand im not in favor of rng and i agree with the op. On the other hand im fairly certain when he says work towards your gear he means exvlusive shit gated behind raiding difficulty which i am not in favor of. Was having a valor vendor with good loot (i.e tier) such a bad thing?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-09-25 at 01:51 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a positive change to allow multiple sources and angles for gear. Having a set linear path to achieve gear means those who do not appreciate the line won't ever get gear. Just like learning, it is important to teach audibly, visually, kinetically, or a combo of all 3 to get the student to complete their task. Same with gear progression. The more varied the options, the more players who participate, which means the fewer who just give in and quit. I was not a fan of WoD, but Legion is impressing me on many levels.
    Last edited by -Joker-; 2016-09-25 at 03:48 PM.

Rewards should be linked with performance. That's why this game is slowly dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Rewards should be linked with performance. That's why this game is slowly dying.
    I disagree. The game, for the first time in a long time is gaining some momentum after launch. While the best gear should always be related to performance, their should be lower tier gear available as recolors for people who take alternate paths. Like Valor or PvP gear. While PvE is still the main focus of the game, excluding others from similarly statted gear is what drove a wedge between most of us and made others walk away. It was probably one of the few good things about WoD.

Deleted
    I'm happy I can work my fulltime job, come home not having enough time to raid and still be able to get some items that will keep me contending in weekend pugs. Feels great to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Legion system compared to previous system that said there is way too many gear, and if they want to make the game more simple, I don't understand why they have so many data on the tooltips, heroic +3 mythic warforged with socket with green and white numbers and ilevel, why not just, blue color, epic color (very powerful gear from mythic), legendary (legendary, meaning not everyone have 1), like before, it worked, and removing ilevel, I mean I think players are capable of seeing if there's more strength on an item compared to another so ilevel is pointless.
    And I would not be shocked at all if one piece of gear on an old current expansion raid was better than what's available on current dungeon/raid (I don't think it's what's happening ?), it would make old content even more relevant and the game less redundant
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-09-25 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They tried that in wod. Turns out it left alot pf.players with nothing to do or at least no reason to do any of it.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Mythic+2 farming vastly devalues normal / heroic raids. Which is probably also the reason they made those (at least it feels like it to me so far) quite a bit easier.
    The random titanforged upgrades from worldquests are not really that much of a problem imo.
    regardles gear from mythic + 2 is crap anyway unless it titanforges high which feels kinda strange you do chalendingtimed content are receive 845 shit like from 3 minutes wq -_- very unrewarding when you spam 10-20 dungeon and dont get even single upgrade

there hsould be some sort of badges in there which will give upgrades after ocmpleteing X numbers of dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think is rewarding again, i haven't felt this way since a very long time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Obtaining an item that has been titanforged to the heavens isn't rewarding?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They tried that in wod. Turns out it left alot pf.players with nothing to do or at least no reason to do any of it.
    They tried to link rewards with performance in WoD? No sure we played the same game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They tried to link rewards with performance in WoD? No sure we played the same game.
    Absolutely. They gutted the rewards of virtually every other form of content and raiding (not including lfr which they also gutted) was effectively the only way to progress. Everything else was shit.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    This has made more people confident about raiding, anything that does that is a +1 in my eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's rewarding to the vast majority of WoW players, those who don't raid.
    I dont raid and it is no rewarding. Doing easy content for free epics? I could hardly care about them when there is so many free epics all around for pretty much doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Absolutely. They gutted the rewards of virtually every other form of content and raiding (not including lfr which they also gutted) was effectively the only way to progress. Everything else was shit.
    You could get gear from follower mission which requires 0 skill. Also you could get gear from LFR which requires less than 0 skill as you can afk in fire.

Game should be like this: casuals get their gear from heroics where ilvl is sufficient for their needs. And the only way to get higher ilvl gear should be rated pvp and raiding normal+

What's the point in getting higher gear if you don't raid or do rated pvp?
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-09-25 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    I dont raid and it is no rewarding. Doing easy content for free epics? I could hardly care about them when there is so many free epics all around for pretty much doing nothing.
    but whatever you do beside mythics raiding, you wont have the full mythic tier set without doing it.
    you could potentialy have something equivalent ie same ilvl but not the tier set.

nor would you have the mount, or the title.

i've been grinding heroic, and world quest. it is extremly rare to get upgrade above 840.

mythic dungeon give some time 855 860. mythic + you have to be at least 850 to clear m+4\5 that give you just that.

I'm 850 and the real upgrade for me is nm for maybe a proc, or heroic raiding. and world boss.

World quest and pvp give me 830 max. i have stop to do gear related one, and only do rep or ap grind.

So the whole concept of easy gear just evaporate once you reach 840.

the only way to breack this wall is to be extremly lucky, or progress like we have done for the past 10+ years.

Now the entry ilvl is much easier, but that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Yeah I dont really like it, but doesnt this work better in Diablo cos that game youre suppose to keep grinding and grinding and theres no real limit how many chances you have? For wow I guess you do have unlimited if you keep running dungeons but a lot of it is like limited to once a week/day
    You can technically farm Mythic+ dungeons endlessly

Says you, I felt pretty damned rewarded when a pair of 830 boots got titanforged to 870. At this point in other expansions, I'd only be looking at upgrades from raid bosses. Now? No matter what content I do, there's a chance, however slim, that I'll get lucky and REWARDED with an upgrade.

That >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ANYTHING we had before in my book.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-25 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I actually like it because it means that I could effectively always possibly get an upgrade from anything, and I kind of never really know quite what I'm gonna get. I could always potentially get something that'd be good, rather than waiting to do something once a week that might give me something good, but probably won't.

I especially like that you're incentivized to keep running dungeons past the initial gearing up process. That's a huge boon, IMHO, over the past.

I can see why those people who always plan out exactly what gear they need and want to get a BIS or whatever set may be put off by it. But that's kind of a weird set of ideals that I personally kind of felt never really had a place in an RPG. But that's just me, and my opinion. I can understand why someone would disagree with it.
    As a raider I like the loot system as it is, you still get tier in raids and you can get some items that help you in said raids.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must be playing two different games! You know gear increases your character's power right?
    Don't see how anyone could say "gear is no longer rewarding" at the start of a tier.

Don't even mention titanforging, that is not relevant to this at all. It would be impossibly lucky to get a full set of 895 titanforged gear from anything other than mythic raiding or slowly from Mythic+ weekly boxes.

Anything else is shit gear and is only a stepping stone.
    You can NOT get gear that matters "from anywhere."
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV