Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    and as a dev you listen to that? they shouldve just nerfed IP%. i just tanked a dungeon, the flow is gone, i am with an empty rage bar waiting to slam and vengence to get rage >.>

these devs are a bunch of fckin morons, i tell you that. at least they could TEST this in a proper environment and conclude that it damages the gameplay.
    Self-fulfilling prophecy. You see the change as damaging the gameplay, so in your mind, it does, even if it has no impact whatsoever.

To clarify my post - The hotfixes are not live yet. Your tanking experience is the same as it's always been, there has been no change. You are imagining things and willing and waiting for the world to burn around you, rather than paying attention to actual impact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulfe View Post
    Self-fulfilling prophecy. You see the change as damaging the gameplay, so in your mind, it does, even if it has no impact whatsoever.

To clarify my post - The hotfixes are not live yet. Your tanking experience is the same as it's always been, there has been no change. You are imagining things and willing and waiting for the world to burn around you, rather than paying attention to actual impact.
    you have been sniffing too much glue, jarhead. apocalypse? wtf xD

we were talking about the current state of prot tanking without the nerfs. the most rediculous part is that you telling me what my tanking experience is.

riiiiiiiiight

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    My comment was in response to a person who stated this was not a nerf to IP and IP needs more nerf.
    I absolutely agree with you on the fact that nerfing rage generation is disrupting the flow ( as clunky as it was before) of the class, at least at the current state of the game.
    Unfortunately they took a similar approach to the arms nerf, rather thank tweaking damage numbers. Might of the Vrykul will help with rage generation, once unlocked. Although, I was pretty much always using Vengeance / Ultimatum, so now I can consider the other talents. As an after thought, they nerfed the least used 100 talent with this change as well, lol. This puts Anger Management much further down.

Deleted
    Vengeance/Ultimatum was the only fun way to play Legion prot. Why cripple it instead of just nerfing IP. Smh.

Deleted
    Ultimatum + Vengeance still offers the most damage and survivability in patchwerk situations.
    Have to choose between AoE spec or ST spec now instead of just rolling with same spec all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Can you imagine how Demon Hunters are feeling they got the brunt of the nerfs. And already cant survive incoming damage.
    Honestly it didn't surprise me that they nerfed their mastery, what surprised me is that they didn't boost their passive mitigation along with it. DS windows still won't be a problem, but when those drop it is still going to be just as bad as now.

I'm most pissed at vengeance nerf. now the spec is boring, as it's better to just got with 3% haste buff. Oh and get ready to spam Devastate like 5 times in a row cuz theres, nothing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    Why is everyone so obsessed with the numbers in the heal meter from tanks? It means nothing, because that part of the damage reduction. The difference in HPS between one tank class and another is simply damage that the tank with less HPS isnt taking in the first place. My monk tank partner last expansion had 3-4x as much HPS, but this doesnt mean he has 3-4x of my survivability.
    Because it's relevant when the baseline damage taken is the same or even lower for Prot. I literally just went through logs of heroic raid fights and there were logs where warriors had 100% ignore pain uptime, e.g. on the dragons fight, taking like 20k HPS from healers over the whole fight (and 180k from themselves) while the other tank took like 150k HPS from healers. When looking at Mythic+, there was one group that once did Arcway 9 with a blood DK and another time with a prot warrior. When playing with the blood DK, the healer had ~40% more TOTAL healing and double the healing on the tank compared to running with the prot warrior, both absolutely and relatively (compared to healing on the DPS). In fact, when running with the prot warrior, the healer had more healing on one of the DPS than on the actual tank.

I'm absolutely perplexed how people can defend this broken ass shit. Even after the "nerfs", ignore pain will still be broken if you stack mastery/versatility to a point that I feel forced to play a my prot warrior not to hold my group back.

And this is why I knew Warrior Prot was going to be crap until the end of the expansion. It's why I decided to not get Legion. Between introducing IP, a single absorb, and trashing most of the previous active mitigation, this was a shitstorm waiting to happen. I have no idea why they dropped the old system which was based on years of implementation.

Don't even get me started on them trying to figure out what to do with PVP tanks jeeeesus.

The part that irks me the most is that they're now claiming "well our numbers show it out performing." You've had these same numbers since beta. To my knowledge, warriors didn't have a SINGLE blue post in their class feedback. The concerns were there, they had the info, they refused to do anything about it until people started crying. Now we getting hit unnecessarily hard. I don't think anyone can dispute how strong IP is, even during beta it was brought up but ignored continuously. Blizzard is really, really letting warriors down this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Because it's relevant when the baseline damage taken is the same or even lower for Prot. I literally just went through logs of heroic raid fights and there were logs where warriors had 100% ignore pain uptime, e.g. on the dragons fight, taking like 20k HPS from healers over the whole fight (and 180k from themselves) while the other tank took like 150k HPS from healers. When looking at Mythic+, there was one group that once did Arcway 9 with a blood DK and another time with a prot warrior. When playing with the blood DK, the healer had ~40% more TOTAL healing and double the healing on the tank compared to running with the prot warrior, both absolutely and relatively (compared to healing on the DPS). In fact, when running with the prot warrior, the healer had more healing on one of the DPS than on the actual tank.

I'm absolutely perplexed how people can defend this broken ass shit. Even after the "nerfs", ignore pain will still be broken if you stack mastery/versatility to a point that I feel forced to play a my prot warrior not to hold my group back.
    I wasnt talking about prot warriors at all. I was talking about tanks in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    They hit prot paladin's self healing with massive nerfs too, so welcome to the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    I don't think many warriors will argue that Ignore Pain didn't need a nerf. Its the way they nerfed it via rage generation that has reaching implications outside of Ignore Pain.
    But oh well, enough people cry about it, and Blizzard nerfs shit.
    In fact I am pretty glad they didn´t nerf IP itself. Huge chunks of rage are still generated by being hit. My, sadly unsupported, feeling tells me, that I won´t feel too rage starved while tanking mythics or mythic+ dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Welcome to the club. Prot Paladins got a massive nerf (light of the protector talent AND artefact trait for example). Blizzard does not like tanks I guess. Maybe time to play DPS instead

Honestly, the best place to talk about game balance issues is reddit. Thats kinda where blizzard gets their balance feedback from nowadays. A lot of the buffs and nerfs seem to be based on whatever threads are loudest there.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    In fact I am pretty glad they didn´t nerf IP itself. Huge chunks of rage are still generated by being hit. My, sadly unsupported, feeling tells me, that I won´t feel too rage starved while tanking mythics or mythic+ dungeons.

Correct. If their goal was to nerf IP, they did it in a way that barely affected IP. Even during Heroic Ursoc, there were periods where I was feeding 10 rage IP into more focused rages because I was IP capped. Also, I was specced into Renewed Fury for more damage because Ultimatum was only a 15 rage savings on crit.

Now I will do less damage and I will spend less rage on FR and put that 'saved' rage into IP so my total survivability will be about the same as it was before. Maybe more if I am overcompensating here.

Prot warriors will definitely still be viable. Probably one of the best tanks. It's just going to suck when you aren't tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred a flat nerf to IP's absorb amount rather than nerfing our rage generation.

Having said that, I'm sticking with my warrior regardless. I don't need to be OP to enjoy the class.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

There were better ways to nerf IP than this. Once again, blizzard showing their inability to balance anything correctly in their game.
    Last edited by Glasse; 2016-09-25 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    And this is why I knew Warrior Prot was going to be crap until the end of the expansion. It's why I decided to not get Legion. Between introducing IP, a single absorb, and trashing most of the previous active mitigation, this was a shitstorm waiting to happen. I have no idea why they dropped the old system which was based on years of implementation.

Don't even get me started on them trying to figure out what to do with PVP tanks jeeeesus.
    "WE MUST CHANGE THINGS. NO REASON TO. WE JUST HAVE TO. ALSO FUCK TANKS."

Can't wait to make tanks be utter dogshit in all content because it hurts dps fee-fees and then they'll cry and moan because a queue is 60 minutes because no there isn't tanks NOR healers.

Will there be more nerfs to IP or was the rage regen it?