Thread: 895 from WQ's

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    No, you cry ME a fucking river. You're basically saying you want everyone in the game, regardless of how much effort and time they put in, to be rewarded the same gear. Sure, mythic raiders have astronomically higher chances of it, but as I said, it doesn't matter how small the chance is. It's disgusting.
    I've found that the vast majority of very good players, the world first players in the top 200 or 300 guilds or so don't really care what other people get. They know they're the best and they know it's skill is what makes them the best.

Then there's the people who find casuals getting gear "disgusting" that are almost always in the try-hard world 1000-2000 ranked guilds. They're mediocre at this game, and they put way more emphasis on gear than personal skill. Gear is the penultimate expression of how good someone is to them. Sorry broski, us good players don't care if others have 1 or 2 pieces of 895 gear. I'll be fully decked in 880+ gear soon while the world questers will still be 855 with a piece or two over 880, and all of the try-hards will be stuck with 870 ilvl.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    That's the real issue. This Raid tier (I'm just doing normal and heroic) has nice encounters, but the rewards don't feel rewarding at all. Wiping 20 times until we finally down Cenarius felt awesome. Getting a 865 Necklace for the troubles felt really awesome.

Cracking some nuts (it's always that quest for me, don't know why) giving you a better necklace felt... really stupid.

The biggest Carrot on a Stick always has been gear - and raids should be the only source for the best gear, otherwise the incentive to do them is severely lessened. Blizz shoot themselves in the foot with this.

And that makes the raids also too easy from the start. I already didn't need any loot from Emerald Nightmare normal, only hc has some upgrades. Ugh.
    This is why I like the TBC model for raiding tbh. I started playing early BC, but only started raiding after the BT patch. But I didn't just jump into the first guild that took me and went into BT on my first night. I managed to get to know a officer from the servers 54th ranked guild and he gave me a chance. Let me join their team (granted they were at the lower tiers, kara, maggies etc (small server btw)) I had to grind heroics, I earned my kara spot and I worked my way up. Each raid was a challenge, each progress boss down a sweat, sweat victory. When we downed something, we knew it was deserved, I'm not saying these days it isn't deserved, but it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Is that really necessary? I mean it feels like epics are a bit whatever nowadays...

Shouldn't there be a cap on WQ's gear? and its titanforge, that is way bellow heroic raiding even I'd say...

For those that don't know : https://i.imgur.com/dTPgGfT.jpg?1 dropped from a WQ. I don't care how low the chance is really, its just degrading.

Same goes for dungeons... I feel the need to run dungeons but again, i have gotten better gear from WQ's myself than mythic+ before... its just not right, thats how it feels.
    Guess we need to remove legendaries as well.

Or maybe you have some serious growing up to do.

Casual plebs getting gear without effort, how dare they.

In all seriousness I don't see what the issue is here. Can anyone explain the negative affect it has on the game from getting top Ilvl from solo content?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do think it's a little silly for them to be offering such high rewards from world quests. I wish they'd just keep shit at a fixed level for what you can get outside of raids. They did it in the past, like how the 'world gear' in a tiered patch would essentially be enough to get you into a raid, and it's kind of the same with Legion. You can get that 8-piece Order Hall set and that's upgraded to 850 right there, and some 860-ish world boss gear to boot. Gear comes so easily nowadays it's a bit of a joke.

Is that really necessary? I mean it feels like epics are a bit whatever nowadays...

Shouldn't there be a cap on WQ's gear? and its titanforge, that is way bellow heroic raiding even I'd say...

For those that don't know : https://i.imgur.com/dTPgGfT.jpg?1 dropped from a WQ. I don't care how low the chance is really, its just degrading.

Same goes for dungeons... I feel the need to run dungeons but again, i have gotten better gear from WQ's myself than mythic+ before... its just not right, thats how it feels.
    895? Which quest offered you that? Are you wearing mythic EN gear or something?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I feel like you can often see who's in the right by who has to exaggerate the most to make a point.

I'm pretty sure I explained exactly why I care in the very post you quoted. You can read, right? Whether or not it has any effect on my game experience is pretty obviously my decision, not sure why you're stating your own opinion about my game experience as facts. No wait, I do know - and it has to do with stupidity.

It does cheapen it. Is nuance hard? You're even yourself implying that it does cheapen it when you say "just because gear isn't one of them". ie gear is no longer a thing you can pat yourself on the back about, ie gear has been cheapened.

Finally, if you don't understand what I mean with exaggerating, my only problem is that WQs can give the MAXIMUM ilvl - give them 875 or something for all I care, my only issue is that the maximum difficulty rewards are cheapened by this fact.
    Gear feeling unique and rewarding died with the xmog system, long gone are the days of standing around gawking at other players because they have a completed heroic tier set, that weapon you've always wanted or whatever other fantasy mmo barbie crap your into.

I find it highly unlikely that someone doing world quests and gaining the occasional 880+ piece is going to gear at a similar rate to those that can clear Mythic raid content. Good players are often 'good' regardless of item level, all the gear in the world can't carry people through raid encounters, look at the hilariously low number of people clearing normal and most of them started with a higher ilvl than the base items dropped in that difficulty.

I'm saying those casuals with a few 895 pieces have no impact on 'your game experience' because... they don't. They're not raiding with you or pushing challenging content with you- they're just out in the world doing the same shit everyone else is doing and outside of LFD spam, the likelihood of you ever running into them in other content is pretty damn small- and even if they were, why is that a concern? Because you feel that since you earned your ilvl the 'hard way' you're the king of content mountain and only those you deem worthy can play with you or are you afraid that rando casuals with a similar ilvl will outperform you?
    Last edited by Mercane; 2016-09-25 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we rename this thread "entitled casuals vs shocked raiders"? The only people defending this are the ones that put very little effort into raiding.
    The hilarity is that you think it's the casuals being entitled, rather than this subsection of raiders whining against it. Please look up the term. Saying, "I don't want anyone else to have my toys" is a prime example of entitlement.

Do casuals deserve 895 loot? That's not for you to say, that's not for casuals to say. That's for Blizzard to say. Stating that you don't want casuals to have it just makes you the self entitled one.

Any sensible raider is not going to have an issue with this. It doesn't affect them. Their loot not only has a higher chance of TF'ing all the way to 895, but also a much higher base ilvl. It's still more lucrative to go into raids for loot than it is to hope you win the lottery with a WQ TF'ing to 895.

This is great! Both extremes of attitude in one day. This guy says we should get nothing without pounding our heads against the boss wall and it should be gated. The guy this morning said he should get EVERYTHING because he paid for the game and the sub, he wants it guaranteed he will get it quickly.

Ok, which is it to be??

Who cares? If you're good you'll be decked into 895s in the time some more casual player might only see a single one of these pieces.

Not gamebreaking for anyone, just spices things up occasionally, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really.
    "Not really" what? Are you trying to imply that getting 100k gold takes longer than a month? If so I have to wonder if you even play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKraka0 View Post
    The only problem i have with it is that it that it can proc to the same iLvl as mythic raid gear... I think the system would be better if it could only go up to 885 or even 890 just to give an incentive to try harder content
    Mate, if the WoD system of "RAID OR DIE!" couldn't encourage players like me to either try or (in my case) rejoin the pre-formed group raiding scene, nothing will.

At the end of the day, this is a good thing. Raiders have their method of getting geared and continuing to progress their gear. Players like myself have dungeons and LFR and world quests. And those players that don't event want to step foot into LFR/dungeons now have some options as well.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Mate, if the WoD system of "RAID OR DIE!" couldn't encourage players like me to either try or (in my case) rejoin the pre-formed group raiding scene, nothing will.

At the end of the day, this is a good thing. Raiders have their method of getting geared and continuing to progress their gear. Players like myself have dungeons and LFR and world quests. And those players that don't event want to step foot into LFR/dungeons now have some options as well.
    This.

Days of the snowflake are over and good riddance.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    waaaah people who quest in the open world have gear too
    They neither need nor deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Oh boo hoo. Raiders don't exclusively get the best gear anymore, so what? That's a GOOD thing.

Either way the more difficult the content is the higher the chance of it getting titanforged to a high level. So raiders will still be decked out in the best gear, only difference is a world quester might have equal gear.
    It absolutely is not. Raiders earned their best gear. There is nothing you will do in the open world even close to raiding's level of difficulty and as such you don't deserve similar gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    This.

Days of the snowflake are over and good riddance.
    Days of the resentful rere's needs to be over if anything. They need to be told "can't cut it? find a new game" and we can say good riddance. The resentful rere's were jealous and made up the "special snowflake" and you clearly show where you stand by saying snowflake.

The chances of a non raider reaching the same ilvl as a mythic raider are astronomically low. That guy who got an 895 had good RNG and that's all. When I do WQ, most of the time my gear doesn't even upgrade at all. This isn't a big deal. Raiding is still the best way to gain higher ilvl.

Last, the common dumbass "their time spent is just as valuable as yours is" argument is some real commie bullshit. Apply it to real life and see how well it holds up.
    lmao this is 2 tru

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    each progress boss down a sweat, sweat victory.
    damn. You must have lost a lot of water going through TBC like that.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2016-09-26 at 01:17 AM.

What's the problem? Degrading purples? Aren't you a bit late on that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They neither need nor deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

It absolutely is not. Raiders earned their best gear. There is nothing you will do in the open world even close to raiding's level of difficulty and as such you don't deserve similar gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Days of the resentful rere's needs to be over if anything. They need to be told "can't cut it? find a new game" and we can say good riddance. The resentful rere's were jealous and made up the "special snowflake" and you clearly show where you stand by saying snowflake.
    This made me laugh. Its like becoming a communist because you are jealous of a person who won the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The chances of a non raider reaching the same ilvl as a mythic raider are astronomically low. That guy who got an 895 had good RNG and that's all. When I do WQ, most of the time my gear doesn't even upgrade at all. This isn't a big deal. Raiding is still the best way to gain higher ilvl.

lmao this is 2 tru

damn. You must have lost a lot of water going through TBC like that.
    And this is why I shouldn't browse and post on mmo while on the verge of falling asleep xD

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except those people who made 25+ a hour spent about 4+ years of their life making no money, spending tons of money ,and working insanely hard to get the knowlege and skill they have

a mechanic who can fix your car in 5 minutes, getting paid the exact same amount as one who takes 5 hours, where is the fairness in that?
    erm. you do realize that, you TOO can also do that SAME world quest as every other guy right? you HAVE the SAME OPPORTUNITY. Just like that guy can CHOOSE to raid or not.

I don't really care about how long you studied to fix my car. I only care how efficient can you fix it. If in 5 mins, WHY WOULD I WANT TO TAKE 5 HOURS?

Unless you tell me, during those 5 hours of waiting, i will get lap dances by hot girls. Then yes, i will wait 10 HOURS! For the EXPERIENCE.

You get it? You raid NOT JUST for the gear, but actually for the EXPERIENCE! and the inner sense of accomplishment!

Deleted
    I do most WQs every day and i have yet to see something above ilvl 840 from a WQ.
    It's RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I do most WQs every day and i have yet to see something above ilvl 840 from a WQ.
    It's RNG.
    Same here. Nothing over 840.

Who cares, the chance of getting 1 895 from a WQ is probably as low as the chance of getting multiple legendary in the first week... OH WAIT !