Emerald Nightmare Trinkets

Most of them seem pretty trash?

Wriggling Sinew is good.

Got a 875 Twisting Wind and as far as I can tell its not even half as good as my 835 Shock Baton.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxzas View Post
    Most of them seem pretty trash?

Wriggling Sinew is good.

Got a 875 Twisting Wind and as far as I can tell its not even half as good as my 835 Shock Baton.
    Hold onto it. I don't see how Blizzard can let a world quest item that's 835 beat out so many raid trinkets for this long. They nerfed twisting wind, and I feel like shock baton has a nerf inc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    Hold onto it. I don't see how Blizzard can let a world quest item that's 835 beat out so many raid trinkets for this long. They nerfed twisting wind, and I feel like shock baton has a nerf inc.
    it has more to do with the trinkets in EN are generally crap mechanically, there is very little reason to switch trinkets if you have a high ilvl baton.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    While I'd also advise holding on, I doubt it will be this way around. Baton isn't OP - it's just that many of the raid trinkets are not very good for various reasons. They compare fairly poorly against a number of non-raid trinkets, not just the Baton. Right now, Twisting Wind is hardly worth the Chaos Crystal; that is probably an issue that will be addressed. While it was reportedly SUPER good before the nerf, I expect it to be buffed again to somewhere in between - and likely above something like Baton.

Then again, perhaps it's not that bad that a high proc WQ reward can compete. They did want some gearing alternatives. On the other hand it's very random... No idea what Blizz's mentality is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Then again, perhaps it's not that bad that a high proc WQ reward can compete. They did want some gearing alternatives. On the other hand it's very random... No idea what Blizz's mentality is.
    you'd think that raiding gear would be better than world quest gear but in this case, it certainly isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you'd think that raiding gear would be better than world quest gear but in this case, it certainly isnt.
    Well, it MOSTLY is. And it MOSTLY should be. The question is, is it such a bad thing if a really high upgrade on WQ gear is better than raid gear? I can certainly see arguments for and against, and find it difficult to decide...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it MOSTLY is. And it MOSTLY should be. The question is, is it such a bad thing if a really high upgrade on WQ gear is better than raid gear? I can certainly see arguments for and against, and find it difficult to decide...
    the case here is that these trinkets dont need to be really high upgrades to be better than some of these trinkets. the procs are just that much better

Yeah devilsaur shock baton is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Yeah devilsaur shock baton is stupid.
    more like raid trinkets are stupid for being so terrible. and not even comparatively. just terrible in general.

Hopefully we'll see a buff to them during Tuesday's hotfixes

While I'd also advise holding on, I doubt it will be this way around. Baton isn't OP - it's just that many of the raid trinkets are not very good for various reasons. They compare fairly poorly against a number of non-raid trinkets, not just the Baton. Right now, Twisting Wind is hardly worth the Chaos Crystal; that is probably an issue that will be addressed. While it was reportedly SUPER good before the nerf, I expect it to be buffed again to somewhere in between - and likely above something like Baton.

They gutted twisting wind so they're either going to buff it after nerfing it, or they're going to nerf baton to bring it more in line with other trinkets.

How good is Baton? I only have a basic 830 one. Is it worth it to equip it instead of 835 int/crit stat trinket or 855 Beehive?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    How good is Baton? I only have a basic 830 one. Is it worth it to equip it instead of 835 int/crit stat trinket or 855 Beehive?
    Better than the stat one for sure, probably not better than Beehive but might be still. Sim to be sure (though trinket sims can be a bit weird at times so beware).

I got a Bough of Corruption (850) last night, and it does less DPS than my Mark of the Satyr enchant. I really don't want to have to put back on an 830 Devilsaur with a socket, but that's what it's looking like. They really ought to do something about the trash tier trinkets in EN.

hello guys, today i have the batom WQ, not much luck only warforged ilvl 835, i have a 850 int/crit trinket, and 850 sinew, i should change any trinket for baton?

Quote Originally Posted by BlingtiN View Post
    hello guys, today i have the batom WQ, not much luck only warforged ilvl 835, i have a 850 int/crit trinket, and 850 sinew, i should change any trinket for baton?
    Change the int/crit one for baton. Sinew is pretty good, but Baton is much better than the flat stat one.