Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legion Elite PVP sets - pray to the RNG gods.

After doing a little research today i noticed that obtaining the Elite PVP set in Legion require a lot of luck, not also skills. From what i'm reading we need to be extremely lucky to get the elite set parts, one by one dropped from the weekly boxes. Some people might never manage to get the whole set if they are unlucky.

Think it will be better if they add an extra way of getting it via NPC selling the transmog look (like in MoP/WOD) once we reach 2000 rating and Prestige level 4.

Deleted
    The PvP gearing system is terrible, more news at 10. 805s from BGs when heroics already give 815+ and 840s from the Box/rarely towers when normal Mythic gives 840-860 is a joke. I'll be interested to see the increase in item level with rating but I doubt it'll be good enough to be equal to Mythic+ much less raids at this point. They effectively threw the PvP community under the bus both by making it completely RNG aswell as limiting the ammount of gear you can get aswell as tying it to rank and seemingly making the item level pretty damn low anyway.

Man RNG elite gear for transmog like did they just forget about elite gear until the last second and throw it in?
    Hi Sephurik

Gear in general sucks in Legion
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend got a piece of Elite gear because he won a game a 2100 MMR. Like what? The system is weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The PvP gearing system is terrible, more news at 10. 805s from BGs when heroics already give 815+ and 840s from the Box/rarely towers when normal Mythic gives 840-860 is a joke. I'll be interested to see the increase in item level with rating but I doubt it'll be good enough to be equal to Mythic+ much less raids at this point. They effectively threw the PvP community under the bus both by making it completely RNG aswell as limiting the ammount of gear you can get aswell as tying it to rank and seemingly making the item level pretty damn low anyway.
    They seem to be doing this a lot recently...tanks just got majorly screwed...do they change the pvp talents that give tanks large dps boosts? No...they flat out nerf their damage abilities...then nerf damage upright by 15% and as a extra little F-U there say *Here, take 25% extra damage, just because!*.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Gear in general sucks in Legion
    Ì have to agree... I am forced to raid realy..

So correct me if i am wrong, now you need RNG luck to get elite gear not 2.2-2.4k cr in Rated...like wtf? Why even bother calling it Elite gear if you can get it from Random BGs with any type of rating in rated even in 0CR.

[prayer hand emoji]

Deleted
    Everyhing about pvp is depended on pve, gear, artifact power, and pvp QWs are pure pve. They stated in pvp getting same gear will be difficult and I keep getting same gear from pvp all the time. First win from from 2s and 3s both rewarded rings and cant use them both cause unique. While my friend got 2 blood relics, from rbg I got the same dps trinket that I already had. This doesnt feel fun. When will Blizzard stop pushing their definition of fun on us and start listening us players? It feels like they want pvp to be a side game, something you would do while not raiding.

They should bring back old gearing system and if they think new system is so "fun" then atleast give a mix of both systems. Make it so that players can earn upto 1000/ 1500 conquest per week that way when rng fucks us over we can buy a few pieces of gear from vendor. Have a bit of control over our gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    So correct me if i am wrong, now you need RNG luck to get elite gear not 2.2-2.4k cr in Rated...like wtf? Why even bother calling it Elite gear if you can get it from Random BGs with any type of rating in rated even in 0CR.
    Getting it without rating was a bug that is already fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Getting it without rating was a bug that is already fixed
    That was the higher ilvl gear, but i meant the cosmetic gear. Few ppl posted they got 805ilvl pvp gear that had "elite" in their names + matches the skins of the elite sets.

You need (i guess) above 2k rate, after that you receive a box every week that contain an epic elite item (870+). That item is based on your rating and its RNG, you can 10 chests in a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, we do not want a repeat of the ashran gearing system.

PvP should not reward gear at all, you're lucky it gives anything at all. People should pvp because..get this, THEY WANT TO PVP.

Putting insane rewards into PvP just causes it to become nothing but botters/afkers. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    PvP should not reward gear at all, you're lucky it gives anything at all. People should pvp because..get this, THEY WANT TO PVP.
    Interesting. So you also think people should PVE because they want to PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    You need (i guess) above 2k rate, after that you receive a box every week that contain an epic elite item (870+). That item is based on your rating and its RNG, you can 10 chests in a roll.
    Thanks =), but there was no official post which CR gives you which ilvl, id love if we had an official post on that.

As of my post, i must apologize i think i wrote some what misleading, i was talking purely about cosmetic set (the recolor of Mythic Tier 19), do those drop cosmetic pieces drop from regular BGs? since i saw few posts where ppl commented where they got 805ilvl gear that was a cosmetic elite pvp set for xmog, was intended that people can get cosmetic elite pvp set from random BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Elite gear should be at a certain rating/prestige level per season.

Every time we tell Blizzard 'rng sucks' they just add more and more.

should be 2k rating and prestige 4 level 50

Thanks =), but there was no official post which CR gives you which ilvl, id love if we had an official post on that.

As of my post, i must apologize i think i wrote some what misleading, i was talking purely about cosmetic set (the recolor of Mythic Tier 19), do those drop cosmetic pieces drop from regular BGs? since i saw few posts where ppl commented where they got 805ilvl gear that was a cosmetic elite pvp set for xmog, was intended that people can get cosmetic elite pvp set from random BGs?
    Agree, for now noone knows what is the required rating, i guessed its 2k but it might be 2.5k or 3k.

As a collector myself i do hope Blizz take a look at this "issue" and make some changes with Patch 7.1 because i really like how the Elite set looks and it will be sad if i never manage to get it thanks to the bad RNG.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salovia View Post
    Interesting. So you also think people should PVE because they want to PVE?
    I belive that in pve content you get better gear in order to do a more dificult pve contente. In pvp this dosent happen, there is no need to have better gear because the pvp, by itself, wont get harder, you will of course face more skilled people but they should have the same stats than you, depending on class and specialization ofc.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain