Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    SK buffed, LR specced, chain lightnings procing static overload will be extremely jacked, (if it procs), helping our cleave out quite a bit which is nice. If the procs come in our favor for a couple of those casts, they will do some insane damage, granted it is only for those 3 buffed casts, the buffs to CL will at least make it a bit better w/o SK.

Question, are these hotfixes Live?

nvm read the first part.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2016-09-24 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Question, are these hotfixes Live?
    No, not yet.

So, for actual modification of gameplay we have to wait 7.1 ? The damage buff is great but the Stormkeeper still on GCD bores me.

Quote Originally Posted by wacked2015 View Post
    Elemental

Mastery effects increased by 12.5%.
    Chain Lightning Maelstrom generation increased to 6.
    Lightning Bolt (Elemental) damage increased by 23%.
    Chain Lightning (Elemental) damage increased by 23%.
    Lava Burst damage increased by 5%.
    Storm Elemental (Talent)’s Call Lightning and Wind Gust damage increased by 20%.

On the front page I see basically every class getting buffs. So it doesn't do anything in terms of the relative dps ranking.

so an 8% dps increase? ugh i hate to be a fotm player, but i was hoping for more of a dps increase than that. if doing world quest still feels like i tickle mobs, i might just have to level something new, but i have no clue wtf i want to level because the only other mail class is hunter -_- which i dont want to play.

This buffs are nothing.

There's a reason blizz doesn't just buff classes every time someone complains. These buffs are actually decent considering where we lack the most, which is sustained dps. I by no means feel like ele is perfect. Like others have said, stormkeeper really needs to be off the gcd and it would be nice if the buff lasted longer to account for procs and ES dumps. We also could use some more mobility and certainly some buffs to different talents. Our sustained #s could probably have gotten double that buff but i feel like we would've taken a nerf to our burst as a trade.

All that in mind, ele really is strong for burst phases and just got a buff on top of it. An extra 5% to lava burst and extra mastery buff will make us even stronger for fights like Ursoc, Xavius, and Il'gynoth. Sure, our #s may not look great on the meters on those fights, but when you get to the burn phases we will excel.

I trully consider to quit or reroll to other class and I here is why: Elemental is currently balanced around 860-870 group killing Heroic content or 880-885 group killing Mythic content. You may ask why so? Because when the fights will get shorter the burst window will have much bigger influence on overall damage. However, progress raiding is different beast... Thats where you will see close to zero Elemental Shamans because they cannot keep up with other classes in long fights.

So yeah, I kinda understand Blizzard logic, there are way more people who will be progressing through raiding content while already having most of the items through mythic+ and caches.

I can safely say that I made mistake picking Elemental, I knew its underperforming but I expected that there will be decent fixes like before.

Deleted
    I had an Ele shaman in my Mythic group doing 400k+ dps on trash and around 250k on bosses, estimated him around 845-850ilvl, no flask/food buffs. I went to see here because everyone had been shitting on Ele performance, and I saw the hotfixes and thought "Oh this is why", but they've not been applied yet?? I'm a 847 Enhancement Shaman and he was toe-to-toe with me on dps most of the dungeon.

Where exactly does Ele fall off if they can already pull these kinds of numbers? This was Black Rook Hold Mythic.

The chain lightning change is pretty big. The numbers may be ok in theory.

Any fight with movement still absolutely destroys Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinzen View Post
    I had an Ele shaman in my Mythic group doing 400k+ dps on trash and around 250k on bosses, estimated him around 845-850ilvl, no flask/food buffs. I went to see here because everyone had been shitting on Ele performance, and I saw the hotfixes and thought "Oh this is why", but they've not been applied yet?? I'm a 847 Enhancement Shaman and he was toe-to-toe with me on dps most of the dungeon.

Where exactly does Ele fall off if they can already pull these kinds of numbers? This was Black Rook Hold Mythic.
    it's no problem to have 300k dps on dungeon bosses, because those fight are over after 60-90 seconds. But as soon as your primal fire elemenal is gone, dps drops.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    it's no problem to have 300k dps on dungeon bosses, because those fight are over after 60-90 seconds. But as soon as your primal fire elemenal is gone, dps drops.
    Fire Elemental is providing ~ 100k DPS. That's insane because when it's off your DPS drop by 20-30% overall.

After buff, ele shaman lose strong point(flexible useful talents). I think Blizzard should do buff all damege of ele.
    It's just LR buff. After buff, Most of all ele use LR, some encounter use AS, Stupid ele use Magma totem.

I think Blizzard have to do ele's buff(after buff)

Maelstrom spend skill(EQ, ES) buff - 50%(Make Ele's total damege + 5%.)
    Magma totem - +15%buff
    Elemental fusion - increased 10% lava surge(total 20%)
    Rewark mastery(perhaps after 7.1 or Next expansion Pack) - (Shoke skill damage up. Now mastery have many problems.)

Ele's problem is don't have signature damage.
    LB, ES, LB with Stormkeeper have almost same damage. so they don't feel specificity when using skill.

Deleted
    how would elemental fare in 5mythic+ now with the buffs? trash dps should be up by like 40% right? still doesnt seem that great I see warriors burst like 1mil on trash.

Though napkin math I think ele can sustain maybe 600-700k post buff on 5 targets @ 850?

Lmao lets buff Ele and then buff every other class that was above them before the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Lmao lets buff Ele and then buff every other class that was above them before the buffs.
    Will see how it shakes out when ppl have full artifact weapons. Also every other class was getting 10-15% dmg buffs on abilites while we get 23%. Does anyone know how much this will affect our dmg?

it worries me because i dont know much about other classes, but we got damage buff to our wet noodle bots. im wary that maybe the other classes buff actually mean more because those abilities dont hit like complete shit like our lightning bolt does :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Will see how it shakes out when ppl have full artifact weapons. Also every other class was getting 10-15% dmg buffs on abilites while we get 23%. Does anyone know how much this will affect our dmg?
    We got 23% to a very low-hitting damage ability. Overall, the buff is ~5% for ascendance, and ~8% for LR build, according to new sims. Our buff is about the same size as other classes with similar "large" buffs.

I expect that we'll be pretty well-off in mythic+ dungeons, but will still be undesirable for raiding. I'm hoping blizzard will take another look at tuning after this second reset, and may give us some increases to our finishers as well.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2016-09-26 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    how would elemental fare in 5mythic+ now with the buffs? trash dps should be up by like 40% right? still doesnt seem that great I see warriors burst like 1mil on trash.

Though napkin math I think ele can sustain maybe 600-700k post buff on 5 targets @ 850?
    I dont know what warriors you have been looking at. If I pop BC, Avatar, warbreaker and blade storm I can maybe burst 650K at 850ilvl, and thats on a 1.5minute cooldown so not viable every pack, I havent seen fury get that high either. Ive only seen monks and DH get close to 1mill.