Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Well in my opinion it should get to 100% considering the fact that they are going to balance things with the assumption that people have legendaries later on.
    They may, one day, award everyone without a legendary. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    As I understand it, bad-luck protection merely increases the chance that something drops. It's still random. There is no guarantee, and, as far as I've been able to discern from Blizzard is that it's never a 100% chance. Ever. It's possible, even at 99.999999999999 to still not get a legendary.
    Well yes... but I think the point of this thread is talking about the bug that caused people who already got a legendary to have a higher chance to get another one. That was legit a thing that they said that they fixed but I've seen multiple accounts thus far that state it might not be as fixed as they hoped. It could just be RNG at this point but so many people called us out saying that it was clearly just people who got super lucky when it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    like you said as you understand it but you dont because blizz is not gonna tell you the real reason so you have zero clue except for a snipit of something they told you that may or may not be true.
    There is really no point to debating this with you if you're going to drop into the murky realm of "Well, they might be lying! We don't know!". Unless you have credible evidence, I have nothing left to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Well yes... but I think the point of this thread is talking about the bug that caused people who already got a legendary to have a higher chance to get another one. That was legit a thing that they said that they fixed but I've seen multiple accounts thus far that state it might not be as fixed as they hoped. It could just be RNG at this point but so many people called us out saying that it was clearly just people who got super lucky when it wasn't.
    I'm willing to be that it's just really good luck. Like I said before, it's a human need to find patterns where none exist.

I honestly don't believe that legendaries are working properly. I haven't gotten one yet I'm seeing people with two already getting another, or people with one already getting a second.

When my friends freshly dinged 110 not even 24 hours into being 110 and only had done THREE dungeons total gets a legendary, something really fishy is going on.

Gotta love the people who can't accept what they are told so resort to tinfoil hat theories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I honestly don't believe that legendaries are working properly. I haven't gotten one yet I'm seeing people with two already getting another, or people with one already getting a second.

When my friends freshly dinged 110 not even 24 hours into being 110 and only had done THREE dungeons total gets a legendary, something really fishy is going on.
    Yeah it's called they got two/three and you didn't. Suck it up and get over it. I haven't had one yet either and I've seen people have some when they dinged 110 as well. It's RNG plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post

I got Al'ar on my first kill of Kael'thas. I still don't have Headless Horseman after 850+ kills. Something really fishy is going on here...

like you said as you understand it but you dont because blizz is not gonna tell you the real reason so you have zero clue except for a snipit of something they told you that may or may not be true.
    Any reason to suggest why they would lie to us or provide any evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, someone else who doesn't understand RNG but pretends to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's nothing to make anyone think they aren't telling the truth. Unless you have some CREDIBLE evidence to refute them, I'm just going to say you are butthurt.
    lmao me butthurt i didnt make the thread im just laughing at everyone who believes everything that blizzard tells them. I could care less i have zero legendarys. Blizzard was not even aware of a bug in the code that was increasing ppls chances to get another legendary instead of decreasing it. How is it random if the code gave you a better chance to get more legendarys?

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I got Al'ar on my first kill of Kael'thas. I still don't have Headless Horseman after 850+ kills. Something really fishy is going on here...
    Would have been a nice pun had you used aquatic mounts

Deleted
    There is bad-luck protection in the game
    I belive that as much as the RNG bullshit from Blizzard seeing its STILL easier for people who allready have ONE legendary to get another one
    comapred to people who have zero.

I don't know if it's still broken or not. I just know it's one of the most poorly implemented features I've ever seen in WoW since vanilla. The system is just so insanely vague and frustrating. I seriously cannot fathom that they thought having these virtually game breaking items be rewarded exclusively as low rng drops from a wide varierty of menial grindy shit content, with no way of tracking your progress.

Anyone with half a brain should have been able to foresee the shitfest that system would lead to.

lmao me butthurt i didnt make the thread im just laughing at everyone who believes everything that blizzard tells them. I could care less i have zero legendarys. Blizzard was not even aware of a bug in the code that was increasing ppls chances to get another legendary instead of decreasing it. How is it random if the code gave you a better chance to get more legendarys?
    Well I'd rather believe what they post than some randomer on the internet spouting "HURR DURR BLIZZ IS LYING" but does not provide any credible evidence to why they might be.

People bitch when Ledendaries come from RNG
    People bitch when Legendaries come from a series of quests
    People bitch even more when Legendaries come from RNG again.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

I put forward my real hard cold evidence that I have a legendary and have not received another since the fix.

Or is a single data point only hard cold evidence when it supports the conspiracy?
    I'm not saying that they definitely didn't fix it, just that your evidence is weak currently. Give me a more statistically significant number of cases.

"You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is. It's far easier to make things random with a chance than it is to find a way to ensure x-number-of-people get it.
    Either you're being purposefully obtuse or you don't know about the bug from before that pretty much amplified the drop chance for people who ALREADY had a legendary when it wasn't meant to do so. People were going "AMG it's just RNG shut up" like you are doing now. Lo and behold Blizzard admits there was a bug in play. You guys implies these deniers claiming RNG when data suggested otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I put forward my real hard cold evidence that I have a legendary and have not received another since the fix.

Or is a single data point only hard cold evidence when it supports the conspiracy?
    I'm not saying that they definitely didn't fix it, just that your evidence is weak currently. Give me a more statistically significant number of cases.
    I have no legendaries at all. I think they are blocking my account from receiving legendaries.

Bad luck protection and randomness go hand-in-hand. You're not guaranteed a legendary, ever, even with bad luck protection.
    Well, that depends on how the bad luck protection is implemented. In Hearthstone, for instance, you are guaranteed a legendary card after opening 40 packs of the same type without getting one.

You could certainly imagine a system whereby you were guaranteed to get a legendary after e.g. opening x number of emissary chests without one.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Either you're being purposefully obtuse or you don't know about the bug from before that pretty much amplified the drop chance for people who ALREADY had a legendary when it wasn't meant to do so. People were going "AMG it's just RNG shut up" like you are doing now. Lo and behold Blizzard admits there was a bug in play. You guys implies these deniers claiming RNG when data suggested otherwise.
    A bug that has since been fixed. Also increasing the chance still relies on RNG. You could have a 99% chance on something and statistically but not very often that 1% can kick and fuck you over.

This is not random

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur.