Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not fixed and the system is complete fucking trash to begin with. WoD team gonna WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    "You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is. It's far easier to make things random with a chance than it is to find a way to ensure x-number-of-people get it.

They said it was random before and it wasn't. Who's to say it's random now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    This is not random

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur.
    Well considering it still relied on chance even after getting the first it kind of is. Was just a more frequent chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not random

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur.
    You really don't know what that word means, do you? "Increased" does not mean "Guaranteed". It was still random. One of my guildies was/is pretty damn salty that they didn't get a second legendary during the bug.

Deleted
    In my guild most people don't have one. Out of the few people that do, one player has two, and one player has three legendary items. I refuse to believe the system is random, but frankly I don't even care. The system is trash, no matter what it is. Hugely impactful items are given completely arbitrarily to random players, distorting the competition between players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fix was for people who already had a legendary having too high of a chance for a second. It wasn't a buff to the drop rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Was hoping for quite a bit more evidence as real, "hardcold" proof than just I know a guy who got another legendary and I didn't. That's not exactly evidence of anything other than you know a guy who got lucky. That's RNG. I got 2 hierloom trinkets in the same dungeon run at the end of wod. That just means I had a lucky run, not that it's proof of some broken drop algorithm.

Cant really post logs on all our runs. This is just not some guy who knows a guy, here we have some numbers atleast and know exactly how the flow was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    A bug that has since been fixed. Also increasing the chance still relies on RNG. You could have a 99% chance on something and statistically but not very often that 1% can kick and fuck you over.
    Thats not random when the game is rigged. They said they fixed it but they didnt even know about it to begin with. What else dont they know about.

Deleted
    I don't think the problem here is that people do not understand rng. I think the problem is that people who did every cache since launch, spam dungeons and so on don't have one, while others do a dungeon and 4 world quests and get two. I realise this is how rng works. It's just not a very good system to be honest.

Rng works in moderation.

Thats not random when the game is rigged. They said they fixed it but they didnt even know about it to begin with. What else dont they know about.
    Well considering some bugs aren't identifiable straight away they might have missed it.

Deleted
    it's obviously still bugged, our resto druid got his 4th legendary yesterday, and generally speaking it's still dropping way more often for people who already have one than those who don't, despite being outnumbered at large. you only have to ask around to check the amount of legendaries around on each character in plenty of guilds, it's nowhere near within an acceptable margin for it to be accountable to RNG

but fanboys gotta fanboys

Just got my first, too bad its the least useful one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    the craziest shit happend today, one member got 2 legendaries in one mythic + run, and one member later got 1 from a mythic + dungeon and 30 min later he got another one LUL

Anyone know if legendary follower equipment counts as a obtaining a legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Anyone know if legendary follower equipment counts as a obtaining a legendary?
    Doubt it. Completely different systems. GZ on the legendary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Either you're being purposefully obtuse or you don't know about the bug from before that pretty much amplified the drop chance for people who ALREADY had a legendary when it wasn't meant to do so. People were going "AMG it's just RNG shut up" like you are doing now. Lo and behold Blizzard admits there was a bug in play. You guys implies these deniers claiming RNG when data suggested otherwise.
    I never said there was no bug. There was a fix released to correct it. Even with the bug, it was still random, just that people with a legendary had a chance that was much higher than it was supposed to be to get a second one.

That seems to be case. They didn't code it right to start with. They don't know what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    ...I do not envy him, hes a guildie and its superfun for him, it will really be beneficial for our raid that he got 3 to switch around with.

Its not fun to fight a broken system tho.
    Why do people lie like this. You are super envious. So envious that you had to make a QQ thread about it. You hate your guildie don't you.

Admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    They said it was random before and it wasn't. Who's to say it's random now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    That seems to be case. They didn't code it right to start with. They don't know what to do now.
    This is just getting ridiculous.

It's random. It has always, always been random. You have a fixed chance of getting x item from x activity. Look at it like this:

If you have a 10% chance of getting an item, a number is rolled between 1 and 10, and if that number matches the ONE number out of 1 - 10, you get the item. It is possible to never get an item. Ever. It is possible to be lucky and get the item multiple times over.

The way that bad-luck protection systems work is that the chance increases. Say, 10% to 20%. Now all you have to do is match two of the numbers with yours (still 1 - 10). You have a higher chance of getting an item. Again, this is not a guarantee. It's still random. You could still never get an item or you could get multiples.

The bug was that people with a legendary had a higher chance of getting another when they weren't supposed to. That had nothing to do with random number generation or how randomizing works, it just had to do with the chance. That's it. That's the bug that they fixed.

People bitching and moaning about not having one while so-and-so got 3, get over it. I don't have one. I don't complain about it or think Blizzard is lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does anyone expect to get legendaries?
    No one should expect it. It is designed to be lottery loot, and I sure as crap don't expect to win the lottery. Just farm titan forged procs like the rest of us. I guarantee you got some of those in all those runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

It's not fixed, still see loads of people getting their 2nd/3rd while others not getting 1st. Mate of mine got his 1st on Wednesday, 2nd on thursday, multiple examples in the guild too with our Hunter getting his 3rd on wednesday from first boss in ED. People gonna really pull this "RNG" bullshit again until it's proven otherwise again?

If you see a pattern this obvious then it's probably not just chance.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4