Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Heroic EN ready but guild isn't ?

Hello, I am a 851 resto shaman and wondering if anyone is in a similar situation has myself.

My guild is awesome, really great people but are currently 5/7 in normal EN.

I would be interested to know if anyone is in a similar situation where they outgear the content but their guild is still not ready for heroics.

Would anyone be interested in forming a heroic weekend group maybe on Sundays for 4-5 hours.

Flasks, food, fully gemmed, enchanted , over 850 and using a discord channel vs trying to pug on LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

No one ?
    Last edited by nomorepriest; 2016-09-25 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    Roughly same for me. We raid as 30 people and we have about 10 that are holding us back heavily. This week we had a DD DH that did 90K dps on a fight.

I simply can't tell them they are bad players. I feel so bad for them

I think you will have better luck forming or joining a pug using the finder tool in game.
    Pugged 6/7 hc myself, it was great!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup I'm trying to avoid this headache myself. People have been given ample time to gear/enchant and yet going through armories checking people who are supposed to be "raid" ready I see people 815 ilvl.. Weapon low level. Yet I see these people on day and night makes me wonder wtf they have been doing for weeks.

Best part is these people are expecting to show up and raid aka be carried. Heck even my shitty alt I made a week ago is 834 just by doing WQ. I already stated I'll go ahead and pug/sit if people show up like that. I don't care I'll be that dick. No excuse to want to raid heroic and show up that under-geared.

Deleted
    Same thing in my raid. We have some members who barely are pulling their weight. It is okay for normal though, we can manage to carry them through it, just doing the mechanics properly almost guarantees you downing all the bosses. OTH, heroic is a different ballgame. Can't keep over 200 k dps and also pay attention to the mechanics, which hit a lot harder? Off you go .

7+ Year Old Account
    my situation is about the same, we have quite a few holding us back, and the worst part is our last raid day is on monday night... so i cant just at the end of the raid week pug heroic cause well... its allready allmost midnight when we end...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yeah I will probably have to pug heroics this week.. But we shall see

I had a similar situation, until I left.

They were a "chill friendly drama free guild". It was like that for the year I was in there, and I suspect it will continue to be like that, not going to dog on them.

I joined my friend on the same server and downed 7/7 Normal(1 shot everything, 3 shot xavius) 1/7 Heroic with significant progress on Ursoc and the Eye boss.
    The next night is my former guilds raid night. we get in, 1 shot 1st boss and then it derails on Ursoc. We wipe at least 5 times. 5 times on NORMAL URSOC. I have already pugged (apart from my friends guild) Normal Ursoc and 1 shot that boss. And then when I try to give the guild some constructive critisim on where to position him, what to do, where to run etc etc. I am met with being completely ignored, wiping another 3 times. Because y'know, fuck the guy who has already done this boss, who decided to come tonight even though I am already saved to the whole instance and help his guild down him. So I drop raid and ask the GM of my friends guild if I have spot, he said yes you have a spot, and I gquit right there and join my friends guild.

It also didn't help that the raid leader didn't watch ANY strats and neither did 90% of the people who came to raid, oh which by the way was any 110 that was on. The GM/RL literally invites ANY 110 to the raid regardless of ilvl/knowledge/class/spec etc etc.

When I quit the guild I was pmed by someone in the guild all pissed off as to why I left. So I told her, and was met by her PMSing at me. So I called her out, barely pulling 100k as a fire mage, calling her out on why she doesn't clear trash and just waits for the guild to kill it and then moves up an afks like 50yards behind us until we move on, and continues to do it.

Don't get me wrong, alot of people in that guild were some awesome people and very friendly, but this is my time you are wasting now. I don't like it when my time is wasted, and especially to easy stuff like that.

From personal experience, I'm going to suggest that for your main raiding character you join a guild that is on par with your skill level. If you want to raid with friends on your offtime with your main (you are only loot locked, not raid locked unless you do mythic), or an alt, that's an option too.

You'll get too bored doing content you outclass, and will get extremely frustrated with your group when they aren't able to do mechanics or the DPS.
    Last edited by Freyja Lawson; 2016-09-26 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verelina View Post
    From personal experience, I'm going to suggest that for your main raiding character you join a guild that is on par with your skill level. If you want to raid with friends on offtime with your main (you are only loot locked, not raid locked unless you do mythic), or an alt, that's an option too.
    If I raided three days a week in a 'proper' guild and then raided another one or two nights a week with my friend's nooby guild, suddenly I'm never NOT raiding. Idk about you but I'm too much of a filthy casual to raid 5 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    If I raided three days a week in a 'proper' guild and then raided another one or two nights a week with my friend's nooby guild, suddenly I'm never NOT raiding. Idk about you but I'm too much of a filthy casual to raid 5 days a week.
    You don't have to raid with your friends on a set schedule.

I'm in a similar boat -- that is, I don't want to be putting in more than 9ish hours a week into raiding anymore on a schedule, outside of the first week of a tier. Then, yeah, I wanna go all in.

For the times that I do feel like raiding extra, I can join a friend's group, or make a pug with friends though!

If a guild isn't dedicated to forming an actual raid team, they won't be raiding. Power to them, but you need a basic level of coordination and like minded effort to accomplish anything, regardless of ilvl. Again, nothing wrong with the people who do so, but even normal will be strained by having people that are simply along for the ride when the rest are at best, entry level heroic raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

ditto 846 prot pally.. and yeah this week proves i can't keep hoping my guild forms anew.. time to look for a new one /sigh.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post

They were a "chill friendly drama free guild". It was like that for the year I was in there, and I suspect it will continue to be like that, not going to dog on them.

I joined my friend on the same server and downed 7/7 Normal(1 shot everything, 3 shot xavius) 1/7 Heroic with significant progress on Ursoc and the Eye boss.
    The next night is my former guilds raid night. we get in, 1 shot 1st boss and then it derails on Ursoc. We wipe at least 5 times. 5 times on NORMAL URSOC. I have already pugged (apart from my friends guild) Normal Ursoc and 1 shot that boss. And then when I try to give the guild some constructive critisim on where to position him, what to do, where to run etc etc. I am met with being completely ignored, wiping another 3 times. Because y'know, fuck the guy who has already done this boss, who decided to come tonight even though I am already saved to the whole instance and help his guild down him. So I drop raid and ask the GM of my friends guild if I have spot, he said yes you have a spot, and I gquit right there and join my friends guild.

It also didn't help that the raid leader didn't watch ANY strats and neither did 90% of the people who came to raid, oh which by the way was any 110 that was on. The GM/RL literally invites ANY 110 to the raid regardless of ilvl/knowledge/class/spec etc etc.

When I quit the guild I was pmed by someone in the guild all pissed off as to why I left. So I told her, and was met by her PMSing at me. So I called her out, barely pulling 100k as a fire mage, calling her out on why she doesn't clear trash and just waits for the guild to kill it and then moves up an afks like 50yards behind us until we move on, and continues to do it.

Don't get me wrong, alot of people in that guild were some awesome people and very friendly, but this is my time you are wasting now. I don't like it when my time is wasted, and especially to easy stuff like that.
    You're doing normal mode in a guild that's more than happy to get on like that. You can leave that without being a prick.

I mean, joining an "easy going drama free" guild and expecting results is a bit silly. Holding people accountable for their performances in general spells drama.

My own guild got 7/7N + 2/7H down in our tiny schedule (8 hours a week) so i'm quite happy. Not everyone's doing as well as i would like on parses but i joined knowing ahead these guys are adults with busy lives who can't dedicate as much time to the game as they did during high school or college, similar to my own situation, so i'm fine with it.

Just do the same and nail down what you actual want out of a guild and join one that fits it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post

You joined the wrong guild.

Any issues you had were your fault for not making sure what you were signing up for in the first place.

---------

To OP - its so easy to pug now that unless you are in a guild which offers something different like the guild you were in where none of the people give a shit and are happy with that (or you want mythic) and you just want to progress, your best bet is to just pug stuff until you find a reliable pug leader and befriend him/her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Hello, I am a 851 resto shaman and wondering if anyone is in a similar situation has myself.

My guild is awesome, really great people but are currently 5/7 in normal EN.

I would be interested to know if anyone is in a similar situation where they outgear the content but their guild is still not ready for heroics.

Would anyone be interested in forming a heroic weekend group maybe on Sundays for 4-5 hours.

Flasks, food, fully gemmed, enchanted , over 850 and using a discord channel vs trying to pug on LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

No one ?
    Sounds like you are going to continually be ahead of your current guild's raiding team. You probably should be looking for another guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can totally get behind the sentiment in this thread, people in my guild can't even do basic stuff like bring consumables to raid, don't even physically have the DPS to kill HC Ursoc/Il'gynoth even if we farmed the other 3 bosses all patch.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

This happens a lot as the first tier unfolds and starts to get rolling. People that can play more or get lucky with drops will be ahead and eventually be ready for higher content than others. Being a resto shaman for example means your in any group you want, instant ques, and so many more grinding options. Not to say it went down like that but the door was open.

When it comes with these things it's best to review your history a bit. If traditionally this pack of guild mates is where you usually play than odds are that once the RNG ripples even out and the power of insta que fades away it is where you will be again. Unless you are truly committed to moving up in the progression chain but that has a lot more to do with commitment, time, willingness to transfer, and other things that go way beyond item level.

In fact the reason I take this approach with you is the fact item level was one of if not the core crutch of the feeling of not being progressed enough in the first week of raiding. Specifically as a healer that had all the advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    You're doing normal mode in a guild that's more than happy to get on like that. You can leave that without being a prick.
    when they advertise as "taking progression seriously" and wiping to normal mode. get the fuck out of my face with that casual shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    You joined the wrong guild.

Any issues you had were your fault for not making sure what you were signing up for in the first place.

---------

To OP - its so easy to pug now that unless you are in a guild which offers something different like the guild you were in where none of the people give a shit and are happy with that (or you want mythic) and you just want to progress, your best bet is to just pug stuff until you find a reliable pug leader and befriend him/her.
    No, sorry, you're wrong and I am sorry that you are wrong.

When they advertise as "taking progression seriously" and still don't show up flasked (not pots, cause lol those prices) and food buff, and not researching the fights, not knowing how to play their class they need to take that bullshit out of their advertisement on wowprogress. The core of the group (around 15-20 of them) are all at about the 845-850 ilvl when raids were released and still don't know what the fuck they are doing.

I play this game to get better at it, to progress at the max level content. Not sit around and fucking wipe to a stupid faceroll boss in a faceroll difficulty. (Normal is the new LFR) Get out of my face with your casual bullshit.