Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This is just getting ridiculous.

It's random. It has always, always been random. You have a fixed chance of getting x item from x activity. Look at it like this:

If you have a 10% chance of getting an item, a number is rolled between 1 and 10, and if that number matches the ONE number out of 1 - 10, you get the item. It is possible to never get an item. Ever. It is possible to be lucky and get the item multiple times over.

The way that bad-luck protection systems work is that the chance increases. Say, 10% to 20%. Now all you have to do is match two of the numbers with yours (still 1 - 10). You have a higher chance of getting an item. Again, this is not a guarantee. It's still random. You could still never get an item or you could get multiples.

The bug was that people with a legendary had a higher chance of getting another when they weren't supposed to. That had nothing to do with random number generation or how randomizing works, it just had to do with the chance. That's it. That's the bug that they fixed.

People bitching and moaning about not having one while so-and-so got 3, get over it. I don't have one. I don't complain about it or think Blizzard is lying.
    Infinity and probability doesn't really match like that.

You can't really say that someone with infinite rolls could have the probability of never rolling a 1 because never rolling a 1 implies there is a point where he would stop rolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Infinity and probability doesn't really match like that.

You can't really say that someone with infinite rolls could have the probability of never rolling a 1 because never rolling a 1 implies there is a point where he would stop rolling
    That's well outside of the bounds of the realities of World of Warcraft. It is possible that you will never get a legendary of your own, just the same as never getting certain mounts no matter how many years you've farmed the bosses.

Maybe, but one data point is far from 'hardcore evidence'

Deleted
    ITT: people who dont really actually know what the word random means

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, yes, we can be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    At least in my guild.
    pfthahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice conspiracy theory you guys have here. Perhaps they should make a Tinfoil hat legendary.

Deleted
    That's well outside of the bounds of the realities of World of Warcraft. It is possible that you will never get a legendary of your own, just the same as never getting certain mounts no matter how many years you've farmed the bosses.
    Well that depends on how the system works right. Do we have confirmation that we won't at some point reach 100% chance of legendary drop?

Anyway to me the entire system is a little bit to rng. Maybe they should have made the drops with the cool affixes be 850 and epic.

The legendary thing in itself does seem to trigger people

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's not fixed, still see loads of people getting their 2nd/3rd while others not getting 1st. Mate of mine got his 1st on Wednesday, 2nd on thursday, multiple examples in the guild too with our Hunter getting his 3rd on wednesday from first boss in ED. People gonna really pull this "RNG" bullshit again until it's proven otherwise again?

If you see a pattern this obvious then it's probably not just chance.
    Exactly.
    RNG is RNG until many many people start to win the lotto multiple times within the span of a few days, while other people haven't won it once.
    That isn't RNG. That's bull crap.

You did not get a krol blade in vanila WOW then get another 2 krol blades/fel strikers within the same week. You got extremely lucky, got one, and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    ITT: people who dont really actually know what the word random means
    Blizzard uses pseudo random number generators while they may look random it truly is not. RNG is coded into the game by code and the computer blindly reads the code and executes it which makes it completely predictable.

RNG is gonna RNG.
    However however however... you gotta admit the system is flawed, at least it looks like that right now. People should get legendaries in more linear fashion, without going too much into extremes (aka I have 5, you have 0 despite having done much more things, which could reward them than me).
    Blizzard said that there should be one legendary on each mythic raider. Who knows, maybe, when mythics start, droprate will increase.

One guy in my guild is on his 4th legendary. Most other people in guild have zero. Say what you will, but I think it's still bugged.

Bad luck protection and randomness go hand-in-hand. You're not guaranteed a legendary, ever, even with bad luck protection.
    They specifically said that you will eventually get a legendary with the bad luck prevention, those were the exact words. Meaning that its probably a daily increase up to a 100% chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Well that depends on how the system works right. Do we have confirmation that we won't at some point reach 100% chance of legendary drop?

Anyway to me the entire system is a little bit to rng. Maybe they should have made the drops with the cool affixes be 850 and epic.

The legendary thing in itself does seem to trigger people
    I don't think they've ever said 100%. Clearly the curve is very slow; I've looted hundreds of items since I hit 110 and so far, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They specifically said that you will eventually get a legendary with the bad luck prevention, those were the exact words. Meaning that its probably a daily increase up to a 100% chance.
    Did they say it was guaranteed? If it is, that's pretty neat. Just slow.

Before the fix people said it was RNG. After the fix people says it's RNG.

It's always RNG unless blizz says so unfortunally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Before the fix people said it was RNG. After the fix people says it's RNG.

It's always RNG unless blizz says so unfortunally.
    It was and still is RNG, just was/is weight heavily towards someone with one.

Blizzard has screwed up giving out proper rewards several times since the expansion went live. Good thing there was beta testing.

itt we learn that humans are bad at understanding probability

the drop chance of legendaries is extremely low; many chances at an extremely low success rate will still yield an extremely low success rate. The bug that blizzard claims they fixed (high chance of getting 2nd/3rd/etc legs) may or may not actually be fixed, but that has no impact on your chance of getting the first one. And even if it is indeed fixed, people would still be getting second and third drops. Streaks happen in random distributions and in fact are a data point that the process is indeed random; if no one was getting second or third drops that would be persuasive evidence that the drop chance was in fact not random.

There is really no point to debating this with you if you're going to drop into the murky realm of "Well, they might be lying! We don't know!". Unless you have credible evidence, I have nothing left to say.
    I'm willing to be that it's just really good luck. Like I said before, it's a human need to find patterns where none exist.
    or truth be told the bug they fixed was to stop people with 1 getting another easier, but the bug may have persisted beyond that meaning to more you got the higher your chance your overall to find another legendary.

who knows they may have hotfixed the chance.

but as you have said mutliple Time RNG IS RNG. let me ask this, how did they hotfix rng? to fix a bug?

how is it even possible to Hotfix RNG.

Unless there was a number basis to begin with on the drop rate
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Lmao the game is man made it is coded by man and you think its 100% random
    It's throwing dice, yeah............random.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    or truth be told the bug they fixed was to stop people with 1 getting another easier, but the bug may have persisted beyond that meaning to more you got the higher your chance your overall to find another legendary.

who knows they may have hotfixed the chance.

but as you have said mutliple Time RNG IS RNG. let me ask this, how did they hotfix rng? to fix a bug?

how is it even possible to Hotfix RNG.

Unless there was a number basis to begin with on the drop rate
    It's absolutely possible to fix it. See my post from earlier:

This is just getting ridiculous.

It's random. It has always, always been random. You have a fixed chance of getting x item from x activity. Look at it like this:

If you have a 10% chance of getting an item, a number is rolled between 1 and 10, and if that number matches the ONE number out of 1 - 10, you get the item. It is possible to never get an item. Ever. It is possible to be lucky and get the item multiple times over.

The way that bad-luck protection systems work is that the chance increases. Say, 10% to 20%. Now all you have to do is match two of the numbers with yours (still 1 - 10). You have a higher chance of getting an item. Again, this is not a guarantee. It's still random. You could still never get an item or you could get multiples.

The bug was that people with a legendary had a higher chance of getting another when they weren't supposed to. That had nothing to do with random number generation or how randomizing works, it just had to do with the chance. That's it. That's the bug that they fixed.

People bitching and moaning about not having one while so-and-so got 3, get over it. I don't have one. I don't complain about it or think Blizzard is lying.