Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got a good one a week in from an emissary box. I think the legendary system's great. Being salty that your luck is bad is nothing new.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah this is what you guys said last time. We literally can't be too sure anymore.
    Can you prove that it ISNT RNG?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It's throwing dice, yeah............random.
    so Seefer can you tell me how do you fix a broken dice? oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    so Seefer can you tell me how do you fix a broken dice? oh wait
    In this case, it was us being given a d10 instead of a d20. Just fix it by being given a d20 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think they've ever said 100%. Clearly the curve is very slow; I've looted hundreds of items since I hit 110 and so far, nothing.

Did they say it was guaranteed? If it is, that's pretty neat. Just slow.
    Ya I'm fairly certain that those were the exact words that you'll "eventually get one with the bad luck prevention".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Ya I'm fairly certain that those were the exact words that you'll "eventually get one with the bad luck prevention".
    The real question is; will everyone have one before Nighthold (or w/e raid they're tuning it for) or not? Blizzard's quote on that was "Later tiers will be tuned around most players having a legendary item." So there's a chance not everyone will by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a guy in my guild who is convinced that he gets less experience while leveling than the rest of us, because he hasn't bought as many collector's editions from Blizzard as we have.

The tinfoils in this thread would get along great with him, I'm sure.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I have a guy in my guild who is convinced that he gets less experience while leveling than the rest of us, because he hasn't bought as many collector's editions from Blizzard as we have.

The tinfoils in this thread would get along great with him, I'm sure.
    I have a hard time believing that I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Can you prove that it ISNT RNG?
    I can prove through Blizzard's own admission that it's not just based on pure RNG. Firstly, RNG stands for random number generator which is meant to imply 'chance of the dice'. To obtain a legendary, the code seems to go beyond just a random chance, there's something they're doing to influence the numbers. If it were pure RNG, they could have it pick a random number every time between 1 and <whatever> and if rolls a 1 you get the item, any other number and you don't. So how did a bug occur, that Blizzard admitted existed, to cause players with 1 legendary to have increased odds on another? The only way that could have occurred is they are artificially modifying the chances based on 'something'. What that 'something' is remains unknown. Sounds like at the very least the code is looking at your character to determine if you've ever received a legendary drop. Perhaps the intent was to lower the odds after each one is received? Either way, it's not true RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it could be bugged again, I don't see any of this "real, hardcold evidence", but maybe that was just to make the title more clickbaity.

If I do 100 runs of Tempest Keep without seeing Ashes of A'lar, but a guildy runs it 20 times and sees it drop twice, that does not mean the system is broken, even if bad luck protection is added.

Blizzard announcing that it was originally bugged was a horrible move because now we get threads where when someone doesn't get their Legendary, it's because "it's 100% super bugged!!!1!" regardless of whether or not it actually is. If you want to try and make a step towards providing this "evidence" you speak of, but haven't provided, start with a larger sample size. Because right now, it's just seems like an empty complaint.

Maybe it's confusion, though. You guys realize that people who obtained Legendaries still have a chance to get more, right? Even if they have a lower chance, that still doesn't mean that you'll get one before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I have a hard time believing that I'm afraid.
    He does realize that he can display the amount of exp gained, doesn't he?
    But then.. some of the people in this thread should post the school and math teacher they had, because people should avoid these educators and institutions of learning as they clearly failed in doing their job..

By the way, I already have one and I got neither a second nor a third. Unbelievable, right? The system is clearly double stacked against me!
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-09-26 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    I can prove through Blizzard's own admission that it's not just based on pure RNG. Firstly, RNG stands for random number generator which is meant to imply 'chance of the dice'. To obtain a legendary, the code seems to go beyond just a random chance, there's something they're doing to influence the numbers. If it were pure RNG, they could have it pick a random number every time between 1 and <whatever> and if rolls a 1 you get the item, any other number and you don't. So how did a bug occur, that Blizzard admitted existed, to cause players with 1 legendary to have increased odds on another? The only way that could have occurred is they are artificially modifying the chances based on 'something'. What that 'something' is remains unknown. Sounds like at the very least the code is looking at your character to determine if you've ever received a legendary drop. Perhaps the intent was to lower the odds after each one is received? Either way, it's not true RNG.
    Again: random does not mean there isn't a fixed chance.

You really don't seem to have any idea what RNG is. It's not a guaranteed drop after 60 chests or whatever. It's not a guaranteed NON-drop after 2 drops already. Git gud.

7+ Year Old Account
    My guild has 7 legendaries. 4 dropped in the last couple days. The people who have one have not gotten a second one. My "real hardcore evidence" is just as solid as yours.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

15+ Year Old Account
    This is why I was against the Legendaries in WoW, they should have just left them in Diablo. Diablo had the similar issues and blizzard never admitted. You guys saying its RNG , never played vanilla and early ROS Diablo. There were even more theories behind the leg drops in Diablo 3. Blizz buffed the drop rates multiple times and made higher drop rates in higher torments. Now everyone gets 10 leg's in D3 and no 1 notices the guy who is getting an extra 3.

Why are people so obsessed with these legendaries? Aren't they not going to work in mythic raids for a good number of lockouts? They aren't necessary at all, if anyone is worried about being benched because they don't have a legendary then the problem is with the group just being stupid. I don't have any legendaries, or a guild for that matter and I've already cleared normal, as well as the first few bosses of heroic, and it was in pugs in the first week.

I see them as a really nice bonus if you get one. If your raid is going to try and make it essential then there are more than enough groups to turn to. Other than that I don't see what the big deal is.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    This is why I was against the Legendaries in WoW, they should have just left them in Diablo. Diablo had the similar issues and blizzard never admitted. You guys saying its RNG , never played vanilla and early ROS Diablo. There were even more theories behind the leg drops in Diablo 3. Blizz buffed the drop rates multiple times and made higher drop rates in higher torments. Now everyone gets 10 leg's in D3 and no 1 notices the guy who is getting an extra 3.
    Like you I don't want them in WoW. I don't like that they plan the balance the next raids against them and that will just handicap the very unlucky guilds who get few or no legendaries...like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Like you I don't want them in WoW. I don't like that they plan the balance the next raids against them and that will just handicap the very unlucky guilds who get few or no legendaries...like us.
    I like that they are there, I don't like how they handled it.

There should be a way to receive one and the reward still RNG, After that the ones you didn't get can be just RNG drop.

Like for example: Get all reps to revered, receive a random legendary. Them being pure RNG imo is shit and even more so when ALOT of classes feel broke without one.

To me my example above would be the best way to handle it. There current fix on the legendary bug IMO is also piss poor. They should raise everyone's chance to get ONE to balance it out a bit.

Also the fact a legendary can drop and its a fallower item highly pisses me off.

I am not a fan of RNG on top of RNG.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

119 runs 25man heroic lich king must be broken pls fix

I have over 100 Firelands solo runs, and still haven't gotten the Firebird off Ragnaros yet. A guildie got it on her second run of the place.

RNG is RNG.