Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't mind it but I'm a prot pally and face roll it, didn't know the hidden looked dropped there ether but got that as well.

This thread should be titled "X ability is so annoyingly broken in Withered training" as you make no argument for the state of the quest as a whole and it is quite easy for every class if one has an understanding of how it works. Often people that complain about something being broken are simply ignorant to what the general method of approaching it is.

Obviously, cases exist where something is truly broken and this fury ability is one of them, the statements on Withered training as a whole however just come off as "I have no idea what I'm doing and blame the creators for my stupidity".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Maybe if you don't read the OP at all, it might seem like he's talking about something else. But in that case, you're just an ignorant moron who doesn't read past the headlines and deserve to be called such for your embarrassing error.

Also, it is broken, for everyone, in lots of ways.
    It only *breaks* if you DC, most people assume they can faceroll it and die and blame the scenario.

Deleted
    It is also pretty easy as arms warrior tbh. However I'm not a fan of that scenario. I don't think it is fun in any way, but hey it is a matter of personal taste, and I see why some people likes it.
    The reason for me to keep doing it is reputation, and not because I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    The reason for me to keep doing it is reputation, and not because I enjoy it.
    As someone without a stun, and without anyway to pull aggro - I've not bothered, faster ways of making reputation - and I don't have to spend countless hours farming ancient mana any more.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As someone without a stun, and without anyway to pull aggro - I've not bothered, faster ways of making reputation - and I don't have to spend countless hours farming ancient mana any more.
    Twilight vinyard, 15 min farm for 2000 ancient mana. If it takes hours, it is caused by a lack of knowledge

If the "solution" is to be a tank, then something is very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    Twilight vinyard, 15 min farm for 2000 ancient mana. If it takes hours, it is caused by a lack of knowledge
    If everyone else is not doing the same.
    The reason that works for a minority is "lack of knowledge" from the majority.
    So don't be so quick to judge "lack of knowledge" as being a bad thing for everyone, as some such as yourself undoubtedly are benefiting from just that.
    A lot of things players with "knowledge" can do are only possible because most aren't.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-09-26 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    It only *breaks* if you DC...
    no

you can faceroll it just fine, on any spec, if you're not a retard

it's still broken
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Maybe if you don't read the OP at all, it might seem like he's talking about something else. But in that case, you're just an ignorant moron who doesn't read past the headlines and deserve to be called such for your embarrassing error.

Also, it is broken, for everyone, in lots of ways.
    I did, in fact, read it. It is not broken for everyone; I have never experienced an error, so it is not broken for me. If I were to experience a bug, I would inform others of it, but unless it was a generalized bug that prevented any or all progress, I would not call the scenario broken as a result.

This is the general forum, not the warrior forum, and he never once specified that he's Fury beyond a description of his artifact trait. In the midst of the post, he said:
    I just cant understand why it has to continue to be so utterly broken and unplayable. It isn't fun spenting 20+ minutes each time to get nothing at all and lose 1100 ancient mana and 150g from repair.
    That's not a complaint about it being broken for his spec, despite him commenting on the specific issue he encountered. The presence of bugs is not a good thing, of course, but there are workarounds, and for him there's an incredibly easy workaround: go prot. Doesn't even need artifact power or separate gear, just toss on the shield and go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you play on a dead realm. I can go there on an off day (not the day the quest respawns) and I'm usually met with at least 4-5 people going for the mana. It was a great spot, before everyone stated sharing it with others not realizing the harm that causes. But to be fair, other people would've found out fast anyways.

But anyways, 15 mins is lowballing it on some realms. Sure, there's always at least 2 nodes up and you can camp the 4 close-by spawn points for fast farming, but that's at least 25-30 mins.

And his "countless hours" is very likely speaking of the combined time it takes each time the quest spawns. Even for your 15 mins, every 4 times it spawns is an hour wasted. An hour gone for an arbitrary requirement.

I don't even bother with the mana farming anymore, myself. I grabbed the shoulder enchant that makes mana packs drop and I just use that to get my ~400 mana every 3 days. That's all you need with fully upgraded troops. Well, if you have a stun.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I did, in fact, read it. It is not broken for everyone; I have never experienced an error, so it is not broken for me. If I were to experience a bug, I would inform others of it, but unless it was a generalized bug that prevented any or all progress, I would not call the scenario broken as a result.
    Yes it is... you're just... jesus, why is this so hard to understand? That you haven't encountered the ways in which it's broken doesn't mean it isn't broken in those ways. You may be of limited enough perception that something being out of your sight places it out of your mind completely, but your mind doesn't warp reality around itself; it's still broken, just in ways you're blissfully ignorant of.

Y'know, like... I dunno. Say, your local McDonalds had 10 soda dispensers and 9 of those worked perfectly, but one just sprayed boiling hot water in your face. That you may not personally have experienced said face-spray because you never wanted to drink that particular brand of soda doesn't mean that dispenser isn't still broken.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    This is the general forum, not the warrior forum, and he never once specified that he's Fury beyond a description of his artifact trait. In the midst of the post, he said:

That's not a complaint about it being broken for his spec, despite him commenting on the specific issue he encountered. The presence of bugs is not a good thing, of course, but there are workarounds, and for him there's an incredibly easy workaround: go prot. Doesn't even need artifact power or separate gear, just toss on the shield and go.
    Yes, an incredibly easy workaround. That he won't know he even needs to do until he discovers the bug. Again, it may be an "incredibly easy workaround" to just not use that face-spraying dispenser, but the point is that it shouldn't be fucking spraying you in the face with that shit in the first place. At the very least the people working there should put an Out of Order over it or something. But instead they've just chosen to leave it as-is and let users suffer the consequences while responding with an encouraging "fuck you" to complaints.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Twilight vinyard, 15 min farm for 2000 ancient mana.
    Indeed, between the 50-60 people farming I'm sure they get 2000 ancient mana all round.

I however was referring to reality here ... not some made up e-peen numbers dude

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Indeed, between the 50-60 people farming I'm sure they get 2000 ancient mana all round.

I however was referring to reality here ... not some made up e-peen numbers dude
    Well, ignore it if you want, im playing on argent dawn EU so not really a dead realm at all, and yes, if you do it on the day it pops, it will prolly take 15-30 min, if you do it on the day the 2nd or 3rd day it is up then 15 min is absolutely doable.

and 50-60 people farming it? that wont ever happen, as the server will make shards instead as that is way too many people for the area anyways.

But hey, not my problem if you do not believe me, i know i have/still do it in 15 min on argent dawn eu ^^

Well, ignore it if you want
    Done - I can ride around the vinyard for 30 minutes and not even see a yellow dot on the minimap. Oh - yes, I do have the buff up.

2000 mana in 15 minutes is pure fiction.

One time I did it on my warrior and I had that buff that puts you in a little bubble after taking fatal damage. BUT I also got the valkyrie thing and oculeth was aborting the mission at the same time.

It tried to leave the scenario but my corpse ended up outside of the training area. I couldn't release because I think my withered were still fighting or something.

Since that day I did it as prot and never looked back
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

it is pure fact your statements are pure ignorance Schwarz.

Edit: And why would i lie about this? What do i stand to gain by doing so? I am amazed at your rudeness though, as it screams ignorance so hard.
    Last edited by srathgar; 2016-09-26 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The only thing remotely 'broken' about it is the occasional hiccup that will make all your withered just sort of run off in a random direction. I personally don't find it to be all that much fun, though it certainly lays the groundwork for what your mission table followers *should* have been designed as.
    Yeah, the withered are a bit special. Staring at mobs they can't reach through locked doors, randomly running off etc.

OT: Play a tank spec, don't die, problem solved.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Done - I can ride around the vinyard for 30 minutes and not even see a yellow dot on the minimap. Oh - yes, I do have the buff up.

2000 mana in 15 minutes is pure fiction.
    I'm not sure why you're trying to argue that personal experience is not objective truth by using personal experience as evidence for your own claims of objective truth.

While it is possible that for you, it is not possible to gather such an amount in 15 minutes. It is far from fiction and can be done in even less time on reasonably populated servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I had Dro not spawn once so I couldn't progress past his door. Ran around the entire thing for like 10 mins before giving up and just grabing all the chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    It only *breaks* if you DC, most people assume they can faceroll it and die and blame the scenario.
    As a tank spec you can pretty much faceroll it, especially once you have all the upgrades(at this point I can just run into a room, tell my withered to go nuts, proceed to next room regardless of my spec, but at the start I had to go Guardian to get the enemies off my withered)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU