Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You can't. That's why instakicking people is stupid

You said you wouldn't step foot in mythics because of wannabe hardcores who don't give a shit about skill. So that's why I asked how one can figure skill out ahead of time. You just answered the question admitting you can't. Which also makes your original remark more than a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    You said you wouldn't step foot in mythics because of wannabe hardcores who don't give a shit about skill. So that's why I asked how one can figure skill out ahead of time. You just answered the question admitting you can't. Which also makes your original remark more than a little off.
    The only way to know how someone plays is actually playing with that person. What a big surprise ain't it?

But that's something that no one does these days. Just pick FOTM setup with, sometimes, mediocre players and leave the rest out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    I never said anything of my own opinion, I'm simply stating facts. One of the facts is, BM hunter is better for dungeons, every hunter who wants to be competitive as in competitive in M dungs have lvl'ed their BM artifact a bit too. I myself don't give 2 shats about M dungeons, as I will only run a few before Mythic progress. Also it's a pug, the fact you want logic is counterproductive. You won't find reason in a pug.
    This is just flat wrong. Tons of high level hunters are playing MM for mythic+. Take your ignorance somewhere else.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you PuG on a group for Mythic+ and they ask your spec, say you Marksmanship and them say i KNOW HOW TO USE BARRAGE! This should solve the problem. Many leaders don't MM Hunters because of bad usage of Barrage making them wipe and lose the keystone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    The only way to know how someone plays is actually playing with that person. What a big surprise ain't it?

But that's something that no one does these days. Just pick FOTM setup with, sometimes, mediocre players and leave the rest out.
    Yes, but gear can better specs can often overcome someones bad qualities. Its been like that since vanilla 2004. And since we have no way to determine someones skill, its either we randomly invite -anyone- or pick someone who fits what we want better. You admit theres no way to judge skill. Maybe you want to risk your keystone being used up, but most don't. And you say these days like its new. It's been this way since the start.

This discussion is pointless. Both BM and MM are viable for lower Mythics+. (1-4)
    But when it comes to the point where you attemplt M+6, M+7 or higher with nasty mods marksman is a nogo.
    It is not about dps or using barrage. It is simple about BM bringing to raid very important utility (BL or Combat Res).
    Also Stampede is major aoe spell in M+. When you do a big pull (10+ mobs in M+7) BM can simple burst to 2M dps, when MM never reaches that level of constant dps on trash.
    BM can have a single target stun which is really important when you have to cc annoying mob.
    The one and only downside of BM is not having camo, but that is minor, because you can dismiss pets.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

maybe i just suck then, since i can pull 270-300k ST dps in mythic dungeons as MM, while only 220k as BM.

and on consisten aoe, MM pulls far ahead at 500-600k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post
    if one "route" has a 50/50% chance of pulling everything from westcoast of africa to the coast of china, and thereby ruining any decent chance you have for achieving the goal you set, and the other is one that you can barely mess up. how is it not a better choice to take the second...

I hope you'll never be a manager for a business that i own
    If you don't care about the people, but only the goal, than yes, I can't argue with what you wrote.
    It's easy to manage things when you disregard other people and look at them as numbers.

At the moment I play both for M+, but only MM for raids.

My gear is heavily in favor of MM at the moment, due to having an 898 weapon for it, while my avg. iLvl is still only 857.

I do BM for speed Mythic+ dungs(7 and below), and go MM for higher.

Why? Because in higher M+, there are mobs that you want to nuke down first in a pack of mobs, otherwise tank will die. MM excels at this by being able to maintain 100% ST DPS and still do full AoE. Also, MM bursts higher when you need the damage. I've seen myself break 1m DPS with Bloodlust in M+10(completed in time), while BM can only reach about 600k if KCs crit.

Also LUL at people commenting about mass pulling in very high Mythics(which this week was 8 or above), your tank will get fucking dumpstered if you pull more than 1 pack. In our M+10 VotW run, we had to hard-CC 2 mobs per pack in the room before 1st boss, otherwise he would die instantly(DK).

@Garkanh My highest M+ is Eye of Ashara+7 with 2 chests and sadly that 500-600k in trash is nothing special. On big pull with all cds used i had 1M-2M damage. Ended up with average whole dungeon dps at 360k.

Deleted
    Dunno if it was brought up, but if you're having problems applying as a MM, try applying as a retri. It's fucking annoying getting insta declined in every goddamn situation. And i'm talking for +2, not higher. And the moment i get accepted, my keystone bugs and ppl think i'm lying so they kick me...

Lot of my friends are trying to make me respecc but i just wanna play retri. I got the CMs on MoP as a retri (even with pugs), same as WoD (except from a few). Like Jesus Christ.

Anyway, nerdraging above. Thing is, make your own group, you'll probably get it faster that way. In the meantime, i'll pray we get buffed on Wednesday :P

I've found a way to get into groups as a MM Hunter.

1. Tell them your BM.
    2. Right as he's about to put in the keystone switch to MM and he'll put in his keystone.
    3. the first couple of trash packs pull insane dps
    4. Tell him "You see aren't you glad I'm MM?"
    5. Watch him continue to pull cause he really can't kick you... lel
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've been kicked of several mythic (the ones that are heroics in disguise, not mythic+) groups for speccing into cinderstorm. Like, what the fuck?
    Because there is a lot of Fire mages out there that pull extra crap with cinderstorm because they don't know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    This is just flat wrong. Tons of high level hunters are playing MM for mythic+. Take your ignorance somewhere else.
    You really like to be an asshat for no good reason dont ya? Take 2 sec out of your life, and realise this was posted on WEDNESDAY, the DAY Mythic+ went out for EU. Im an EU player, meaning I HAVENT played dungeons by then, therefor I just went with the information we had from normal dungeons. If anyone is showing ignorance it's you, not taking things into perspective.

You don't say MM is better for M+, thats why everyone and their mother in every guild with self respect is playing it currently. Rant off
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    @Garkanh My highest M+ is Eye of Ashara+7 with 2 chests and sadly that 500-600k in trash is nothing special. On big pull with all cds used i had 1M-2M damage. Ended up with average whole dungeon dps at 360k.
    If you really do pulls with 10+ mobs (what are you talking about here btw... murlocs? Because you won't pull bigger than 2x2 or 2x3) @ M+7, 360k avg. is nothing special either tbh. Seems to be about the same what MM will reach in that dungeon.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-26 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    If you really do pulls with 10+ mobs (what are you talking about here btw... murlocs? Because you won't pull bigger than 2x2 or 2x3) @ M+7, 360k avg. is nothing special either tbh. Seems to be about the same what MM will reach in that dungeon.
    I am talking about pulling almost all trash before first boss (we are not skipping using left side). The dungeon also have additional mob mod on +7 so packs are bigger this week.
    360k average on Eye of Ashara is very decent average for hunter, because you loose a lot on bosses (5 of them and quite annoying ones - 3 hydras head etc).
    On Black Rook Hold had 410k average but BRH is packed up with mobs. Feel free to play MM in EoA+7 and have tank+gull+disorient combo.

This is fine, i'll switch to BM with an un-pointed artifact and 0 confidence in pet management. Oddly, I do great as SV in pet management.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Maybe group needed BL from BM Hunter

I'm a MM hunter (858) and I've yet to be outdps'd by anyone else but a DH on big aoe pulls. I've even been in a Group of 3 Hunters, and BM isn't even close. It might match my AoE damage somewhat, but they have fuck all single target damage compared to MM.

Why play BM when you can do more AOE damage and load more single target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    I'm a MM hunter (858)
    Damn son you got gear. Mind linking your armory?