View Poll Results: Would you let your significant other have a sexbot?

Voters
126. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

19 15.08%
  • Never

44 34.92%
  • Sure, why not

41 32.54%
  • Yes, if it does house chores

19 15.08%
  • Yes, if it helps me with my school work

1 0.79%
  • Yes, if I like to hang out with it

2 1.59%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    In the sense of it being a sex toy: no. I'd probably want a few more details, but the general answer would be no.

In the sense of "it seems human in every way": Are we talking actual AI? It would pretty much have to be full AI to be truly indistinguishable, and in that case, I would oppose the matter on the grounds of slavery. If it's a true AI, that includes sentience, and no sentient entity should be forced to serve as any form of slave, let alone a sex slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Come talk to us when you're 65, no children/grandchildren, and the women aren't as easily picked up. All your possessions and lack of responsibility to someone other than yourself wont mean much then.
    What's so bad about not having kids? I don't agree with the guy you quoted at all or his ediquette but I don't see the problem with not having kids.

I've had a few girlfriends already and I have one now that I've been dating pretty long term and neither of us want kids. That might change when we're 30 or so, but I don't see the problem with not wanting or having kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it means i wont be interupted as often with tits in my face when im trying to play wow and she feels ignored, sure why not!?
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It's nowhere near the same thing. Wanna try again?
    fake dick vs. fake dick, vagina, ass, and mouth.

his/her's just has a lot more options.

Deleted
    I'd ditch her and get that sexbot for myself instead! I mean, if they make sexbots that are very human-like, there's no need for me to have a GF.

if i ever got a gf i would be uncofrotable with her having a sex bot
    hopefully i would be enuff and shed be happy

SO's will be a non-existant concept when sexbots become available (and work as intended).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You set the definition yourself. Who's the hypocrite now?

Also, in addition before I go to bed: Go foam at someone else. I'm not the first nor last who said no to the same question. It's boring.
    ROFLMAO "go foam at someone else" sounds like your quite upset. also now your just being intellectually dishonest and misusing my quotes to fit your own agenda and angry your losing the argument. go ahead though and stomp off to bed linadra. on the contrary i'm laughing my ass off. also brilliant logic linadra don't even address the argument just declare victory and go home.SUCCESS ACHIEVED. in fact the only one i see foaming at the mouth is you linadra.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-09-26 at 05:58 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    SO's will be a non-existant concept when sexbots become available (and work as intended).
    yeah honestly, i'd much rather have the sexbot than a sentient person.

it can cook, clean, work, and do all of that stuff so that i don't have to, while also being available for sexual stuff whenever the urge hits me and i think that would be a big problem between me and a real person because i don't think i'd have the urge as often as they'd want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So unless you're monogamous, you're a socio-/psychopath?
    You can be polygamous and still view people as, well, people. If you think a woman is just a fancy flesh-light or a man is a fancy dildo then you're definitely encroaching sociopath territory. People can have one night stands or meaningless sex without viewing the other person as a lifeless-object that just gets boxed up and put away when the night is over.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    a sex bot isn't a living breathing entity. it is a mostly inanimate object. looking at other humans as sex toys is rather disgusting and the kind of thinking sociopaths and psychopaths engage in. that's a nice leap of logic you made there.
    And you're ignoring that what the OP described the 'sex bot' as being goes a lot further than a sex toy and well into robot girl/boy friend territory. Sure, it isn't the same as calling another person a sex toy, but you're ignoring that this 'sex bot' is also about companionship where as a sex toy is purely about sexual gratification. That is a pretty huge leap you're making yourself by acting as if they're equivalent.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    And you're ignoring that what the OP described the 'sex bot' as being goes a lot further than a sex toy and well into robot girl/boy friend territory. Sure, it isn't the same as calling another person a sex toy, but you're ignoring that this 'sex bot' is also about companionship where as a sex toy is purely about sexual gratification. That is a pretty huge leap you're making yourself by acting as if they're equivalent.
    It's not that binary. People name their sex toys and treat them as silent companions. A sex-bot is not a person - it's a toy. And on the other hand - threesomes and even orgies are a thing. So it all comes down to sexual compatibility of people involved.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Sex =/= Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    It's almost the same as calling another person a sex toy. In order for the bot to understand what it is, and be fine with it, it has to be self aware. A sentient being. A person. But, not my fault bread seemingly failed highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    ROFLMAO "go foam at someone else" sounds like your quite upset. also now your just being intellectually dishonest and misusing my quotes to fit your own agenda and angry your losing the argument. go ahead though and stomp off to bed linadra. on the contrary i'm laughing my ass off. also brilliant logic linadra don't even address the argument just declare victory and go home.SUCCESS ACHIEVED. in fact the only one i see foaming at the mouth is you linadra.
    Read above. Now go finish school instead of throwing tantrums on bad test scores. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.