10+ Year Old Account

Question about Monk damage in World PvP

I'll just get right to the point, yesterday I was helping a friend out at the Twilight Vineyards in Suramar when this monk shows up. Two of us, he was alone so an easy target right? Yeah, no. He wrecked me, a 845 havoc Demon Hunter . Now, okay karma's a bitch so it was deserved but what I noticed was that he was a Mistweaver monk from Life Cocoon and Jade Serpent statue spells. When I went to check my combat log I saw he hit me for 1.29M with Rising Sun Kick (4kish overkill)... as a healer (unless I missed something with monk spells, I don't play one myself).

Just wondering how it's possible that a healer can manage to ping off 1.29M HP when the average Agi user at that level of gear has 1.7M, what combination of skills possibly were used to achieve that. Again, I don't play a monk so I might as well be missing something altogether.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Friendly bump.

Are you sure that this 1,29M damage came JUST from Rising Sun Kick? Thanks to a PvP Talent he can dish out some nice damage for 45seconds, but not as much as you say. Consider that there are several items, buffs, etc. you can get in world pvp that enhance your dps greatly.

I as a Windwalker Monk can Oneshot every non-tanking specc instantly every 90 seconds. Maybe he wasnt alone and had a second MW Monk in his back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    Are you sure that this 1,29M damage came JUST from Rising Sun Kick? Thanks to a PvP Talent he can dish out some nice damage for 45seconds, but not as much as you say. Consider that there are several items, buffs, etc. you can get in world pvp that enhance your dps greatly.

I as a Windwalker Monk can Oneshot every non-tanking specc instantly every 90 seconds. Maybe he wasnt alone and had a second MW Monk in his back?
    I'm positive that it came from Rising Sun Kick. Now, as I said initially, I'm not a monk so there's no doubt that I'm most definitely missing something that happened prior but it was that ability and that amount of damage. The fight didn't last longer than 10 seconds. That's why I come to this section of the MMO-C forums to see what could've potentially happened for a healer monk to deal this amount of damage because I don't know what I'm missing in all of this.

And he was alone, he used Life Cocoon and Jade Serpent Statue. This is the monk in question: Smegtastic

I have no problems with PvP, or losing in PvP or getting my ass handed to me in it but when I see 1.29M damage from one ability I'd like to know what I'm missing so I can deal with it better in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappadappa View Post
    That didn't happen
    Didn't know you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Solonar View Post
    Now, okay karma's a bitch so it was deserved but what I noticed was that he was a Mistweaver monk from Life Cocoon and Jade Serpent statue spells.
    You imply he used karma and was a mistweaver.. troll post. Or just very wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mr120 View Post
    I don't imply he used karma. I mean to say that karma's a bitch because me and my friend tried to attack him and he annihilated me.

Quote Originally Posted by mr120 View Post
    I think I just facepalmed for 1.29m damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Frank View Post
    I think I just facepalmed for 1.29m damage.
    Lol'd

Anyway, still looking into this but someone I've been talking to says that a Mistweaver can, in some manner, triple the damage from his attacks? Not exactly sure but he did mention tiger's palm and blackout kick.

Lol'd

Anyway, still looking into this but someone I've been talking to says that a Mistweaver can, in some manner, triple the damage from his attacks? Not exactly sure but he did mention tiger's palm and blackout kick.
    it doesn't , the thing tiger palm does is it give a stack for blackout kick (max 3 stack) and each stack give blackout kick a chance to reset the cooldown of sun rising kick , so a monk combo start with SRK , then he charge 3 stacks by TP then BOK , if it reseted SRK then SRK time

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, that's good to know. Thanks.

Alright, that's good to know. Thanks.
    just to correct myself what tiger palm does is add an extra hit to blackout which also increase the chance of reseting SRK cooldown , so 3 tiger palms > one blackout will hit 3 times , so nothing of this combo increase the damage of SRK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmy View Post
    just to correct myself what tiger palm does is add an extra hit to blackout which also increase the chance of reseting SRK cooldown , so 3 tiger palms > one blackout will hit 3 times , so nothing of this combo increase the damage of SRK
    Aha, okay then. Will keep that in mind for the next time. Thank you.

Stop bumping this thread, there is nothing that makes a MW do 1.3m with RSK

I'll just get right to the point, yesterday I was helping a friend out at the Twilight Vineyards in Suramar when this monk shows up. Two of us, he was alone so an easy target right? Yeah, no. He wrecked me, a 845 havoc Demon Hunter . Now, okay karma's a bitch so it was deserved but what I noticed was that he was a Mistweaver monk from Life Cocoon and Jade Serpent statue spells. When I went to check my combat log I saw he hit me for 1.29M with Rising Sun Kick (4kish overkill)... as a healer (unless I missed something with monk spells, I don't play one myself).

Just wondering how it's possible that a healer can manage to ping off 1.29M HP when the average Agi user at that level of gear has 1.7M, what combination of skills possibly were used to achieve that. Again, I don't play a monk so I might as well be missing something altogether.
    With their way of the crane talent, and some buffs i would think they could dish out that dmg tbh. They also have a buff from their order hall that increases their dmg by 10%(dont quote me on that, its 10% or 15%)