Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Flasks won´t be a problem for any kind of organized guild.

You have the Spirit Claudron, and I already have it rank 3 for my guild, so not only do you proc the flask with rank3 you can also proc the Claudrons.

Besides that the pots are expensive right now yes, but you get 40-55% more pots with rank3 (based on 4x100 crafts) so crafting 100 gives you 140-155

The expensive part is having to get Flask, Pot, Enchant, Augment rune and Vantus rune

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post

But it is relatively expensive even if you account the inflation. Maybe there is just not enough herbalists out there...

if you farmed in WoD you came into legion with at least 1m gold

a pot, then, is somewhere around .1% of your gold?

that doesnt seem relatively expensive for week 1 of raiding to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    I do like 1 hour of herb farming per day, which is enough for me to get flasks and pots for raid for myself even after selling half of the mats for fat money. If you dont wanna buy it, just get an herbalist and spend 30 mins farming mats for your raid stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

But it is relatively expensive even if you account the inflation. Maybe there is just not enough herbalists out there...
    Congrats on being on a low population realm, however, on my realm there is nothing BUT people farming herbs making it nigh on impossible as all the nodes are taken.

Deleted
    It is the first time since Cataclysm Herbalism is truly a valuable profession.
    WoD had the Herb Garden which gave extremely easy access to herbs for personal use.
    But Pandaria did something similar with the Farm. It was better balanced since you had a very limited amount of plots and you had to choose between all the different types of materials (and herbs were random on top of that).
    The Blood trader is going to help a lot with this problem, but I for one sure wouldn't mind 4-5 flower pots in my Order Hall .
    I even have a Herbalism Alt, and farming flasks and pots for a raid (3-4 flasks, 20 pots; 68 Starlight Rose, 120 Dreamleaf, 120 Fjarnskaggl) takes 1-2 hours easy. I'm getting flashbacks to farming Tubers and mana fruits in Felwood back in Vanlilla---

I very much doubt it will fix itself. The materials required are just a pain in the ass as the quantities are beyond reasonable. Even lvl 3 herbalism doesn't compare to what we got compared to previous expansions. The huge amount of excess gold on the players account won't go away by just buying and trading things on the AH, it just changes hands. If you don't have that much capital and can't farm a lot you are just fucked. I can reasonably supply myself, but the farming required was certainly a lot more than previously. Also the level 3 herb discovery chance is abysmal.

Edit: The issue isn't with flasks either, but the potions are ridiculously heavy on materials, making every try essentially cost you 3k if you take it seriously.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-09-26 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole profession system is messed up to be honest. Consumables cost too much to make, period. Even the 'fun' stuff like the deployable bullet dispenser from engineering is pretty much never going to see use because of the high raw material cost. 50 ore for a single use item? Like, really? Being on a high pop server as well makes farming materials efficiently impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    This is really an issue, however glory times are ahead of us. When more alchemists reach level 3 in alchemy they have a chance of proccing potions, which will restore some balance to the economy. I hope blizzard wont intefere with it tho. However, potions will NEVER be as cheap anymore as WoD because:

It requires 3 flowers sorts to make 1 potion
    10 flowers for 1 potion (4 4 and 2 starlight)
    The starlight drops only 1 flower each herb so harder to obtain
    No garrison easy flowers

I think in a few weeks you get a stack of potions for 1000 gold but never count on a stack for 60-100 gold like WoD

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    This is really an issue, however glory times are ahead of us. When more alchemists reach level 3 in alchemy they have a chance of proccing potions, which will restore some balance to the economy. I hope blizzard wont intefere with it tho. However, potions will NEVER be as cheap anymore as WoD because:

It requires 3 flowers sorts to make 1 potion
    10 flowers for 1 potion (4 4 and 2 starlight)
    The starlight drops only 1 flower each herb so harder to obtain
    No garrison easy flowers

I think in a few weeks you get a stack of potions for 1000 gold but never count on a stack for 60-100 gold like WoD

Cheers
    due to inflation, a stack for 1000 in legion is the same price as a stack for 100 in wod

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    how are you making so much money with it? just farming for hours and selling the raw mats?
    Im doing the same. You can do 2 things.

If I farm for an hour, maybe more (i havent been really keeping track of it) I get like 200 starlight roses that sell for 200-250 gold a flower. Thats 200-250k gold per 5 hours. The other 2 flowers I find harder to obttain (esp the foxflowers) but potions go for 1000-1100 per potion. So about 100 potions will get you 100k ish.

Its easy money now for us herbers, but I agree the prices are by far from reasonble

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Things are usually pretty expensive in the beginning of a new xpac. Things will lower as more people level up, etc.
    Sure, but flasks and pots have never been this expensive. Not even close. I remember flasks were 15-20g from the start in our server in WoD. Now they are 1200-3000g.
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-09-26 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    if you farmed in WoD you came into legion with at least 1m gold

a pot, then, is somewhere around .1% of your gold?

that doesnt seem relatively expensive for week 1 of raiding to me.
    really? did you do the math? flasks for 3.5k for three nights? 40k. pots for, say 30 pulls a night x3? 90k. do you prepot? another 90k. 220k for one week of raiding spent on consumables sounds pretty damn expensive, even for the couple of thousand players, who garrisoned from dusk till dawn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    really? did you do the math? flasks for 3.5k for three nights? 40k. pots for, say 30 pulls a night x3? 90k. do you prepot? another 90k. 220k for one week of raiding spent on consumables sounds pretty damn expensive, even for the couple of thousand players, who garrisoned from dusk till dawn
    On my realm also 1500 per rune thing (Forgot the name, the one that gives +325 stats). So you can add in another 45k per raiding night.

New expansion, takes a while for bots to re-adapt and once again take over the market. A few bots around but needs to be in the thousands to be able to push down the prices on all servers to low levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    all me seez is a pretender with an astonishing mathematical deficite.

1. itz about 25k gold @110 (so u have been sloppy in ur calculation/questing, i guess both), 69k Suramar Questline is nonsense (178q in total, not one is rewarding 370g...)
    2. 5k per day= 35k per week wont supply 9 flask + 60 pots + enchancts + gems at current costs
    3. some pl (like me) dont twink, and dont want to lose their recipe collection of their second crafting profession WoD invited to.
    4. cuz i dont waste my time being a bot, farming nodes or playing the AH - thats not the game, the majority subscribed 4.
    5. is the pot-price another new entry barrier to high-end pve, maybe some day u ll get a shot at a myth+10... like repcosts in wrath, blizzard explicitly stated that they wont pl to farm, but to raid (as justification 4 garrision nonsense).
    6. a lot of pl r disadvantaged by this new economy, that reminds of the worst days in vanilla (Soul Shards, Poisons), fuk grind.
    if u like to herb, or in ur mindset live like a bot, thats fine for me, but most pl dislike it for reason.
    7. even well-established progress guilds complain (dont want to farm, but WANT to raid 24/7...)

- do some thinking, hm? cuz the result of ur "itz ohso ez-pz u lazy fobs just dont get it, do some herbing"-attitude confirms this nonsense blizzard serves us:
    the consequence means extrawork for all of u wannabe-bots, not so 4 b-bois (get catered anyway, rolemodels
    personal preference would beI to gain mats, consumable via progress instead of exploiting the (life)time of wannabe-bots.
    oh wait - i do gain mats even before progress, not having "farmed" anything else than raids and bgs in my entire gametime.
    This writing gave me aids

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-26 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Blizz needs to introduce this blood trader early, almost everyone I know - even those with time to farm a lot of their mats is struggling with maintaining this level of gold outflow and/or time input for farming.
    You can get 500 Fjarn/hour, 800 Foxflower, 1000 Aethril/Dreamleaf or 200 Starlight Rose.
    With 5 chars on follow with rank 3 herbs getting seeds as well, you get closer to 4k/6k/8k/1.5k per hour.

WoD accounts from the WoW movie promotion were so cheap you could get 50 for 20e. RAF all of them to your main or eachother and get a free month for the first token you use on them. A lot of people were selling Legion keys for 200-250k in game. Legion pre-event allowed you to AFK level as many characters you want to 100... within the free month from the WoW movie codes.

Nobody to blame but yourself, as I said even 1 character can get plenty. 4 hours of farming on a single herbalist will get you what, 50 flasks? With 2 raiding days, usually 4 hours that means those flask would be enough for 12 raids(6 weeks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Pick up herbalism and a sky golem with herb hand enchant and make 60k+ a day selling herbs.
    I sell a stack of 200 starlight roses for 40k on my realm (ravencrest) and i get that within the hour with the combination you mentioned (sky golem, herb hand enchant) But also the shoulder enchant for some on occasion extra flowers.

So the raiders might have to sacrifice a profession (or a 110 alt) for herbing. Enter Suramar, and youll get to level 2 starlight in no time (you can hop in at level 1 herbing) so no excuse to not gain some money yourself. And as a plus plus, you selling all your starlights, the prices will drop eventually for all the potions. btw this was not targetted to you but to everyone here

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Blizzard won't interfere with realm economy.
    While true, in a round about way they do interfere by increasing drop rates or nodes. I'm sure this will be the case eventually.

Right now I don't mind it, if you think thats too pricey you need to pick up a profession and go farm or make money from it. While the potions are stupid high in price and will only be used by the hardcore of hardcore, the flask prices arent that bad when you consider how fast you can make 2000g.

With all this said I definitely miss Flasks/Potions in WoD because I could pretty much use them without worry. Now I only use them for Mythic+ or Raiding situations, which is fine if that's the intention. Personally I think Potions should be very cheap so that people are more likely to use them though.

1200? on my realm the flasks is going for 2,5k-3k currently.

Deleted
    There are a number of compounding issues.

1. You actually have to be a Herbalist to get herbs (the drops from Harvester are nice, but nothing you can actually rely on). We haven't had this since Cataclysm. Also, less people are herbalists. Because of the Farm in Pandaria and the Herb Garden in WoD, many people dropped their mains' gathering professions.

2. The Material costs for Potions especially are a lot higher than before. Cataclysm potions required 2x1 herb. Legion pots are 2x4 + "2". Which means in Cata, 2 herb nodes usually gave you enough herbs for 3 or so Potions. In Legion, assuming you have rank 3 for the relevant herbs means 4 herb picks for ONE potion. A raw time investment increase of a factor of SIX.

3. No flying (which I am completely on board with in general, but that's a whole other discussion).

I think the main issue to tackle is change the material costs. Going from 2 common herbs to 8 common + 2 uncommon for a potion is a crazy increase on top of the scarcity of the herbs. It should be cut in half at the minimum, maybe even more.