Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This evidence is "hardcold" (is that a legit word at all?) like the evidence conspiration theory sites have. In other words, it's pure BS.

Pretty sure accounts are tagged for a legendary and it resets every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've done, in Legion, probably close to 100 dungeons, a mix of regular, heroic, and mythic. Possibly more. Never gotten a legendary. Our guild has only ever seen one; a healer in our raid team got one on our first kill in EN.
    You're saying it as if it was an explanation, but that's actually the problem. RNG factor is mixed in with some weird system, so there are two elements of frustration: not getting a Legendary (a major factor in performance) despite putting a lot of effort into it, and seeing others get multiple, sometimes dungeon after dungeon. So for a player who does put a lot of effort into the game the system works bad - normal RNG stops him from getting a legenday, while the added system doesn't seem to help at all, only enhancing the problem.

Unless Blizzard actually says how the system works, players are stuck in the dark with a bit obscure system.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is just...I don't know if people are serious or what?

Even if there was (and possibly still is) a bug that gave a higher-than-intended chance to get a legendary under certain circumstances, it's still completely random (e.g. luck, e.g "RNG") that allowed some players to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Humans spent a billion years evolving pattern recognition to err on the side of finding ones where none exist, without a solid understanding of statistics most people have to rely on what nature gave them.

After all thinking there is a lion in the bush when there isn't is far preferable to thinking there isn't one - when there is.

TLDR - It isn't their fault

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Blizzard shills keep saying its rng.
    what a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Even if there was (and possibly still is) a bug that gave a higher-than-intended chance to get a legendary under certain circumstances, it's still completely random (e.g. luck, e.g "RNG") that allowed some players to get them.
    But...that's not luck. If a bug is giving you a statistically higher chance you have an advantage and it's not a purely random outcome anymore. That bug is affecting your chances. So..if it wasn't actually fixed who knows?

I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy but it is kind of amazing the amount of people who have multiple legendaries compared to those who have none.

So, since I got a legendary on my alt something like 10 days ago, where exactly are the second, third and maybe even dat fourth one I should have by now?

It's not RNG, my friend is social member in this guild and their tank got 3 legendaries in 2 days http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zarthela/feed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Friend of mine finally got his first one two days ago. Out of the group of 5 of us that play a TON together he is the only one with a legendary. Keep in mind we all have 3-4 110 characters, all of which near 850 with our mains nearing 860 now. The juicy part, not 1 hour later he got his 2nd legendary. WOOOOOOO RNG!
    I do the same with 4 friends, we all have 3 alts that are geared and we run mythics/heroics/raids on all of them
    We have 2 legendary's, 2 friends of mine got them on their alts a week or so ago.
    They have not recieved a second legendary.

Woehoeee, RNG.

See my proof is just as good/shit as yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    It's not RNG, my friend is social member in this guild and their tank got 3 legendaries in 2 days http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zarthela/feed
    And that would still make it RNG.
    I could get 10 and you could get 0 and it would still be RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Blizzard shills keep saying its rng.
    what a laugh.
    tinfoilhats keep saying its not rng.
    what a laugh.

10 pages of people misunderstanding the OP. What OP is trying to say is that the system that gave people a higher chance to get a second legendary is still there, it's still bugged, and I agree. I got my first legendary AFTER the fix and I got my second one yesterday. My guildies run a dozen Mythic+ dungeons per day and no one even saw a whiff of one. This isn't just me and OP, there are a lot of cases of this still happening. Statistically, a pattern IS there.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    tinfoilhats keep saying its not rng.
    what a laugh.
    kys neo-wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

You cannot prove anything with such a small data set.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I do the same with 4 friends, we all have 3 alts that are geared and we run mythics/heroics/raids on all of them
    We have 2 legendary's, 2 friends of mine got them on their alts a week or so ago.
    They have not recieved a second legendary.

Woehoeee, RNG.

See my proof is just as good/shit as yours.

- - - Updated - - -

And that would still make it RNG.
    I could get 10 and you could get 0 and it would still be RNG.
    1. RNG stands for Random Number Generator, it's not RNG it's just random, dont mix those two
    2. Now that profile says he droped his 3rd legendary yesterday, clearly the fix is working and people iwth legendary items don't get bigger chance to get another one. Working as indended ;D ;D Keep repeating RNG, system is broken and they didn't fix anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    1. RNG stands for Random Number Generator, it's not RNG it's just random, dont mix those two
    2. Now that profile says he droped his 3rd legendary yesterday, clearly the fix is working and people iwth legendary items don't get bigger chance to get another one. Working as indended ;D ;D Keep repeating RNG, system is broken and they didn't fix anything.
    If the system was broken and did not fix anything both my friends would be on their 2nd or 3rd.
    They are not so with the evidence I have available to me I don't see a broken system.

I don't like the system as it stands, but it seems to be working in my guild/group.
    Btw, we have 11 legendary's in the guild owned by 10 people.
    A shit priest that hardly ever plays has 2 of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If the system was broken and did not fix anything both my friends would be on their 2nd or 3rd.
    They are not so with the evidence I have available to me I don't see a broken system.

I don't like the system as it stands, but it seems to be working in my guild/group.
    Btw, we have 11 legendary's in the guild owned by 10 people.
    A shit priest that hardly ever plays has 2 of them.
    Clearly working - http://i.imgur.com/SixIZVM.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    10 pages of people misunderstanding the OP. What OP is trying to say is that the system that gave people a higher chance to get a second legendary is still there, it's still bugged, and I agree. I got my first legendary AFTER the fix and I got my second one yesterday. My guildies run a dozen Mythic+ dungeons per day and no one even saw a whiff of one. This isn't just me and OP, there are a lot of cases of this still happening. Statistically, a pattern IS there.
    You're seeing a pattern without analyzing all of the data? Have you done a survey or something of everyone who's obtained a legendary and whether or not they've received another? If not, you're not seeing a pattern, you're seeing just what you want to. Get a larger sample size and see what people say. You can do that by simply making a poll on this site. While still small in comparison to the entire community, it'd be a start.

For some reason you seem to think that people who have a legendary obtaining another is an anomaly. It isn't. That's a system working as intended for all we know. Just because people A has a higher chance at a legendary than person B, does not mean that person A will see a legendary before person B, just that it's more likely. In fact, if person B obtained 10 legendaries before persona A obtained one, that could still be a system working as intended.

And it's not 10 pages of people misunderstanding the OP. We understand what the OP was saying, but we either A) Don't agree with it, or B) Find the evidence lacking, especially considering that OP's only "evidence" for it being broken was 1 incident.

If it's bugged, it really wouldn't surprise me in the least. I, myself, have suspected it, especially after the recent debacle where it wasn't working correctly. That being said, you're not going to change any minds unless you provide something substantial. The previous thread, while it got a lot of hate, also got a lot of backing. This thread is an insect in comparison and they didn't even have to use a clickbait title that lied.

I've said it for a few pages now, but I'll say it again. The easiest way to further the speculation that something might be wrong is to make polls and/or get people who may have experienced similar things to post their experience here. Build that sample size up. And label it as what it is - speculation.

To people saying RNG is RNG: even if it is true and its working perfectly, how is it fucking fair that some people got 4 legendaries already and most people got 0? This system is shit and I hope whoever made it gets fired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    To people saying RNG is RNG: even if it is true and its working perfectly, how is it fucking fair that some people got 4 legendaries already and most people got 0? This system is shit and I hope whoever made it gets fired
    Oh, regardless of where this lands, I think it's an awful system. Such important items being tied to RNG is a silly move, imo.