Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    They say they aren't a hardcore guild and their progression is that of the type of guild that will do one or two mythics every tier (maybe).

OP dun fucked up.

With the ease of pugging, theres a problem for the progression minded player - they are so easy to replace in normal and HC they are basically worthless to a progression guild unless they are funny or nice or something.

That's why OP should hook up with a mythic chasing guild who are play better than he does. He isn't midcore, he's hardcore.
    I fail to see how showing up enchanted/gemmed/flasked/potions/food/knowledge of class/fight is hardcore?
    That's the standard on my server, and most servers. Hell it's even the standard in most PUG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    Yes and I did admit my fault in the post above.

But to these people to crucify me about my decision to leave a guild that was wasting my time?
    And on top of that they tell me I have no place in a raiding guild when they wipe to PUGable content?

Fuck out of here.
    People are only agreeing with you, mate.

You aren't suitable for the guild you joined. You know that and left - you don't form social connections primarily, you just want dead bosses and progress. I suspect you are a shit player, which is why you are trapped in midcore complainer hell. If you were any good some mythic guild would snap you up.

- - - Updated - - -

I fail to see how showing up enchanted/gemmed/flasked/potions/food/knowledge of class/fight is hardcore?
    because pots and flasks for 4 hours of raiding would buy a 3rd of a sub atm, mate.
    That's the standard on my server, and most servers. Hell it's even the standard in most PUG's.
    Most pugs atm are the hardcore looking for more runs. Chucking 12 grand at some pug bosses isn't happening for most players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently sit on ilvl 747 as tank without a raiding guild ... (they don't need a tank ).
    i Pugged 3/7normal on wednesday. And last night i pugged the final boss on normal and the first boss on heroic (both a 1shot too!, was quiet an amazing pug).

This first raid is very pug friendly, just give it a go.

edit: I actually beated my own guild in killing that first boss on heroic. It made some people pretty salty. Good stuff
    Last edited by Chrno; 2016-09-26 at 08:59 AM.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

People are only agreeing with you, mate.

You aren't suitable for the guild you joined. You know that and left - you don't form social connections primarily, you just want dead bosses and progress. I suspect you are a shit player, which is why you are trapped in midcore complainer hell. If you were any good some mythic guild would snap you up.

- - - Updated - - -

because pots and flasks for 4 hours of raiding would buy a 3rd of a sub atm, mate.

Most pugs atm are the hardcore looking for more runs. Chucking 12 grand at some pug bosses isn't happening for most players.
    Oh no, I did make alot of friends in that guild. Some of the coolest people in all my years playing the game are in that guild.
    But when I offer advice on how to do the boss, different strat's and etc, and it all falls on deaf ears? That's highly disrespectful.

And raid consumables being too much? Hello, do what other guilds do and form a community on "hey the herbalist should go pick some herbs and then send it to me because I have the alchemy skill and I can create this stuff!"

"Hey! All that extra gear I get from heroics/mythic dungeons that I don't need! Maybe I should DE it and save it for enchants for the raiders instead of my greedy ass self"

And a shit player? That is why I was immediately offered a raid position in the next guild I joined, no trial. Because of my performance I showed them when I raided with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMetzen View Post
    Take it up to guild management and let them know that they're holding you back. That's what I would do.
    Ok and then what? You've told them and that would make everything better?

Sure if you want to leave, I'd tell them instead of quitting right away. And I would specify why I would leave aswell. It is their choice to respect that or not.

I hope you don't want to suggest to give the guild time to sort things to make the situation more to your liking. Because that is never going to happen.

1. guilds do not change over night. You have 19 (if mythic) other people to change.
    2. if the guild does want to make this happen over night, chances are they are going to piss off a lot of members who were ok with that laidback attitude. And suddenly have to work very hard to get raiding

you dont need flask,food for normal or hc.. but u need to know the tactics, i recently left a really shitty attitude guild with a guild master replacing tanks mid progression even when the healers are the problem. and he told us to learn all tactics and not fail basicly 100% oneshot. did that happen nope. guild master failed more then others and healers failed constantly. it was a guild called Complex in Twisting Nether EU horde

Deleted
    Oh no, I did make alot of friends in that guild. Some of the coolest people in all my years playing the game are in that guild.
    But when I offer advice on how to do the boss, different strat's and etc, and it all falls on deaf ears? That's highly disrespectful.
    If you got ignored, they aren't your friends. Sorry.
    And raid consumables being too much? Hello, do what other guilds do and form a community on "hey the herbalist should go pick some herbs and then send it to me because I have the alchemy skill and I can create this stuff!"
    Still too expensive -0 you are talking hours of farming to then chuck it all at some bosses.
    "Hey! All that extra gear I get from heroics/mythic dungeons that I don't need! Maybe I should DE it and save it for enchants for the raiders instead of my greedy ass self"
    Sure. Ofc, if you have players leaving at the first sign of no progress, why would you share?
    And a shit player? That is why I was immediately offered a raid position in the next guild I joined, no trial. Because of my performance I showed them when I raided with them.
    Great. Why are you whinging then?

If you were any good some mythic guild would snap you up.
    Seriously how do you know he is a shitplayer? And why would at this time a guild (just released expansion and the first raidtier) snap him up?
    At this point in time everyone needs to be re-assessed. Mythic guilds don't know at this point who is good or not. They don't know if even their own players are suitable because everyone is relearning their class. At this time Mythic is not even open yet. So they won't know if players are actually good for Mythic. Normal/heroic proves nothing. And most mythic guilds are FULL right now. If their management did all the things they need to start an expansion on good terms... it is a full guild. Roster filled!

So... why don't you take that presumption about his skills someplace else?

Not whining.

Just trying to grasp the logic, or lack there of, of the people on this forum telling me I am shit player for leaving a guild that was holding me back from progressing the way I want to when they wipe to puggable(on the day of release) content.

Here is an example:

If I worked at store A that paid $10 an hour and saw that store B was paying $20 an hour, and they offered me a position there, I would do what any other LOGICAL person would do and drop store A and go to store B.

And if an old co-worker from store A got a job at store C for $30 an hour, I wouldn't be salty. I would be glad for them.

If you got ignored, they aren't your friends. Sorry.
    Oh right because EVERYONE ignored him - and obviously EVERYONE was his friend in the guild
    Still too expensive -0 you are talking hours of farming to then chuck it all at some bosses.
    I think you got a point on the expenses. I wouldn't ask my raiders to buy them for normal or even heroic modes.

Sure. Ofc, if you have players leaving at the first sign of no progress, why would you share?
    Yeah... he left AFTER it was proven that they would not behave a certain way he deemed more efficient. This only proves why he should have left earlier or not even go to that guild in the first place. It does not in fact show any negatives towards him other then making a wrong choice.

He is not whining. He is asking if other players have had a similar experience like him.

Deleted
    Not whining.

Just trying to grasp the logic, or lack there of, of the people on this forum telling me I am shit player for leaving a guild that was holding me back from progressing the way I want to when they wipe to puggable(on the day of release) content.

Here is an example:

If I worked at store A that paid $10 an hour and saw that store B was paying $20 an hour, and they offered me a position there, I would do what any other LOGICAL person would do and drop store A and go to store B.

And if an old co-worker from store A got a job at store C for $30 an hour, I wouldn't be salty. I would be glad for them.
    No, you got criticised for joining the wrong guild.

I even said you should find a hardcore mythic guild. Remember?

Not whining.

Here is an example:

Don't fall into that trap mate. Now they will attack you for guild loyalty etc. While you should not really have any guildloyalty to a guild who you just gotten into, even if you made a lot of friends there. Ultimately it is far better to have an enjoying time doing what you like most then a crap time with "friends".

- - - Updated - - -

No, you got criticised for joining the wrong guild.

I even said you should find a hardcore mythic guild. Remember?
    Actually you said that he should find a hardcore mythic guild - to be the lesser of that guild. Because he is a shitplayer.

Honestly when you first said that, I was looking at it from a perspective that one should ALWAYS find a guild that has better players in it then you are. Preferably so. But well.. you did not mean it like that. So... yeah here I am defending some dude I never even met to your trollspam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Don't fall into that trap mate. Now they will attack you for guild loyalty etc. While you should not really have any guildloyalty to a guild who you just gotten into, even if you made a lot of friends there. Ultimately it is far better to have an enjoying time doing what you like most then a crap time with "friends".
    Of course he shouldn't - but the fact is he joined the wrong guild and then blamed them for not being what he wanted them to be.

Which is daft. His best bet is finding a good mythic team and hanging on their coattails.

Pugging is going to wind him up, most guilds won't be serious enough for him if he wants to chase the progress fairy and if he's a good player he'll be fine.

I just don't get why the salt. He didn't do his homework, thats his fault.

Here you have it folks. Someone with logic.

I can still play the game and be in different guilds then my friends while pursuing my own interests. It's not the end of the fucking world.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course he shouldn't - but the fact is he joined the wrong guild and then blamed them for not being what he wanted them to be.

Which is daft. His best bet is finding a good mythic team and hanging on their coattails.

Pugging is going to wind him up, most guilds won't be serious enough for him if he wants to chase the progress fairy and if he's a good player he'll be fine.

I just don't get why the salt. He didn't do his homework, thats his fault.
    Yes and I admitted that a couple of posts ago.

But if you take the fact that they were 4/13M in HFC. And lets be real here, a majority of players never even step foot into mythic level raids.
    And then they wipe to a very very simple boss in terms of mechanics compared to any fight in MHFC and they still wipe over 8 times to it, on a very very easy difficulty. Then they are all not cracked up to be.

Deleted

Yes and I admitted that a couple of posts ago.

But if you take the fact that they were 4/13M in HFC. And lets be real here, a majority of players never even step foot into mythic level raids.
    And then they wipe to a very very simple boss in terms of mechanics compared to any fight in MHFC and they still wipe over 8 times to it, on a very very easy difficulty. Then they are all not cracked up to be.

Did you join them when they had those 4 as well as HC on farm?

Cos you might have just been fooled by their progress. If you didn't do progression with them to get to 4 bosses mythic down for all you know they might have been wiping on normal hellfire as they are now. They are just the sport of guild that takes time to build up to stuff. Doing some mythics after 18 months of a raid an lots of upgrades isn't really an indicator of much.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMetzen View Post
    I mean, I'm already 7/7 Heroic and have had to file a restraining order against Serenity so that they stop trying to recruit me so I don't understand what kind of point you are trying to make here.
    LOL what has this sentence even got to do with what I said or you said in the post I responded to?

You said that he should talk to his guildmanagement about his issues. And I responded about how that would work out. And now you are suddenly going on about how progressed you are and how other guild(s) are trying to recruit you. What has that got to do with anything?

Did you join them when they had those 4 as well as HC on farm?

Cos you might have just been fooled by their progress. If you didn't do progression with them to get to 4 bosses mythic down for all you know they might have been wiping on normal hellfire as they are now. They are just the sport of guild that takes time to build up to stuff. Doing some mythics after 18 months of a raid an lots of upgrades isn't really an indicator of much.
    No, I joined probably a couple of weeks after the patch dropped.

They were on normal gorefiend, yes, one or two wipes, then on to the next boss, one or two wipes, next boss.
    Did this until around Xhul/Tyrant/Manno/Arch Heroic. Heroic Archimonde was maybe ~15 wipes. But at this point I did not care, as I was just coming back from several years of not playing and was happy and fine with what I was doing.

But one or two wipes per boss from the last tier does not translate to wiping on an almost patchwerk fight where all you have to do is press buttons and then move to a certain point and back every couple of minutes. And then again, it comes down to I tried to tell them, hey do x, hey do y. But its either A) Raid leads way or no way or B) lets just pretend the guy who has done this already doesn't know what he is talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL what has this sentence even got to do with what I said or you said in the post I responded to?

You said that he should talk to his guildmanagement about his issues. And I responded about how that would work out. And now you are suddenly going on about how progressed you are and how other guild(s) are trying to recruit you. What has that got to do with anything?
    that was a troll post.

that tier of guild had their roster set far before the expac even came out, let alone recruit this kid.

Deleted
    No, I joined probably a couple of weeks after the patch dropped.

They were on normal gorefiend, yes, one or two wipes, then on to the next boss, one or two wipes, next boss.
    Did this until around Xhul/Tyrant/Manno/Arch Heroic. Heroic Archimonde was maybe ~15 wipes. But at this point I did not care, as I was just coming back from several years of not playing and was happy and fine with what I was doing.

But one or two wipes per boss from the last tier does not translate to wiping on an almost patchwerk fight where all you have to do is press buttons and then move to a certain point and back every couple of minutes. And then again, it comes down to I tried to tell them, hey do x, hey do y. But its either A) Raid leads way or no way or B) lets just pretend the guy who has done this already doesn't know what he is talking about.
    So, realistically, for all you know they wiped like they are doing now back in HFC, highmaul etc (at first.)

They might have spent the first fortnight wiping like a dishrag and then suddenly "click" they get the fights and its them farmable. Some group sare just like that.

Oh well, best of luck in future i'm done here.

So, realistically, for all you know they wiped like they are doing now back in HFC, highmaul etc (at first.)

They might have spent the first fortnight wiping like a dishrag and then suddenly "click" they get the fights and its them farmable. Some group sare just like that.

Oh well, best of luck in future i'm done here.
    Ciao.
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The good news is we will rapidly be hitting a point when guilds are seeing turnover. People who had a lot of steam at the beginning of the expansion get bored, some realize they don't want to raid, others find it won't fit well with their schedule. Should be plenty of spaces for heroic at the very least.
    Almost as if this happens every first raid tier. You get those either returning players or those that say this expansion they want to raid and they almost always run out of steam and desire right around the first raid tier.
    Also every guild thinks that this will be the expansion they are serious and be a heroic/mythic guild.
    Usually takes the first raid tier for a guild to realize who they are.