Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    I think the main issue to tackle is change the material costs. Going from 2 common herbs to 8 common + 2 uncommon for a potion is a crazy increase on top of the scarcity of the herbs. It should be cut in half at the minimum, maybe even more.
    They could replace the useless second level bonus with reduced mats costs, that would certainly help..

Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    And whoever decided it should be like this can go to hell.
    didnt 3/4 of mmochampion cry about how proffesions were usless and meaningless in wod - this are consequences of that crying and whining

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    More herbs? All the expensive herbs are easily farmed, I dont really get why is it so expensive, when the herb farming is like ten times easier then in previous expansions.
    It was a pain in the ass in Vanilla. It was laughable easy in BC, especially for druids. Same with Wotlk, Cata and MoP, since you could fly at the latest the moment you hit max level. WoD was WoD, it never has been more of a joke before, even without flying.

Now Legion is the first expansion in ages where you actually have to put in a lil bit of effort for grinding, leading to fewer herbs, less supply, great demand, ppl sitting on loads of gold => Hyperinflation for raid stuff. It's the same for gems and enchantments.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Thank Garrisons.

THANKS OBUMMER!
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2016-09-26 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Drop a prof and take herbing or level an alt with herbing. Don't really see what all the fuss is about with one exception. Starlight rose only dropping 1 60% of the time @Rank 2. IMO they need to make it 1 by default and rank 3 lets you get 1-2.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Create Demonhunter
    2) Go to Broken isles
    3) teach him alchemy
    4) farm what you need + make a fortune

I hate twinking but this was easier then I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I played TBC till now.

Not once have I encountered a time when any raiding consumable was above 1000g.

Look at it this way, if the flask lasts 60min, and the price is 1000g.

That means 1000/60 = 16.66 gold every min just for the effect.

Are you crazy?

I do think this is an issue tbh. I can keep up with the consumable cost, but I worry a lot about the players in my guild that can't play 14+ hours a day. Also, if I didn't have to farm herbs, that'd be a lot of extra time I could spend actually playing the game and having fun.

I wouldn't complain one bit if the herb cost for everything in Legion got cut in half.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Why not share this method so everyone can start doing it and tank the prices?
    It is very simple. 2 weeks ago almost nobody was doing it, today it is hard to get 30% of the herbs I was getting, regardless of the hour of the day.

1. get Sky Golem to move quickly, get herb enchant to harvest in 0,5sec
    2. find a spot (preferably a remote one) with tons of spawns within radar distance so you don't have to move
    3. server hop (addon) every 5 seconds and harvest everything that pops

Used to be about 1000 herbs per hour for my top one, it is down to about 200-300/hour on average now. Hordes upon hordes of people doing exactly this are on every good farming spot.

Two major problems most people are getting screwed by.

1. In the past it was advantageous to have two production professions and that has trickled down to this point in history with a lot of people. Either by pure choice or lack of need to change.

Well this might be the scent of coffee in your nose in the morning. Wake up. It might be time to get a supporting gathering profession. You don't earn any stats from your primary production professions anymore so it hurts you in no way to just go and herb / mine a lot of what you need. Or sell it at a more reasonable price for others (u won't, uncut by 1g and still complain about pricing likely).

2. The garrison saturated people with far to much gold and we are feeling it now.

So a lot of people knew this was a problem but since they were cashing in why not keep on going. Because of this the big picture economy runs on 100s of thousands of gold instead of 100s of gold to find success. Sadly this gold really isn't going anywhere either. Most of it just transfers are various market control types that keep prices sky high so that demand is also high (due to lack of availability because of price). These manipulator could be considered a third problem but truth be told it wasn't an issue when select servers had a few to a handful of them. Now every boy that logged in twice a day for a year plus without any new content to run the mission table in WoD has the capital to start such an enterprise. So you have 100s if not more gold guide readers trying to corner markets with their millions of gold they earned doing nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So in conclusion until people wake up and get a gathering profession and blizzard finds a meaningful gold sink beyond a mount this problem will be alive and well. When asking people to change we know that will end in disaster. I mean they are them right. They pay a sub blah blah. Then blizzards chance to do something about it really died when they knew garrisons gave way to much gold but did nothing because it was likely all they had to keep some people around and meaningful gold sinks are a tricky subject. So I say just get used to it. Yeah prices will eventually drop a but but its not going to be 50 to 100g a flask. It's why a world quest worth 1000ish gold pops up almost daily. Not to mention others that can add up to another 1000g. All the garrison earning power is still in the game. You just have to go do it now instead of just click boxes.

It's pretty absurd. The game DESPERATELY needs the blood of Sageras trader now not in 7.1

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    I played TBC till now.

Not once have I encountered a time when any raiding consumable was above 1000g.

Look at it this way, if the flask lasts 60min, and the price is 1000g.

That means 1000/60 = 16.66 gold every min just for the effect.

Are you crazy?
    Don´t forget, that gold ain´t worth what it was. You cannot compare 1000g nowadays with 1000g classic.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Don´t forget, that gold ain´t worth what it was. You cannot compare 1000g nowadays with 1000g classic.
    Still, 6-7k each week just for flasks for an average causal raider is just way too expensive for people who didn't hop on the garrision-gold train back in 6.1

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Still, 6-7k each week just for flasks for an average causal raider is just way too expensive for people who didn't hop on the garrision-gold train back in 6.1
    Then again, some worldquests yield 500-600 gold. Felslate into blacksmith relic into obliterum as well gives you 3k-4k and I do not farm, I just pick up what I find on my way. Not to mention the frequent gold missions in your orderhall.
    Without putting any effort into it, I have a steady income that allows me to buy what I need for the 4 raids a week.

Yes I understand.

But just because I am a millionaire means it is fair for Macdonalds to charge $50 for a meal.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I understand.

But just because I am a millionaire means it is fair for Macdonalds to charge $50 for a meal.
    But if I was amillionair because it was easy to become a millionair, I wouldn´t mind Mcdonalds to charge 50$ for a meal.

I would mind Mcdonalds if it was hard to become a millionair, no matter if I personally was or wasn´t a millionair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMetzen View Post
    I am still using WoD potions because there is NO way I am burning ~2500g per boss pull on potions alone.

Not saying I want another Garrison Herb Garden but I'll have to talk to my designers about introducing a greater supply of mats through dailies!
    7.1 trader will probably decrease prices drastically. Just endure until then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It will fix itself once:
    1. More people take Herbalism.
    2. More people get rank 3 in Herbalism.
    3. People put in more reasonable prices for their herbs.
    4. Blizzard increases the spawn rate and locations.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Yes I understand.

When everyone is a millionaire that's what they can do. If you have no gold just get on the other side of things and start making 70k/h from farming herbs.

Deleted
    Then again, some worldquests yield 500-600 gold. Felslate into blacksmith relic into obliterum as well gives you 3k-4k and I do not farm, I just pick up what I find on my way. Not to mention the frequent gold missions in your orderhall.
    Without putting any effort into it, I have a steady income that allows me to buy what I need for the 4 raids a week.
    Don't get me wrong, but the gold missions give about 130 gold each (not counting bonus rolls), and most of the WQs give about 100g. So you literally have to finish either 10 to 15 class hall mission (each running for about 4 to 12 hours, and are very limited by the number of followers and way too overpriced regarding order hall ressources), or about 15 to 20 of those world quests to even be able to afford one single flask. One. Fucking. Single. Flask..
    Multiply by 6, and you have the bare minimum effort needed to raid. Not even classic was that fucked up.

And don't get me started to talk about those ridiculously overpriced neck enchants (starting at 15 to 20k).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, but the gold missions give about 130 gold each (not counting bonus rolls), and most of the WQs give about 100g. So you literally have to finish either 10 to 15 class hall mission (each running for about 4 to 12 hours, and are very limited by the number of followers and way too overpriced regarding order hall ressources), or about 15 to 20 of those world quests to even be able to afford one single flask. One. Fucking. Single. Flask..
    Multiply by 6, and you have the bare minimum effort needed to raid. Not even classic was that fucked up.

And don't get me started to talk about those ridiculously overpriced neck enchants (starting at 15 to 20k).
    I guess it depends on the mission how much gold it yields, I get that. of course there is a limitation of how many missions you can do, but being able to send single champions or fill up the mission with troops often allows you to clear the whole mission table. I didn´t experience it in weeks, that I couldnt start a mission due to having used up all followers.
    Then again, orderhall missions and worldquests are just toppings. The real deal comes from your professions - no matter if gathering or crafting. As described above, I don´t explicitly farm mats and still manage to sell 1 or 2 obliterum a day.

Need to clarify. I do not say the current situation is great or comfortable. I just say, that it is manageable with next to no effort.

Yes. That is my point. Just because one has millions of gold, doesn't make it right that raiding "necessities" cost astonomical prices.

And that is assuming one HAS millions of gold. I mean, I have enough gold to pay for WoW alone. All I have to do is tank 2 or 3 dungs a day for satchels. each run nets 900+ gold at least.

Ok I put it this way. The WoW token costs avg of 35000 gold. If a flask from AH costs 5k gold, that means that flask is 1/7 the price of a monthly subscription.

NO WAY, IN ANY EXPANSION, PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE, SHOULD ANY FLASK COST such a proportion.