Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wake up guys, ever since the legendary drop bug, you can't be sure anymore that the things in WoW are really random

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Wake up guys, ever since the legendary drop bug, you can't be sure anymore that the things in WoW are really rng
    Even with the bug, it was still rng, just not in the way we thought. People who had legendaries weren't guaranteed another, as many still have only have 1.

Stop bullshitting. This is not RNG. doing 60+ runs no legendary and 1 guy does 1 run and gets his third has nothing to do with rng, but with bugs.
    We know they fixed that you dont have an increased chance of getting one if you already have one. But they apparentely didnt fix the increased chance you have if you already have TWO legendaries.

Deleted
    Any actual proof given, or is just a random person spouting rubbish?

I had 3 weeks off work. I've played pretty religiously and haven't seen a single legendary. Our dh tank tho has gotten 3 now. The only person in our entire guild... And he has 3
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Lmao, from reddit:

and then in 2 months literally no one cared about who got legendaries week 1 of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Any actual proof given, or is just a random person spouting rubbish?
    I've given up on getting proof from them. I think they've started to realize that this isn't something that is in their capabilities to prove, despite what the title says.

But I think we should welcome the speculation that might occur.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    I would encourage you to keep posting these as it'd help the speculation, but it looks like he got those from 2 chests that spawned at the same time. If the loot is determined as soon as the chest spawns, then this has nothing to do with bad luck protection as both of them would've been generated at the same time.

But of course, if loot is determined when you loot the chest itself, then keep posting these as that certainly helps the argument.

Deleted
    I would encourage you to keep posting these as it'd help the speculation, but it looks like he got those from 2 chests that spawned at the same time. If the loot is determined as soon as the chest spawns, then this has nothing to do with bad luck protection as both of them would've been generated at the same time.

But of course, if loot is determined when you loot the chest itself, then keep posting these as that certainly helps the argument.
    It doesn't change the simple fact that something very weird is going on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    So we have totally blasted out spammed Mythic +2/3/4 3 chests in the recent days.

Also done +5/+7 a few times with 1-2 chests.

Even switched DPS alts in/boosted them in ilvl 785ish and other more well geared alts to get keystones and made 3x chestruns with them.

In total I think we have done aprox. 60+ 3chest runs, few +2 and in total including where we puged or split up aprox 110+ in the past days.

We have seen 0 legendarys drop to anyone.

Untill our guildie joins in today. The second hes in, he gets his Third legendary.

This. Is. Not. RNG.

This. Is. Not. Fixd.

I do not envy him, hes a guildie and its superfun for him, it will really be beneficial for our raid that he got 3 to switch around with.

Its not fun to fight a broken system tho.
    It is not a broken system, it is simply just pure RNG... Which i will say is the problem. I don't think that legendary items should be pure RNG anymore. I like it to be RNG for the first legendary you get, but after that, it is insane to just keep giving legendaries to people, who already have legendaries.

I would love for Blizzard to implement a system, where people who already have a legendary, has a reduced chance of legendary. While i have finally gotten myself a legendary, it is quite spirit breaking to see people get 2 or 3 legendaries, when you only have 0. Blizzard said, that most people, who played everyday for quite a while, would get a legendary. That is not the cache though. I have about 10 members in my guild, who play 5-6 hours a day. They clear all availible mythic dungeons each week and have done every daily emissary mission. We have even cleared EN and yet we are only 2 people with legendaries.

I like that there is gear in the game which is rare and powerful, but when you have noway of farming them, even with dusins of hours then it just becomes frustrating. I really hope that there is some weekly increased drop chance for players, who don't have a legendary, because the thought of some people never getting a legendary might create more stress then joy.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    its a conspiracy guys, blizzard are purposely keeping the legendaries from you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Again: random does not mean there isn't a fixed chance.
    Fixed chance that is based on whether you already received something isn't random. Random is whether the ball lands on red, black, or green. Fixed chance is increased odds that it lands on red since it hasn't in the last 15 times or lessened chance to land on red since it has in the last 15 times. Either way, those aren't pure RNG, those are modified probabilities which is not equal across the board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    It doesn't change the simple fact that something very weird is going on.
    It seems that way, which is a good thing for anyone who think it's bugged again. This is what we should've had from the get-go. Just imagine if the thread stated that this was merely speculation, albeit strong speculation, and rather than speak of 1 incident that could be viewed as isolated, it posted all of the information we have now. Seems that it would've been a much better approach.

But keep in mind, this could still just be players being insanely lucky.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-09-26 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    But keep in mind, this could still be just players being insanely lucky.
    If it would happen to one player only we could think that, but as it seems to happen to a decent number of players (as compared to what the odds are) we can surely rule that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Lmao, from reddit:
    Exact same thing happened to me, double mythic+4 chest in Eye of Azshara.

Can't post links on this account yet, but I made a reddit post somewhere.

I don't know what's more funny : Yet another guy making a fool of himself because he don't understand RNG or yet another guy making a fool of himself because he think he know what the Leg fix was about...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    If it would happen to one player only we could think that, but as it seems to happen to a decent number of players (as compared to what the odds are) we can surely rule that out.
    But the issue is, we can't properly make that distinction. Sure, a handful of player have gotten their second legendaries and beyond even after the fix, but compared to what? Do we have the number for players who haven't received a legendary yet? Do we have a number for players who have gotten two leegndaries since the fix? In order for the handful to seem significant, you must be comparing it to something.

Personally, I don't think there are as many people obtaining these additional legendaries (since the fix) as some would like to believe. At least not anywhere close to the degree that I saw prior to the "fix".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mupod View Post
    Exact same thing happened to me, double mythic+4 chest in Eye of Azshara.

Can't post links on this account yet, but I made a reddit post somewhere.
    You were posted earlier in this thread. I was quite jealous. Grats.

Page 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    I don't know what's more funny : Yet another guy making a fool of himself because he don't understand RNG or yet another guy making a fool of himself because he think he know what the Leg fix was about...
    The fix was for the fact that once you had a legendary item, you were more likely to get a second/3rd/4th....how is the OP saying something different? He is saying that the fix hasn't worked and those who already got a legendary are still getting the higher chance of more.

Also, it is kind of amusing that people are saying the *exact same* thing people said last time 'Oh it's RNG...its random..you're an idiot because you don't understand'.....then a week later Blizz came out and admitted there was a problem.

I've only done one mythic+2 it was Wardens. Took 2 hours, I kid you not.

I looted Heathcliffes Immortality.

Worth it.

Deleted
    I'm still waiting for my first legendary as well. Be patient, enjoy the game. You will have progress on gear etc even before you get a legendary.