Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It is a bit strange that this RNG thing works too well for some and not at all for others.

Somehow, the people in my guild who got a legendary got their second (and last evening, one of them got his third).

Some of us ( myself included ) got zero.

It's not suspicious when you don't win the lottery. What it suspicious when the same guy wins a second time, then the lottery system is "hotfixed" and he wins for the third time. Might be RNG, but...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Also, it is kind of amusing that people are saying the *exact same* thing people said last time 'Oh it's RNG...its random..you're an idiot because you don't understand'.....then a week later Blizz came out and admitted there was a problem.
    It's about as amusing as people who blindly accept it.

There's no harm in asking for proof, in a thread that states there is proof, or at the very least, a sample size larger than 1 incident, which is all we saw in the first post.

And it is RNG. It was RNG before the fix as well. Or do you think it was a 100% drop rate for people to get legendaries if they already had one?

Deleted
    So i just got my second legendary on my alt and 0 on my main.

RNG sucks.

The game has been out for less than a month, stop the QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    The game has been out for less than a month, stop the QQ.
    People are using the thread to pool their experiences. That's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    "You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is. It's far easier to make things random with a chance than it is to find a way to ensure x-number-of-people get it.
    its not completely random, there is a system making sure youll get your legendary eventually and this can be bugged in numerous ways that could make people with legendaries get even more legendaries.

and if you consider how many people are reporting that they know more people with 2+ legendaries than with 1, its kinda naive to to just say rng is rng.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-09-26 at 11:30 AM.

I'm still waiting for my 2nd legendary to drop.. I got it the first week of playing my hunter, haven't had anything since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    I'm still waiting for my 2nd legendary to drop.. I got it the first week of playing my hunter, haven't had anything since.
    This whole discussion is silly and this post is just as much proof that it is random as OPs post is proof that it's bugged....

Deleted
    Nothing to see here, just taking two legendaries in a row for a walk

Plenty of folks in this thread wouldn't have believed the initial bug even existed if there wasn't a blue post about it, so it stands to reason that they'd think any other potential issues with the system would just fall under the "it's just rng" category.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    itt we learn that humans are bad at understanding probability

the drop chance of legendaries is extremely low; many chances at an extremely low success rate will still yield an extremely low success rate. The bug that blizzard claims they fixed (high chance of getting 2nd/3rd/etc legs) may or may not actually be fixed, but that has no impact on your chance of getting the first one. And even if it is indeed fixed, people would still be getting second and third drops. Streaks happen in random distributions and in fact are a data point that the process is indeed random; if no one was getting second or third drops that would be persuasive evidence that the drop chance was in fact not random.
    Yes, that is all true. However, in any random distribution the numbers of repeat events will be increasingly small. If about 1 in 50 have 1 legendary at this point in the expansion, you would expect about 1 in 2500 to have a second, 1 in 125k to have 3, etc. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the number of legendary drops within the group of people who have legendaries is still significantly higher than in the population at large. I can't comment on whether that is true or not, we only have 1 legendary in our guild. Only Bizzard know the numbers, and if it is still broken I'm sure they'll fix it eventually. The legendaries themselves are not going to be excessively game breaking when people start getting titanforged M+10 gear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    People are using the thread to pool their experiences. That's a good thing.
    by experiences, you mean crying they haven't got a legendary when the game has been out less than 30 days? alright, I can see how its a good thing. /s

Deleted
    It is RNG. There is no guarantee anyone will get one. It's possible to have very, very bad luck or luck that seems odd or coincidental. Our minds need to find a pattern, a reason to explain things even if one doesn't exist.

Also, what @Vegas82 said.
    IT IS NOT RNG get that through your thick skull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Do you guys always believe everything that comes out of Blizzards mouth?
    Darsithis is a brown nosing blizzard cuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Nothing to see here, just taking two legendaries in a row for a walk
    Totally normal.........darsithis get that blizzard cock out of your mouth.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-26 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

You cannot prove anything with such a small data set.
    Another brown noser.

We know the system is buggy, they admitted it you blizzard cuck.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-26 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    IT IS NOT RNG get that through your thick skull.

- - - Updated - - -

Darsithis is a brown nosing blizzard cuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally normal.........darsithis get that blizzard cock out of your mouth.
    Really dude, if your going to try to insult someone at lease know what your talking about.

It is in fact by definition RNG.
    RNG stands for random number generator. It's basically the chances of getting an item to drop.
    Anyone saying different is ether clueless or trolling.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Another brown noser.

I've not recieved any legendary items, so I'm a little annoyed that the RNG system was so broken to give some users a huge advantage so early on.

Blizzard claims to have fixed the system and we have no reason to believe otherwise. There is no grand conspiracy, no need for the tinfoil hats.

Nice personal insults to back up your total lack of empirical evidence, though.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    they said it was RNG before ppl called out em on that is was bugged as fuck

A guildie gotten 2 legendaries in 24h time span >_>
    Also had 2 guildies get 2 legendaries in a 24hr time span

So my guild consists of a group of about 20 friends who half of them have alts that they play frequently. Not a single person has gotten a legendary. We have ran countless normals, heroics, mythics, mythic+, cleared raid on normal on mains and alts, WQs, you name it. Still not a single legendary.

Another brown noser.

How come I haven't received my second, third or even fourth legendary then? I got my first legendary within the first week of Legion, nothing since, and I've done a shit ton of mythic dungeons and mythic+ dungeons. My gear is 858. If there's truly a bug, I don't get why I'm stuck with just 1 after all this playing. I also did all of normal EN and about half of EN hc.

I'm not "brown-nosing" or claiming it's all RNG, I'd just like to know when I can loot my next legendaries.
    Last edited by K4sk; 2016-09-26 at 01:31 PM.

"You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is. It's far easier to make things random with a chance than it is to find a way to ensure x-number-of-people get it.
    It's not random, if there's a misery timer than its really not random. I think the misery timer isn't in the game though or the code is still fucked