Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    If the mods actually deleted threads based on the stupidity of their opening posts this site would have less than 100 threads on it.

OP needs to git gud
    Yeah I know I suck, only have 7/7 hc and mythic+6 as arcane. I am sure everyone talking here from their high horse is playing for top20 guilds.
    Or maybe you need to get good if you have no freaking idea how to play fire if you really believe it is not overpowered.

dude go borrow a fire mage from someone in your l33t guild and try to pull those overpowered numbers you keep talking about.
    you have no clue whatsoever.

A mage spec will always be near the top in dps...do you know what game you're playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Yeah I know I suck, only have 7/7 hc and mythic+6 as arcane. I am sure everyone talking here from their high horse is playing for top20 guilds.
    Or maybe you need to get good if you have no freaking idea how to play fire if you really believe it is not overpowered.
    I wouldn't know. I wasn't the one who decided to play a spec that was known for 8 months to be miles behind Fire but please keep spouting horrible hyperbole. Also stop acting like +6 means you're good at anything.

You cannot be simultaneously worthy of your game achievements and spouting such a fragile lampoon.

Or else relevance might keep escaping you.

A troll scent, we should have known better.

Am i the only one who realizes that in every expansion as a mage, we end up playing all 3 specs as the "best" spec during the entire expansion. Like I have been playing mage for sooooo long now, and Ive been main spec Fire, Frost or Arcane so much, that I have lost count. Granted, Frost being a viable PvE spec (Raiding) was relatively new compared to fire and Arcane. However, I still remember Arcane being top spec sometimes, and Fire, and Frost actually (Last time I raided was Siege or Orgrimmar, and there was definitely a time where Frost was top). So just relax, we'll be playing all 3 specs, just let Fire have it's time because it has pretty much never happened that all 3 specs, let alone 2 were equally viable. Also NT spam Arcane is such a terrible playstyle so I welcome Fire. Im not even going to get into the fact that there are way better dps on AoE, than fire mages. LB is good when you have a ton of small adds that spawn on a boss fight, Like on Illgynoth, but honestly, LB felt pretty worthless on that fight, since they die so quickly. So you are either complaining about stat padding, or blowing this way out of proportion

Jumping to each other's throat serves no purpose. Please behave.

I smell somethings salty in the air.

Well, mage will always be top dps, always have, always will..

They always have 1 or more spec that is OP

So its not very suprising at all

Why would you as a mage, want another mage spec to be nerfed.

Makes no sense to me, hope for buffs instead. (Which you got)

Deleted
    Hmm that is a good question.

Though the absence of buffs can be seen as indirect nerfs, but for that to be a good enough reason there need to be a few more buffs to some classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    You are probably still living in WoD. Fire is far away from top - rogues, ferals, warriors, hunters, dhs are all above us.
    Fire AOE - lolwut? We have just one spell - Living Bomb with long CD - that's all AOE we actually have ... well and somewhat average cleave due to Ignite.
    I'd say Fire mages should be even buffed - if not ST, but AOE at least. Retarded Aftershocks should definitely hit for full Flamestrike power.
    You cannot sit there and scream for AoE buffs while a class in your same archetype, shadow priest, sits there with no aoe whatsoever, lower single target damage, and lower burst.

Especially when shadow is being nerfed, which is fucking beyond me.

Let me explain you something really quick.

Why are you a mage? there others class doing very well like DHs.

and then you come with "Oh men, but i want to be a mage".

well, if you want to be a mage, and you want to be arcane, go arcane, if you go fire only because its better, then go a better class too.

tl;dr: Play what you enjoy. you will still be able to do the DPS needed.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Let me explain you something really quick.

Why are you a mage? there others class doing very well like DHs.

and then you come with "Oh men, but i want to be a mage".

well, if you want to be a mage, and you want to be arcane, go arcane, if you go fire onyl because its better, then go a better class too.
    DH is a bad example considering they're being buried tomorrow.

Deleted
    Yep, at least shadow and havoc can go a diff dps spec.

Oh wait.

Yep, tomorrow, i wasnt beign literally specific.

i picked up DH veng instead of warrior prot. and warrior prot you know is broken. even before knowing about the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Belturone View Post
    You cannot be simultaneously worthy of your game achievements and spouting such a fragile lampoon.

Or else relevance might keep escaping you.

A troll scent, we should have known better.

What achievements are you talking about? 7/7 hc should be doable with any class any specc in a semi decent raid, so should mythic +6.

People are still arguing the same logic; either
    A) but other classes (melees) are also overpowered or
    B) if we nerf fire than we have no viable specc left
    or maybe
    C) it's your fault if you do not fotm the right specc/class

to A: you compare melees to melees, not to casters. Casters get compared to other range dps. And yes, hunters would also need a nerf to bring them down to where the other 7 speccs are.
    B: you are misunderstanding between "viable" and overpowered. You can nerf firemage so they still have their niche where they shine; just letting them shine at everything makes them too strong. Let it be cleave fights. Or movement fights. Or maybe burst. But not all of them + single target standstill fights.
    Here again, comparing range DPS speccs, not the melee zergfest.

C: you also like blaming the victim in a crime? We all know that blizzard announced balance changes only after they have more data, so the argument: "should have played blabla" is stupid, look at what happened to demon hunters. Unless they keep things like on the PTR and announce that they are not gonna change things, balance is made during content.

So maybe you people should try getting of your high horses with stupid bullshit arguments and either articulate why a fire nerf would not be justified regarding mythic+ dungeons and hc/mythic raid content, or articulate why you believe that a situation with big balance disparity is better than real balance with more niches where each specc can shine.

Most of the arguments here are coming from: "But I rerolled firemage and i dont want it nerfed because i put all my artifact power in the weapon" Which is a fine feeling, fire should be viable to play, no question. But turning it down so it does not better than most speccs in all imaginative situations can not be that hard.

So far, arcane only is better at 5+ target, mostly standstill long lasting close range aoe so your aluneth and arcane explosion spam can hit. And we all know that this happens all the time in a real raid/dungeon environment -_-
    facepalm

Hunters aren't though.

Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    it is far easier to rebalance those few underperforming caster specs than to nerf the only viable atm into uselessness, because then you might as well bring hunters and melee into everything and be done with it.
    The mental gymnastics you have to perform to come out with a statement like this is quite impressive. No raid leader in the world would sit a mage in favor of more melee.

Every other spec that was performing as an outlier on a given encounter, except for fire and feral, was nerfed. Havoc was hit on both AOE and ST, shadow on AOE and ST, arms on ST, but fire is/was in with these specs on being an outlier and it escaped any nerfs. That is understandable, because Mage, but I do find it curious that feral escaped nerfs despite having almost identical performance (if you discount the 99th percentile) to arms in every fight.

Bottom line is that you don't need to come up with lame excuses to defend your class/spec; Blizzard will do that for you. If you aren't the best at something Blizzard will step in and make you the best at it. If I were you I would just stay silent and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Hoeth; 2016-09-26 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    What achievements are you talking about? 7/7 hc should be doable with any class any specc in a semi decent raid, so should mythic +6.

People are still arguing the same logic; either
    A) but other classes (melees) are also overpowered or
    B) if we nerf fire than we have no viable specc left
    or maybe
    C) it's your fault if you do not fotm the right specc/class

to A: you compare melees to melees, not to casters. Casters get compared to other range dps. And yes, hunters would also need a nerf to bring them down to where the other 7 speccs are.
    B: you are misunderstanding between "viable" and overpowered. You can nerf firemage so they still have their niche where they shine; just letting them shine at everything makes them too strong. Let it be cleave fights. Or movement fights. Or maybe burst. But not all of them + single target standstill fights.
    Here again, comparing range DPS speccs, not the melee zergfest.

C: you also like blaming the victim in a crime? We all know that blizzard announced balance changes only after they have more data, so the argument: "should have played blabla" is stupid, look at what happened to demon hunters. Unless they keep things like on the PTR and announce that they are not gonna change things, balance is made during content.

So maybe you people should try getting of your high horses with stupid bullshit arguments and either articulate why a fire nerf would not be justified regarding mythic+ dungeons and hc/mythic raid content, or articulate why you believe that a situation with big balance disparity is better than real balance with more niches where each specc can shine.

Most of the arguments here are coming from: "But I rerolled firemage and i dont want it nerfed because i put all my artifact power in the weapon" Which is a fine feeling, fire should be viable to play, no question. But turning it down so it does not better than most speccs in all imaginative situations can not be that hard.

So far, arcane only is better at 5+ target, mostly standstill long lasting close range aoe so your aluneth and arcane explosion spam can hit. And we all know that this happens all the time in a real raid/dungeon environment -_-
    facepalm
    except that wont solve anything, should frost and arcane be viable? ofc they should but should fire be nerfed to their lvl? no, all that would achieve was for mages to have 3 bad specs, making them worthless, the fact of the matter is that fire mages atm is the benchmark that other ranged dps is compared to, and frost and arcane should be buffed to fire's lvl, as a mage to ask for nerfs to fire is utterly idiotic bcoz it would weaken the class as a whole and that is definately not the way to go and ppl that do are simply petty and egotistical.