Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My DPS sucks, SOS! (outlaw rogue)

these are the logs from out first week of raiding

I'm an 847 outlaw rogue. The other rogue in guild is seriously destroying my dps and I'm about to be benched over it.

Help!

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dGK7NXyJwLgczrkt/

let me know if I need to provide any enough info. In WOD I topped charts as combat, haven't played in about a year, and am getting my booty spanked

edit: my character's name is kimkbuttpix on those logs
    Last edited by Pinksocking; 2016-09-26 at 01:54 PM.

Just looking at it quickly the other rogue did almost twice the number RT as you did. But you did basically the same amount of SS. So either you got unlucky with rolls (which you should reroll anyway) or you are using SS when you are capped at full combo points. Also you should have higher uptime on RtB.

What I do is abuse MfD on the small ichors dying in front of the eye to get out a massive amount if RTs.

1. Please don't use rape in that context, it sounds horrible. In General - don't say it.

2. You don't seem to be fishing for buffs with Roll the bones. We try to get at least one of the 2 good buffs. If not we reroll and search for 2+ buffs. See below:

we wish to fish for any 2+ buffs. This means, that if you get less than 2 buff, you should reroll as soon as possible. If you roll one buff, then check following steps:
    - If It’s True Bearing or Shark Infested Waters, keep True Bearing.
    - If It is Shark Infested Waters, and It is not during Adrenaline Rush or Curse of the Dreadblades, then re-roll.
    True Bearing +/ Shark Infested Waters is the most powerful buffs in an opener.

3. We keep up Ghostly strike 100% you chose the wrong talent in the first row.

4. Your trinkets have hast. Which is our worst stat. Vers > Crit > Mastery > haste as a general rule. These might change depending on gear. You will have to sim.

In General you are probably losing a lot of DPS because you are not using roll the bones correctly and are not using ghostly strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    1. Please don't use rape in that context, it sounds horrible. In General - don't say it.

2. You don't seem to be fishing for buffs with Roll the bones. We try to get at least one of the 2 good buffs. If not we reroll and search for 2+ buffs. See below:

we wish to fish for any 2+ buffs. This means, that if you get less than 2 buff, you should reroll as soon as possible. If you roll one buff, then check following steps:
    - If It is Shark Infested Waters, and It is not during Adrenaline Rush or Curse of the Dreadblades, then re-roll.

4. Your trinkets have hast. Which is our worst stat. Vers > Crit > Mastery > haste as a general rule. These might change depending on gear. You will have to sim.

In General you are probably losing a lot of DPS because you are not using roll the bones correctly and are not using ghostly strike.
    I disagree with this. I do not use Ghostly strike at all during this fight. I find the adds die to fast to make it beneficial, and instead opt to use Swordmaster for the superior AoE

The other dude also had two 6-procs. You can't compete with that easily. And what the others said.

Deleted

Ghostly strike should not make that big a difference, I'm using Quick Draw and i'm doing fine on DPS

1. don't tell people what words to use in their sentences. If you have a problem with it disregard and do not reply.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-26 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    1. You had 71 opportunity procs, but you used pistol shot only 28 times, it was also up 60% of the fight which means you don't use them nearly enough.
    2. You casted Adrenaline Rush 5 times less, but 5 casts is alot considering he had 60% and you had 40% uptime on true bearing
    3. You only used one adrenaline rush/cursed combo during the burst phases on the boss, while he had 2.

Don't give advice if it's bad advice. And please keep the sensitive snowflake SJW stuff on reddit.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-26 at 03:23 PM.

Your haste is REALLY REALLY high, that's really no good at all.

Almost all of your RTB's were pretty bad, you also let RTB buffs fall for few moments, and you also let Alacrity fall, which is a really big deal, when on downtime during the eye, waiting for adds, just attack the eye and build up CP's to keep rerolling until you get something good.

Also to Dieselol, I'm quite sure Swordmaster isn't TOO far behind ghostly strike, and it's also takes less skill to use.

Overall, don't let your Alacrity stacks drop mid fight, fish for better buffs more often, and keep running mythics for crit/vers gear.

You had 77 RT casts on that fight, the other rogue had almost double that amount, consider RT is roughly 40% of our entire damage. Also, you had 71 Opportunity procs and only used 28 Pistol shots...like...wtf?

The other rogue also had double your AR casts. I'd chalk some of it up to RNG, but as others have mentioned the other rogue doubled your RT casts and RT is a huge amount of Outlaw dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoin View Post
    Just looking at it quickly the other rogue did almost twice the number RT as you did. But you did basically the same amount of SS. So either you got unlucky with rolls (which you should reroll anyway) or you are using SS when you are capped at full combo points. Also you should have higher uptime on RtB.

What I do is abuse MfD on the small ichors dying in front of the eye to get out a massive amount if RTs.
    I think this is what the difference is between you 2, mfd usage. Using MFD on trash mobs\adds creates a huge dps boost.

I also use vanish a bit more, if I get energy starved outer if I'm at 4cp and energy starved, vanish + ambush is a reliable 2 point build, pass I then have rt with a possible 2cp + ss and PS as a quick build back up to 5 or 6 Cp. And I come out with better energy because of free PS. Also always bring thistle tea.

And while it may not be general opinion, I find stalling too long fishing with rtb feels like a loss. Losing out on one CotDB/AR over a fight definitely feels like a loss.

I also know that likes others current stat weighting feels, broken. I think ilvl is the current king of stats. Running really high hate doesn't feel right either. If you pull up current bis lists and add the stats, vers is at the bottom by a larger margin.

Deleted
    Start gearing Sub weps - Outlaw is going to the pits.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-27 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Start gearing Sub weps - Outlaw is going to the pits.
    Don't blame your own inadequacy on the spec kthx.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Don't blame your own inadequacy on the spec kthx.
    Sorry? Where did I mention my own DPS? bye

Deleted
    I'm in a similar boat as op. I simply can't understand how to pull any consistency out of this spec. I know how it works but is there even a way to prevent bad luck? I often find myself rerolling 3-4 even 5 times fishing for buffs, but more often than not I keep getting single or low tier buffs which totally drain my dps when it happens. It's a little easier on the opener but as soon as adrenaline / curse of the dreadblades runs out, it's a strong possibility that I'll find myself at a ridiculous dps loss due to the buffs I've gotten. Especially in mythic+ where it comes down to a lot of instantaneous and consistent / burst dps I'm sometimes watching myself doing nothing trying to get 2 buffs (and before it comes up: yes I do know how to utilize MfD). What do I do in those situations, do I just keep trying until I'll eventually hit 2 buffs? Furthermore, assuming I get 2 buffs after a higher than average amount of tries, wouldn't that negate the benefit of the 2 buffs seeing that it took me a lot of time and combo points to generate them?

I usually play both Assa/Outlaw and definitely prefer Assa by a long shot but since I'm locked to one spec doing mythic+ I tend to go with Outlaw as it's simply stronger for the purpose of rushing instances with heavy cleave. I want to like the spec but it can be so frustrating to see other classes beat the shit out of me at times just because their rotations are built on some sort of consistency whereas Outlaw dps can sometimes have a flat 50k dps variance just due to the rolls I've gotten throughout a fight... or I simply suck at Outlaw which is also a strong possibility
    Last edited by mmoc21de907692; 2016-09-26 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Sorry? Where did I mention my own DPS? bye
    "Outlaw is going to the pits"

4. Your trinkets have hast. Which is our worst stat. Vers > Crit > Mastery > haste as a general rule. These might change depending on gear. You will have to sim
    Well, are you 100% sure about this? A few days ago my character had like 0% haste. Without 20 stacks of Alacrity and if I didn't have my burst CDs up to gain them, the rotation felt way too clumsy and slow.
    So I made a conclusion you either need some % of haste, or imba-haste trinket like Chaos talisman or Bloodthirsty Instinct (thats why them sim so high. We are picking gear with vers/crit and those trinkets compensate the lack of haste) . I am pretty sure, the weight of haste becomes A LOT significant, when you don't have it at all.

I am also intersted is there any kind of "softcaps" guide to this thing? The stat which modifies our gameplay the strongest way must have some respect :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyzor View Post
    Well, are you 100% sure about this? A few days ago my character had like 0% haste. Without 20 stacks of Alacrity and if I didn't have my burst CDs up to gain them, the rotation felt way too clumsy and slow.
    So I made a conclusion you either need some % of haste, or imba-haste trinket like Chaos talisman or Bloodthirsty Instinct (thats why them sim so high. We are picking gear with vers/crit and those trinkets compensate the lack of haste) . I am pretty sure, the weight of haste becomes A LOT significant, when you don't have it at all.

I am also intersted is there any kind of "softcaps" guide to this thing? The stat which modifies our gameplay the strongest way must have some respect :P
    im at 11% haste. Will go for 15% atleast. 260k dps without food/prepot/flask. 25 Mill Dmg during hearthphase at eye boss.