Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    Not OP, but thank-you. Someone right here who I won't blatantly flame. Why? Because he gets it.

Yes I poorly selected a guild. But they were very very misleading. We got to 4/13M in the last patch before poor attendance issues started to hinder our progress in HFC. Which I was fine with, because between pre-patch dropping and EN opening we recruited ALOT of very "hopeful" players. Here is a quote from their wowprogress page " The guild's scope is limited and very simple. We are not a hardcore raiding guild, but we do take progression raiding seriously."

They were by no means hardcore (4/13M) but that last line, that very tiny winy last line.

You don't research fights.
    You don't come to the raid with flasks.
    Don't don't come with potions.
    You don't come enchanted.
    You don't come with food buffs.
    You don't come to the raid knowing what your class has to offer and how to utilize those abilites.

On the other hand.
    I came with a full stack of flasks.
    A stack of potions (the prices were stupid insane)
    I came with MULTIPLE stacks of the max food buff for my toon.
    I was fully enchanted (+200's, neck enchant)
    I was full gemmed.
    I had taken the time to research the fights.

Your version and my version of "taking progression raiding seriously" is vastly different then.

With prior knowledge of the fights, and how they played out, and then my advice falls on deaf ears?
    I could have been a dick about it and not come entirely, but instead I decided to come along and do it with them. Even though I was already loot locked on every single boss. It wasn't about gear, because getting mad over loot stuff is very childish. At that point it was about respect. And so I did what I hope any person who is serious about raiding would do, is gquit. Because if I can literally pull together a pug on the night of release at about 2AM-3AM (US time) and using nothing but the in-game chat to coordinate everything and down that content. But a guild who can't do it with vent and at normal raiding hours?
    Sorry not the guild for me.

Yeah at that point in time, you are not only wasting my time, but you are wasting my materials in which I have bought with the gold I spent TIME to make.
    You should really find a mythic guild. When one advertises as friendly no drama guild it usually means progression is not the main objective, even if they will do it, eventually, slowly. During quick progression there will be some drama (even if minimal) so ... you can't have both ))

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, I did make alot of friends in that guild. Some of the coolest people in all my years playing the game are in that guild.
    But when I offer advice on how to do the boss, different strat's and etc, and it all falls on deaf ears? That's highly disrespectful.

And raid consumables being too much? Hello, do what other guilds do and form a community on "hey the herbalist should go pick some herbs and then send it to me because I have the alchemy skill and I can create this stuff!"

"Hey! All that extra gear I get from heroics/mythic dungeons that I don't need! Maybe I should DE it and save it for enchants for the raiders instead of my greedy ass self"

And a shit player? That is why I was immediately offered a raid position in the next guild I joined, no trial. Because of my performance I showed them when I raided with them.
    WTF, no guild I ever was in took people's crafting mats for the good of the guild. At most after a long tier the guild had enough gold (selling runs/gear/mounts) that it bought mats/flasks for the first few raids, that's all. And this isn't greed, it's common sense.

Deleted
    Perfectly normal. Just be patient - or if you are annoyed by it - change into a more "hardcore" team. This is up to you.

And yes, we have the same thing. My Mythic Dungeon Team is almost at 850 and some people were just getting into Heroic Dungeons - it's just how it goes if you play a little more casual. Still went up to Xavius Normal last Thursday and will be probably killing him today.

No, I joined probably a couple of weeks after the patch dropped.

They were on normal gorefiend, yes, one or two wipes, then on to the next boss, one or two wipes, next boss.
    Did this until around Xhul/Tyrant/Manno/Arch Heroic. Heroic Archimonde was maybe ~15 wipes. But at this point I did not care, as I was just coming back from several years of not playing and was happy and fine with what I was doing.

But one or two wipes per boss from the last tier does not translate to wiping on an almost patchwerk fight where all you have to do is press buttons and then move to a certain point and back every couple of minutes. And then again, it comes down to I tried to tell them, hey do x, hey do y. But its either A) Raid leads way or no way or B) lets just pretend the guy who has done this already doesn't know what he is talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

that was a troll post.

that tier of guild had their roster set far before the expac even came out, let alone recruit this kid.
    One or two wipes on normal/heroic after almost a year of killing them is a really bad sign. You know what farm means? You clear it in at most 1 evening, 1-2 wipes total cause people play overwatch trying not to fall asleep. Or decide they want top logs and don't move, at all )

Oh I am so sorry. 3 weeks. If it takes you 3 weeks to re-learn how to play your character then you are doing something wrong.
    Also, rotations were changed, but they didn't get any harder, in fact they got a hell of a lot easier. Nice try though. sneaky sneaky.
    Three weeks for who though? You claim you don't want to be in a elite guild or even top 500 but you have the wanna be attitude down pat don't you? Three weeks for some can and should be enough to learn thier class but not for all. With your attitude you should be in a top guild. Also, you do know some classes are just bad right now? Or didn't you know that? Or maybe you don't know everything? You do know most of the ranged specs except Mage are crap right now right? And pally dps spec is crap too. So even if they know thier rotation it might not matter and not being a mythic raid team people might be playing the class they like versus the op class of the moment.

Finally you still don't seem to know what progression is. Wiping and learning from those wipes is indeed progression. Running thru and one shotting everything isn't. Seems to me you just want to faceroll thru everything and if your raid team starts to wipe you want to bale. Can't wait till you do it to your current team. Also you still haven't explained why you didn't join your friends guild in the first place? I bet you wanted to be a big fish in a small pond right?

Alot of people may like being the best at something.

But alot of other people, myself included do not.

Being the best at something means there is nothing to works towards. Nothing new to learn.

I for one, love working towards something, and LOVE learning new things.
    Being the best means always getting better. And trust me, there's nobody who's always "the best". Always someone better.
    You got things wrong, you become the best by always trying, always learning, always improving.

Quote Originally Posted by dakalro View Post
    You should really find a mythic guild. When one advertises as friendly no drama guild it usually means progression is not the main objective, even if they will do it, eventually, slowly. During quick progression there will be some drama (even if minimal) so ... you can't have both ))

- - - Updated - - -

WTF, no guild I ever was in took people's crafting mats for the good of the guild. At most after a long tier the guild had enough gold (selling runs/gear/mounts) that it bought mats/flasks for the first few raids, that's all. And this isn't greed, it's common sense.
    They did back in vanilla which I think this guy is talking about. Some players back the to get into better known guilds would do that for the raid team hoping one day to get a spot on the raid team. They could also say they were in such and such guild but no one cares about that anymore.

I am currently in a very casual guild. I don't raid myself anymore. But those that do, are lacking materials in various raidconsumables. So they ask for contributions towards their cause.

It is not like this is mandatory. And if it is mandatory to "hand over" your materials, I would leave that guild. I seriously piss on guilds that require something like that. What about my professions? I need to level those. And any serious guild has a lot of gold in the guildbank. So they should be able to pay for those.

But management asking for donations is not something that should be frowned upon. And I would think that everyone (raiding) could donate a little. And if everyone donates a little, it becomes a huge thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    They did back in vanilla which I think this guy is talking about. Some players back the to get into better known guilds would do that for the raid team hoping one day to get a spot on the raid team. They could also say they were in such and such guild but no one cares about that anymore.
    Yeah that was fun. It was more or less like those players were in the "friendzone". As they never really got a shot because they were piss poor at playing except farming. That they could do.

Three weeks for who though? You claim you don't want to be in a elite guild or even top 500 but you have the wanna be attitude down pat don't you? Three weeks for some can and should be enough to learn thier class but not for all. With your attitude you should be in a top guild. Also, you do know some classes are just bad right now? Or didn't you know that? Or maybe you don't know everything? You do know most of the ranged specs except Mage are crap right now right? And pally dps spec is crap too. So even if they know thier rotation it might not matter and not being a mythic raid team people might be playing the class they like versus the op class of the moment.

Finally you still don't seem to know what progression is. Wiping and learning from those wipes is indeed progression. Running thru and one shotting everything isn't. Seems to me you just want to faceroll thru everything and if your raid team starts to wipe you want to bale. Can't wait till you do it to your current team. Also you still haven't explained why you didn't join your friends guild in the first place? I bet you wanted to be a big fish in a small pond right?
    You are a real fucking idiot if you think every ranged spec except Mages is crap.

I have a warlock in my guild that regularly is in top 5.
    MM Hunters are beyond godly in the new raid.
    I've seen many Ret paladins do very good numbers.
    Stop using the fucking crutch "oh xyz class is bad right now". Learn to play or don't play at all.

I'm done taking anything you say into consideration after the "Mage only good ranged spec" comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Alot of guilds still currently do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You're probably better off pugging. Got to 7/7 normal on the first day the raid came out thanks to getting a few decent pugs. Maybe keep an alt if you still want to raid with your guildies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately finding a guild with a mindset like you is the only option.

Could be worse, could be in my situation where you are heroic ready and the guild is not even normal ready. I was supposed to be the raid leader and was overruled on requiring any basics...ie: 830 ilvl, 3 relics, 16 point minimum in artifact. We 1 shot first boss and wiped for 4 hours on 4 dragons....can't even count the wipes. There were times when 5 dps were under 120k! When dragons hit 40% it was obvious by all healers being OOM that they should have been dead. We finally downed the boss and GM was still saying DPS was fine. He thinks we can down Ursoc with just 3 DPS over 150. It was a complete shit show and he would not listen to me about using loot council and was our master looter giving 2 pieces to one person...that is ridiculous when we only downed 2 bosses and most of the other players are at 830 or below.
    Needless to say I have stepped down as "raid leader" (which was a BS title cause I had no control) and I will attempt 2-3 more runs with the group before just pugging for raids
    Last edited by Animalhouse; 2016-09-26 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

You are a real fucking idiot if you think every ranged spec except Mages is crap.

I have a warlock in my guild that regularly is in top 5.
    MM Hunters are beyond godly in the new raid.
    I've seen many Ret paladins do very good numbers.
    Stop using the fucking crutch "oh xyz class is bad right now". Learn to play or don't play at all.

I'm done taking anything you say into consideration after the "Mage only good ranged spec" comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Alot of guilds still currently do this.
    Like I have always said wanna bees like this guy are always the biggest jerks going.
    If MM hunters so good why are most of thier moves getting a 50% buff in 7.1?
    If a MM hunter has to move near at all his or her dps drops like a rock that is why it isn't the preferred spec for mythic dungeons.
    Yes a top player like that warlock can over come some of the problems but you have stated repeatidly that you didn't want to raid in a top guild.
    Guess where the better players are genius?
    So which is it?
    Do you want a world first top guild or not?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Hello, I am a 851 resto shaman and wondering if anyone is in a similar situation has myself.

My guild is awesome, really great people but are currently 5/7 in normal EN.

I would be interested to know if anyone is in a similar situation where they outgear the content but their guild is still not ready for heroics.

Would anyone be interested in forming a heroic weekend group maybe on Sundays for 4-5 hours.

Flasks, food, fully gemmed, enchanted , over 850 and using a discord channel vs trying to pug on LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

No one ?
    Not my guild. We were 7/7 Heroic on Friday night. ]=)

Like I have always said wanna bees like this guy are always the biggest jerks going.
    If a MM hunter has to move near at all his or her dps drops like a rock that is why it isn't the preferred spec for mythic dungeons.
    Yes a top player like that warlock can over come some of the problems but you have stated repeatidly that you didn't want to raid in a top guild.
    So which is it?
    This post was just too good to not reply to.
    Full of stupid speculations and utter nonsense.

Your accusation of Hunters getting nerfed come 7.1:
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...99354520596480

At no point did I ever mention mythic dungeons, so what the fuck does that have to do with the raid?
    Of course BM is going to be the preferred spec for Mythic+ but only by about 15k-20k dps, but regular Mythic dungeons? C'mon buddy, who are you trying to fool here? Regular mythic dungeons are already completely faceroll with any spec/class. If you are being choosy over which class/spec you take for A REGULAR MYTHIC dungeon then you either A) Are bad at the game B) Surround yourself with shitty players. I mean it might be the combination of the two, but I am leaning more towards option A after the Mage and Hunter comments. I main a MM hunter, so please please get your fucking facts straight before you come out with some bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

One or two wipes on normal/heroic after almost a year of killing them is a really bad sign.

No, I joined probably a couple of weeks after the patch dropped.

lolwut?
    /10chars

[QUOTE=Veshx;42508744]This post was just too good to not reply to.

At no point did I ever mention mythic dungeons, so what the fuck does that have to do with the raid?
    Of course BM is going to be the preferred spec for Mythic+ but only by about 15k-20k dps, but regular Mythic dungeons? C'mon buddy, who are you trying to fool here? Regular mythic dungeons are already completely faceroll with any spec/class. If you are being choosy over which class/spec you take for A REGULAR MYTHIC dungeon then you either A) Are bad at the game B) Surround yourself with shitty players. I mean it might be the combination of the two, but I am leaning more towards option A after the Mage and Hunter comments. I main a MM hunter, so please please get your fucking facts straight before you come out with some bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -[\QUOTE]

They are getting a 50% buff come 7.1 or did you miss that.
    No mythics especially mythic plus are not faceroll with any class or spec. I can easily double a MM hunter in one due to the movement.
    So one if they trying to be as good as they can be should have both specs up and running. Or are you not doing everything to be the best you can be as you have whined about your old guild in this thread? So you are proving to be a wannabe.
    If trying to get both weapons up and trying to learn both specs it isn't shocking that a non-hardcore might be lagging a bit behind in doing that after only 3 weeks.
    If you expect your guild and others to be farther along this quickly then you need to find a more hardcore guild it is that simple.
    Which it seems you are not following thru with yourself if you are only doing MM. So you don't even do what you want others to do. Not shocking bag someone like you is a hypocrite and I bet that guild will be better off without you and your attitude.

[QUOTE=Jewsco;42509996]
    This post was just too good to not reply to.

- - - Updated - - -[\QUOTE]

They are getting a 50% buff come 7.1 or did you miss that.
    No mythics especially mythic plus are not faceroll with any class or spec. I can easily double a MM hunter in one due to the movement.
    So one if they trying to be as good as they can be should have both specs up and running. Or are you not doing everything to be the best you can be as you have whined about your old guild in this thread? So you are proving to be a wannabe.
    If trying to get both weapons up and trying to learn both specs it isn't shocking that a non-hardcore might be lagging a bit behind in doing that after only 3 weeks.
    If you expect your guild and others to be farther along this quickly then you need to find a more hardcore guild it is that simple.
    Which it seems you are not following thru with yourself if you are only doing MM. So you don't even do what you want others to do. Not shocking bag someone like you is a hypocrite and I bet that guild will be better off without you and your attitude.
    Just incase you didn't click on that twitter link:

"No class tuning has been done in Patch 7.1 yet. Datamined "changes" from the PTR at this point are simply tooltip corrections."

The point you are trying to make about Hunters getting nerfed is moot.
    And why would I waste time on BM spec? When I only raid. BM is no where near competitive enough in raids compared to MM, if you need any help comprehending this, I would suggest you go on over to the hunter sub forum and ask this. The resident Hunter Azor would be more then likely to tell why you are wrong. And he is an even bigger asshole than I am.

Goodluck with whatever it is you are thinking.
    /any and all posts made about me from you will be reported.

15+ Year Old Account
    So which is it?
    MM hunters aren't receiving a single buff in 7.1. Every change so far on the PTR is a tool tip correction. The only tuning changes right now are the hotfixes going live this week.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

[QUOTE=Veshx;42510301]

Just incase you didn't click on that twitter link:

"No class tuning has been done in Patch 7.1 yet. Datamined "changes" from the PTR at this point are simply tooltip corrections."

The point you are trying to make about Hunters getting nerfed is moot.
    And why would I waste time on BM spec? When I only raid. BM is no where near competitive enough in raids compared to MM, if you need any help comprehending this, I would suggest you go on over to the hunter sub forum and ask this. The resident Hunter Azor would be more then likely to tell why you are wrong. And he is an even bigger asshole than I am.

Goodluck with whatever it is you are thinking.
    /any and all posts made about me from you will be reported.

You threatening me with reporting?? That is rich the way you have responded to everyone here. Don't worry I have already reported you multiple times.
    Have a nice day hypocrite

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop bickering and stay on topic

If the guild doesn't meet your expectations, bow out gracefully after talking to the raid leader. Be honest that you're looking for more challenge and it shouldn't be a big deal. You can't possibly please everyone as a raid leader, people have a wide variety of ideas on how a team should be run, from lenient to strict, independent to supportive, etc.

You just have to ask yourself what you enjoy more, raiding with that guild or more progression. If I find a guild I enjoy, I would rather raid with them or do my best to make them better.