Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Killing xavius in lfr is not a barrier to entry for anyone
    LMAO. Just imagine the next year where there will be no one running that raid in LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more a pro "unlock flying at max level" with some achievements to do (at least loremaster)
    You take time to visit the whole universe first, going through quest lines and all then once you are supposed to have visited every square centimeter of each zone, boom you can fly.
    I'm just worried that Blizzard is using no fly to stretch a limited content to the maximum (compare the number of quest added for each expansion versus WOD and Legion, it is a bit scary....), like you know--cough---Suramar--cough--

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    I'm more a pro "unlock flying at max level" with some achievements to do (at least loremaster)
    You take time to visit the whole universe first, going through quest lines and all then once you are supposed to have visited every square centimeter of each zone, boom you can fly.
    I think most gamers would be OK with that but it has to be in game at launch and actually have the ability to complete it for the reward. Not what blizzard is doing now.

If they put out a new area in other patches, have a similar requirement and no flying in the new area till you've done loremaster in that area or similar achievement.

Sadly blizzard is much to short sighted.

I'm just worried that Blizzard is using no fly to stretch a limited content to the maximum (compare the number of quest added for each expansion versus WOD and Legion, it is a bit scary....), like you know--cough---Suramar--cough--
    Sadly, that is exactly what it appears to be. Death by 100 cuts so to speak all to stretch out content well beyond it's interest point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yes, yes it is. I'll never understand the logic or argument behind teleports being immersion breaking because I find them completely the opposite. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing more immersion breaking than having my gameplay artificially paused by a poor transit system.

Ridiculous. Things like gating flying behind raiding really make me feel like the devs who didn't want to bring flying back are trying their damnest to stick it to the people who want it. This along with the rep grinds have absolutely nothing to do with whatever vision they had of a no-flying game experience.
    Their thinking is flawed as they hope players sub and wait for the rest to be unlocked. In truth, many players will not even bother and will wait it out completely or walk way. If their goal is to remove flying from the game I hope they are happy I guess lol.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749206071

Legion is designed to force players to "experience" all facets of the game but what Blizzard fails to realize is that it burns out players faster. Gating flying behind raiding is the centerpiece of their strategy as most people use flying mounts. Not as many people do raiding or rated PVP in comparison to the people that earned WoD's pathfinder.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-09-26 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Their thinking is flawed as they hope players sub and wait for the rest to be unlocked. In truth, many players will not even bother and will wait it out completely or walk way. If their goal is to remove flying from the game I hope they are happy I guess lol.
    In this thread, we got plenty of evidence showing that, for a fair number of anti-fliers, getting pro-fliers to leave the game permanently is a feature, not a bug.

If they realize that this will result in playing in emptier servers, I don´t know.

Indeed, considering the current devs attitude since WoD beta, I don´t think it is too much of a stretch, to conclude that they (some? many?) have similar, if not identical, mindsets as the aforementioned anti-fliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    LMAO. Just imagine the next year where there will be no one running that raid in LFR.
    Not only that, but Blizzard doesn't even make any changes when the content is no longer relevant. I quit within the first month of WoD. I already had the loremaster, explorer, and almost all of the treasures achievements (the only ones that should matter), but I ended up having to buy & do all of the required bonus objectives, start my shipyard from scratch (at a point where it serves no useful purpose), and then proceed to spend weeks grinding rep that didn't matter for anything else. Legion Pathfinder, from the looks of it, is going to be substantially worse.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quoting the most recent Blizz post:

I appreciate the post, but I don't think there's a point for this discussion to continue.

If you pay attention to the majority of our community, on these forums, on social media, on our fansites, and in-game, reaction to Legion is overwhelmingly positive and a large majority of the player-base is having a pretty great time. In fact, I haven't seen so many people happy with such large aspects of the game since mid-Wrath.

We appreciate people's feedback, but there's a point where we disagree - and this is it..
    Oh look, the playerbase is happy. Nobody cares about the state of flying outside of a few pro-flying clowns in this thread. The types who are insisting that a ton or majority of people are unhappy with the current state of the (noflying) game.

You think the game needs flying? Blizzard disagrees. You think people are unhappy with the state of Legion because of it? Blizzard disagrees.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-09-26 at 06:22 PM.

Not only that, but Blizzard doesn't even make any changes when the content is no longer relevant. I quit within the first month of WoD. I already had the loremaster, explorer, and almost all of the treasures achievements (the only ones that should matter), but I ended up having to buy & do all of the required bonus objectives, start my shipyard from scratch (at a point where it serves no useful purpose), and then proceed to spend weeks grinding rep that didn't matter for anything else. Legion Pathfinder, from the looks of it, is going to be substantially worse.
    It is going to be worse and that is by design. Most likely they had metrics that showed most players re-subbed to complete achievement late in the expansion cycle. So, to arm twist players to do it early they split it into parts and make it very long with rep grinds and raiding requirements.

But this will have the opposite effect as most players will wait it out or just washed their hands all together.

The harder they try to grasp water the easier it is to slip form their hands. That is what happening when they try to coax pro flyers into a box of what they define as "content". Forcing players to raid to unlock flying?

That is the white flag of admission from Blizzard that they have run out of ideas to with hold flying from the player base. This is Blizzard's last stand and if this fails like WoD's endeavor then maybe Blizzard goes into a better direction with flying in future expansions IMVHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I want flying to happen, though I agree that it shouldn't be introduced in 7.0. When it is, it seems the achievement to get it will be easily obtainable, given how everyone should already be working on each one with leveling and world quests alone.
    Accept it isn't easily obtainable, hard to work on it if you are not actively scouring world quests daily/rep grinding.

And it is not just "world quests" alone. You need to complete a raid (downing Xavius) and then a serious of more quests and then even exalted status with Nightfallen.

There is nothing "easily" obtainable with Legion patchfinder part 1. It is designed to be difficult and to drop the number of participants (70% WoD flight pathfinder) down to below the 50% threshold.

But this will have the opposite effect as most players will wait it out or just washed their hands all together.
    I found myself agreeing with this comment: "It's "only" grinding five reps to revered, one rep to exalted, getting Loremaster, getting Explorer, killing a raid boss and who knows what else is coming in Part 2. If you can't see the writing on the wall and realize that the list of things we will be required to do to access flight will just get progressively longer until enough people simply give up and give the devs the excuse they want to remove it entirely, then you simply have not been paying attention." http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=25#post-482

It's definitely the vibe I'm getting.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Oh look, the playerbase is happy. Nobody cares about the state of flying outside of a few pro-flying clowns in this thread. The types who are insisting that a ton or majority of people are unhappy with the current state of the (noflying) game.

You think the game needs flying? Blizzard disagrees. You think people are unhappy with the state of Legion because of it? Blizzard disagrees.
    I appreciate the post, but I don't think there's a point for this discussion to continue.

If you pay attention to the majority of our community, on these forums, on social media, on our fansites, and in-game, reaction to Legion is overwhelmingly positive and a large majority of the player-base is having a pretty great time. In fact, I haven't seen so many people happy with such large aspects of the game since mid-Wrath.

We appreciate people's feedback, but there's a point where we disagree - and this is it..
    Sure, and 6.1 was a big content patch.

Not only that, but Blizzard doesn't even make any changes when the content is no longer relevant.
    Yeah, wtf is with Pandaria flying. It's been 2 expacs ago :/
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-26 at 07:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Sure, and 6.1 was a big content patch.
    They even called it a content patch.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Yeah, the playerbase is happy.

In fact, the playerbase is SO HAPPY, but SOOO HAPPY, that a dev felt butthurt enough to get into the thread and tell everyone about how HAPPY they are.

I mean, how the hell the players would know that they are HAPPY without a dev telling them so?

Now there is but one problem... is that dev going to contact the millions that left WoD in disgust, to tell them how HAPPY they are supposed to be? Surely that would make all of Legion´s problems to disappear, right?
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-09-26 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found myself agreeing with this comment: "It's "only" grinding five reps to revered, one rep to exalted, getting Loremaster, getting Explorer, killing a raid boss and who knows what else is coming in Part 2. If you can't see the writing on the wall and realize that the list of things we will be required to do to access flight will just get progressively longer until enough people simply give up and give the devs the excuse they want to remove it entirely, then you simply have not been paying attention." http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=25#post-482

It's definitely the vibe I'm getting.
    Thats how you get rid of something. Bit by bit making it slowly less and less appealing.

Deleted

Oh look, the playerbase is happy. .
    Anyone reminded of this sweet gem?

I know how much everyone was looking forward to this expansion, and once you were able to get in and start having fun, all the comments I've seen indicate that this is one of our best yet.
    So, while I actually quite like some aspects of Legion, let's just say:

- it's totally normal for people to be happy for the first few weeks
    - I really hate how they made "flying" this big devisive issue. Whatever you think of it, there's no denying that many people want it. Oh, and also:

Thats how you get rid of something. Bit by bit making it slowly less and less appealing.
    Definitely one way to do it. Sounds terrible to me, but it's feasible.

There is nothing "easily" obtainable with Legion patchfinder part 1. It is designed to be difficult and to drop the number of participants (70% WoD flight pathfinder) don to below the 50% threshold.
    In terms of difficulty from a skill-based perspective, there isn't any. It's 100% grind and filler. World quests aren't difficult. Grinding rep isn't difficult. Killing Xavius in LFR won't be difficult.

What it is, however, is time-intensive. You have to sink a lot of time into those achievements. And that's absolutely the point, as far as I can tell. There is no redeeming gameplay value here. It doesn't make me feel as though I've earned something. There's no feeling of accomplishment once you realize it's just a time-tax.

At this point I'm not even certain I WANT flying anymore. By the time I'm finally done with the laundry list of achievements, I'm going to be sick of even looking at world quests or reputation bars. And there certainly wont' be anything left for me to use flying on at that point.

The entire handling of this issue is just plain bad.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-26 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    By the time I'm finally done with the laundry list of achievements, I'm going to be sick of even looking at world quests or reputation bars. And there certainly wont' be anything left for me to use flying on at that point.
    Isn´t that the whole point of Patch Finder?

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Isn´t that the whole point of Patch Finder?
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner! I am sure they are confident that more people will give up on flying but stay in WoW than just give up WoW in general (same goes for a number of other factors imo). Now why they felt the need to lose these players to begin with when they have shown themselves in the past that they can use flying to enhance the game, is beyond my levels of comprehension.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware, the Legion Pathfinder achievement (Part 1) doesn't involve killing any Raid bosses. )
    It requires Loremaster. Loremaster requires raiding in Legion.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Over all I have to say that I am enjoying Legion, but not having flight has ZERO to do w/the level of enjoyment I am having in the expac.

Actually quite the opposite. I have begun to experience burn out. Where I would go out and do any quest that was available to me .. I am now finding myself only doing the quests for my emissary missions and things that may give me a upgrade.

Can't tell you how many times I have looked through my world quests and said " hey artifact power I can use that " see where it is and say "Screw isn't worth the trouble". I imagine that it won't be to much longer and that will be the majority of the open world quests "Screw it isn't worth the trouble" Basically if it isn't right next to a flight path it falls into the screw it category.

Where it I had flight I would be willing and wanting to do those quests. The reward or fun has to exceed the tedium and annoyance... Sadly that is quickly not becoming the case IMO.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

As far as I'm aware, the Legion Pathfinder achievement (Part 1) doesn't involve killing any Raid bosses.

- Explore the 5 Legion questing zones (Questing and World Quests)
    - Complete all major story-lines in the Broken Isles (Questing)
    - Complete 100 different World Quests (World Quests)
    - Complete your Class Order Campaign (Questing and Missions)
    - Earn Revered with the 6 Broken Isles factions (Questing and World Quests)
    The guy who got the achiev posted in the official forums about how he had to kill Xavius and do a quest in order to complete Good Suramaritan.

The link to the post is in this thread, a few pages earlier.