Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    What's wrong with providing a relatively simple way to gain pre-raid starter gear? That's literally all it is, pre-raid STARTER gear. I see no reason that people can't go world questing to get their starter gear rather than being stuck spamming random heroics in hopes of a drop. Beyond that, the world has never been so alive as it is now. Blizzard did a win/win for everyone on that call, IMO.

You really shouldn't be so upset over starter gear. Honestly.
    895 ilvl is pre-raid starter gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    895 ilvl is pre-raid starter gear?
    I'd use it. Which WQ offers? I'll keep an eye out for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'd use it. Which WQ offers? I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Why do you even write stupid shit if you don't have any idea what the issue is?

created my alt (DH VENG) the day before the raid opens 09/20 and yesterday downed 2 bosses on normal with it.
    its nice to have a gear catch up there having in count the artifact power.
    1 week and im 838 and able to raid.
    ill be upset if i had to run ton of normal dungeons to get 810, and then tons of heroic to get 825, and then tons of mythic in tons of week to be geared at 840.
    wtf man? that never ending gear threadmil its awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Because there is no issue with someone getting a 895 in a WQ. it doesnt affect me, and if it was a guild member, now it affect me, and i would like it.

can believe ppl do raiding only because gives more gear than other palce. gtfo if you dont enjoy playing, i will keep raiding until i enjoy encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Any WQ reward can titanforge up that high afaik. It's not likely but it's likely enough where there are a lot of people posting screen shots or linking armories with 895 world quest gear.
    lets go in maths, how many screenshots of 895? how many ppl playing? how many WQ done in total globally taking in count every player and wq gear rewarding? there you have your % of "lot of people posting screen shots or linkin armories with 895 world queste gear."

There is no issue, sweetcakes. Working as intended.

The games reward systems are just about in the best spot they have been in a really long time. Granted that doesn't mean it has some frustration tied to it. RNG can be terrible one second and ultra rewarding the next. So most peoples opinion of it differs drastically depending on how RNG has been treating them recently.

Just about everything one can do in the game can render them meaningful rewards. Of course some of the best of the best is hidden behind larger activities. Its a game that encourages group content for the best rewards. But I don't feel people will be hopelessly behind if they don't raid for example. Maybe a little (because of trinkets and set bonus for example) but over all still doing well enough to not be "useless" which was a feeling a lot of people got in HFC if they didn't have certain trinkets and set bonus. Of course time will tell on that one, but at least weaker versions are available in LFR now so its not an "impossible" task (for non-raiders) to get these effects if they are so powerful.

End of the day rewards are in a pretty good spot now. Again, not perfect. But pretty good spot.

thank god, Blizzard catered to the majority and not people like you.

What if one day each iphone costs $50k USD. I wonder if Apple would have earned so much money.

Wait. I assume that you do the "hardcore" stuff, and feel more accomplished getting the rewards from it.

How does someone else getting the same reward doing something else affect you? The items that you have still remain the same right? Not forgetting, you can also CHOOSE to do the "easier" option of getting that reward. Nothing. Is. Stopping. You.

Oh wait. I think I know whats the problem.

Your ingame "Pride".

Ok dude glad you feel that way but when you can't field a mythic because half your raid does care about gear then you will probably not enjoy playing and will "gtfo" lol. For the people who do care about gear (and there are plenty) when they realize they can attain their goals faster and with less headaches by doing 5 man content or even being patient enough with solo content, they're probs not going to raid anymore. At least not until tier sets become a thing in January (which by the by the LFR tier sets can titanforge up to be as high as mythic tier sets).
    been doing all WQs and im 850~, sorry man, i cant skip heroic emerald nightmare to get the best loot available, im glad that you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok dude glad you feel that way but when you can't field a mythic because half your raid does care about gear then you will probably not enjoy playing and will "gtfo" lol. For the people who do care about gear (and there are plenty) when they realize they can attain their goals faster and with less headaches by doing 5 man content or even being patient enough with solo content, they're probs not going to raid anymore. At least not until tier sets become a thing in January (which by the by the LFR tier sets can titanforge up to be as high as mythic tier sets).
    and if you care about gear, you still have more chances to have better gear with an higher ilvl baseline.
    So if you want to gear hardcore, doing raiding its still better in %.

3rd edit:
    Ok now that you realized, and you will not raid anymore. lets see in 2 weeks if you are better geared than me. ill be doing heroic EN in the while. gl hf . The luck you will need it, the have fun too, i enjoy raiding more than wq.
    and 5 man + its not easyer and with less headache.
    Last edited by shonist; 2016-09-26 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    been doing all WQs and im 850~, sorry man, i cant skip heroic emerald nightmare to get the best loot available, im glad that you can.

- - - Updated - - -

and if you care about gear, you still have more chances to have better gear with an higher ilvl baseline.
    So if you want to gear hardcore, doing raiding its still better in %.

3rd edit:
    Ok now that you realized, and you will not raid anymore. lets see in 2 weeks if you are better geared than me. ill be doing heroic EN in the while. gl hf . The luck you will need it, the have fun too, i enjoy raiding more than wq.
    and 5 man + its not easyer and with less headache.
    I think there isn't any problem right? with the current sytem?

All of us can feel rewarded doing whatever activities we enjoy in the game.

Of cos, raiding will probably give better gear faster.

Personally I don't mind getting gear slower, just in case I don't feel like committing to raids.

If you can earn $50 in a day over 6 hours. Good for you.

I don't mind earning $50 after 6 days, 1 hour of work each day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because I hate what the game has become and this is due to casual players who feel entitled to every reward the game can offer without putting any effort into it.
    Which is entirelly besides the point. If you genuienly dont care about the gear in so far as potentially removing it from mythic is concerned why would you care if anyone else got it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    But they're not getting every reward. They're not even getting most rewards. They're not even getting very good rewards. Once in a random, rarely occurring blue moon, a handful of casuals may get some reward that's very good. But so can anyone else.

I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.
    Which just goes to show that the gear clearly does matter to him but only in so far as he thinks it will bring him prestige and inflate his epeen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    But they're not getting every reward. They're not even getting most rewards. They're not even getting very good rewards. Once in a random, rarely occurring blue moon, a handful of casuals may get some reward that's very good. But so can anyone else.

I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.
    Which just goes to show that the gear clearly does matter to him but only in so far as he thinks it will bring him prestige and inflate his epeen.

Basic kindergarten math should tell you that the probabilities of gearing up to a point where you as a non-raider manage to out gear someone who regularly raids heroic/mythic content means you're so lucky you should enter the lotto because you're destined to win for sure. So basically what you're pissing and whining and moaning about is the absolute basically never going to happen case where someone gets that lucky with their entire gear set which we're talking multiple sub 1% probabilities happening on the same character. Or you can just do mythic where the shittiest loot is guaranteed to be 30+item lvl's better than an extremely lucky drop anywhere else. Not to mention that the majority of mythic players are also going to be using those other types of gear progression to aid their mythic progression.

If your raid is too stupid to see that as long as they're competent and progress through the fights mythic raiding is the way to go for the absolute irrefutable best gear and thinks that hoping for 1) the piece they want to drop 2) the ridiculously low chance for every single piece they want to get titanforged up high enough to even tickle mythic gear's balls are better then I'm going to go out on a limb and say they weren't going to get very far in mythics anyway so it's a win win for them.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-09-26 at 02:25 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    because heroic raiding is hard haha yeah
    What's the link between heroic raiding and my posts??

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely understand what you're saying but to be honest I like it better this way. I no longer feel like I'm stuck behind this wall that is stopping me from improving my character. I'd always get stuck behind this wall because it was something that required a higher ilvl either by the game or other people or it required me to dedicate time I didn't have (raids). Which is fine but I always wished there was some other way around that wall. Also you were always in some kind of lockout when you get to the point where you need raid gear. You'd have to wait a week for something that may or may not reward you with anything. So you could be waiting that whole week for nothing. For me over time it gets to the point where I don't even feel like doing it anymore because of how demoralizing it is. Not to mention the occasional douchebag that makes the whole journey even worse.

Tanaan actually did a good job to antidote this problem, in my opinion. A bit grindy but whatever. When you're hungry anything tastes good. Then the world quests came and did an even better job. For me the game has become so much more enjoyable because I'm no longer trapped behind a wall. All I have to do is put in the work and effort and I can get it. Now, I'll agree that most of the quests are a little too easy for the rewards they give. I think they could've at least made up something a little bit more challenging than gathering bear pelts and eggs or killing a certain amount of enemies as if it were any normal quest for a reward like an ilvl 835+ epic gear item. Something that requires you to have a couple friends with you or something. Something to make us feel like we're really working for that reward.

In any case though I'm enjoying how gearing up is right now. I'm constantly having something to look forward too, something to work on and the best part is there's no wall blocking me anymore. It's always there and I can work on it whenever I want. I realize I probably sound like a typical "casual faggot" but whatever. The way I see it, times change, people change, and with that WoW changes as well. If you can't accept WoW being more accessible or "casual" then it's time to move on to something else. WoW is never going to please everyone. Especially not this community.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I think Blizzard is going to have introduce more incentives to raid because yeah, the gear isn't that rewarding. I've been able to get better, more optimized and higher item level gear just doing mythic+ farm. It's especially easy to just take advantage of the PUG world and target an item you need, especially if you have a group of 4 that just goes up in group finder offering to carry people for their (insert dungeon here) keystone.
    Well, there are already incentives to raid. There's meta achievements that usually reward a title and/or mount. There's story that's tied into raids that cannot be seen anywhere else in game. That, and the fact that those who raid should be there because they enjoy raiding. Getting gear should simply be the byproduct of doing something that you actually enjoy.

Now that we can progress outside of raiding is nice. There's Mythic+ dungeons for those who maybe have a smallish group of friends they want to play with. World Quests can reward decent gear for those who wish to just play for a few hours per day and don't have a ton of time to devote to group activities. The gear is just the byproduct for doing things that people would normally do. On the plus side, more people might stay subbed for more than a month or two, since they can progress their mains/alts by doing pretty much whatever they want to do.

I think Blizzard is going to have introduce more incentives to raid because yeah, the gear isn't that rewarding. I've been able to get better, more optimized and higher item level gear just doing mythic+ farm. It's especially easy to just take advantage of the PUG world and target an item you need, especially if you have a group of 4 that just goes up in group finder offering to carry people for their (insert dungeon here) keystone.
    I'm one of the dozen or so people who enjoy raiding for the fun of it. The gear is simply a tool to be able to do that. If people need to be paid to raid, then there's a problem with the raids, not the incentives. Gearing up to go sit in a town somewhere isn't fun. Gearing up to go kill big baddies is.

There are at least a dozen of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Which is entirelly besides the point. If you genuienly dont care about the gear in so far as potentially removing it from mythic is concerned why would you care if anyone else got it?
    Because gear is still needed for the raid progress (unless you can beat mythic bosses with a 850 ilvl raid but this is probably impossible). This gear should only be obtainable if you overcome challenges (killing raid bosses for instance), not from 2-clicks follower missions (no challenge).

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because gear is still needed for the raid progress (unless you can beat mythic bosses with a 850 ilvl raid but this is probably impossible). This gear should only be obtainable if you overcome challenges (killing raid bosses for instance), not from 2-clicks follower missions (no challenge).
    i preffer to have progress from skills than from rng drops. didnt you?
    i like to wipe and improve myself on the fight, thats the fun for me, idk. if the bosses dropped my calamity's edge or not, if i win the roll on it or not, its like not the best thing to be progressing on.
    if it was for me there will be no gear, and you can go EN Mythic+2+3+4+5+6+7 with always the same gear. a baseline one, and the achieve is get more difficultys like others

I don't understand people throwing around the chance of getting 895 gear as if it trivializes every thing.

The best roll I've gotten so far is 845. Anyone trying for 895 from world quests would die of old age first.

For me it keeps you interested in playing.

Which is something that running raids and dungeons for the 100th time and only get gold cant do
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God