Deleted
    Just got an 890 trinket off Ursoc, the one with bleed damage. Anyone know if it's any good? I guess it's going to be better for fury due to the bleed only proccing off melee crits. Almost 1800 strength tho ain't shabby

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Just got an 890 trinket off Ursoc, the one with bleed damage. Anyone know if it's any good? I guess it's going to be better for fury due to the bleed only proccing off melee crits. Almost 1800 strength tho ain't shabby
    It's shit, any of the dungeons trinkets minus 2 is better than this one. Maybe better than the weaker ones due to ilvl difference alone. You gotta sim yourself to know for sure.

Someone in the fury forums linked sims with fury and arms equal. If arms doesn't have a single target advantage there's no point in playing it imo. If they really are equal after tuesday I want blizzard to let me take my AP in arms and put it in fury :/

Deleted
    If those new sims are real...oh boy. So much for keeping hierarchy of specs intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Redkat01 View Post
    If those new sims are real...oh boy. So much for keeping hierarchy of specs intact.
    Did anybody really believe that ? Really ?

Also 4k difference is nothing. I would even say this minimal difference is great because you can now play a spec based on preferences and not stupid numbers.

90% of people playing arms only played arms because of the dps. If fury matches arms on single target then expect everyone to switch to the class without rage problems, rng, and no consistent aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Also 4k difference is nothing. I would even say this minimal difference is great because you can now play a spec based on preferences and not stupid numbers.
    Except if both specs do similar ST damage, why would you ever pick the spec thats significantly worse for AoE? Well, other than personal preference and fury arbitrarily taking extra damage that is.

The most current simulation profiles did not accurately portray spec performance on Ursoc, let alone Cenarius, before the tuning pass and they won't after the tuning pass either.

Just stop using simulations as a spec ranking tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    90% of people playing arms only played arms because of the dps. If fury matches arms on single target then expect everyone to switch to the class without rage problems, rng, and no consistent aoe.
    Well obviously, if you want to raid only the selfish players purposely go the shit spec just because they don't like the good spec. In good guilds you won't get away with it unless you're on the officer team, in top progression guilds you play the good spec or you sit on the bench.

I played Arms primarily in the previous 2 expansions but did not seriously raid in MOP after the first weeks. But I wanted to play Legion Fury from early alpha when they removed CS extension from Arms... But no I went Arms because I wanted to raid and it was clear from the Beta that Fury was fucked after nerfs, if I had made the choice to play Fury I would have secured my spot on the bench for Mythic progression.

I actually started to like FR in dungeons, which quickly started to fade the more my mastery went up and my crit went down, despite my damage increasing. Which was pretty much confirmed when we cleared ED on Wed/Thurs, Arms FR is fucking disgustingly frustrating with tactition RNG... But what choice do you have? People aren't playing it because it's flavour of the month, they played it because it was the only viable raiding spec.

Of course Arms is no longer a viable raiding spec, the class balance with the announced changes will be no better than before just with a new order and this time Arms is not viable at all because it only had a very specific thing it did well, and was weak outside of those strengths. So now I actually have to reroll Rogue or sit on the bench..

So for sure I'm pretty pissed. Especially as half the fucking forums spent the last few months going on about how Fury is OP until it gets fucking wrecked on the Beta and now the same with Arms, as if Blizzard is for the first time in history actually going to do a good job of tuning changes.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    The most current simulation profiles did not accurately portray spec performance on Ursoc, let alone Cenarius, before the tuning pass and they won't after the tuning pass either.

Just stop using simulations as a spec ranking tool.
    The numbers may not have been accurate but the rankings definitely were. Check warcraft logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Did anybody really believe that ? Really ?

yes 4k difference is nice, especially because arms does not have any comparable AOE.
    yes 4k difference is super nice because Warrior has no reliable self-heal, no immunity cooldown.
    arms is by no means next to other pure ST specs like feral.
    but nice that our 2 warrior dd specs are mid-tier dps that have hard downsides, like 30% more damage taken or no real MT damage.
    but hey at least you can choose between death and decay, between fury and arms.

Lower sim dps, way more variance / rng, less sustained AOE and zero cleave unless specced in to S/S. Is there a reason to stay arms? I think I'll start dumping AP into fury artifact since I already have most of the arms single target traits.

I guess the variance doesn't matter if just looking at averages, but I prefer consistency.
    Last edited by apoe; 2016-09-26 at 03:35 PM.

So are we using Deadly Grace or Old War now?

Old War was doing 8-10% of my total damage last night. Didn't try Deadly Grace.

As soon as I saw these changes I started saving my AP just in case because my fury is only at 13 I think vs 21 in arms.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    As soon as I saw these changes I started saving my AP just in case because my fury is only at 13 I think vs 21 in arms.
    Haha I did that hoarding tactic too. Yesterday I decided fuck it, I want bag space, and put it all into arms. Now I feel dumb.

This might be a dumb question but I plan to raid at some point, only level 106 right now specced to arms. Would it be a huge burden to switch to fury? Should I refund and dump points into Fury? Not even sure if that's possible. Thanks for any help you can give.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKingZ View Post
    This might be a dumb question but I plan to raid at some point, only level 106 right now specced to arms. Would it be a huge burden to switch to fury? Should I refund and dump points into Fury? Not even sure if that's possible. Thanks for any help you can give.
    You get AP a looot faster at 110. So if you want to switch, do it now.

It definitely sucks though since I hate the enrage mechanic so much. So we have one spec that taxes healers more than any other spec in the game and takes more damage than anything else in the game, and still does meh damage to make up for that. And then we have one RNG bonanza spec with mediocre single target and piss poor AoE.

Hoping for better times in 7.1 boys, still extremely demoralized to actually log in and play.

I have lost the will to even log in the game to do emissary quests on my arms warrior. I leveled my fire mage and, not even talking about DPS now, it just plays smooth. No RNG bs, you have almost total control over your DPS.

I really like arms warrior (not a fan of fury) but with 30% ETW I already struggle to have good procs, now people wont have any procs at all.

Its arms wod again, except now we have garbage execute damage and worse cleave (sweeping strikes should be like it was in WoD)