Poll: When should Heirlooms be introduced into Legion?

When should Heirlooms be introduced for Legion Leveling?

When should Heirlooms be introduced for Legion Leveling?

I really hope blizz introduces upgrades to take looms to 110 in 7.1 cause it would help us players with lots of alts. The biggest gripe people in my guild seem to have is that Legion isnt alt friendly and maybe looms could be the answer to ease there concerns.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-09-26 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    After 2 content patches. I don't see how looms would make alt levelling more friendly, people just have to wait for Artifact knowledge to reach a high enough threshold then they can do their alts.

Not giving any options between 7.1 and the end of the expansion?

That's gonna skew your results a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

The leveling speed is definately not the reason for legion not being alt friendly. Its the fact that artifact knowledge isnt account wide so your alts will be hella behind in knowledge and power for a good chunk of time after hitting 110 due to the time gating nature of it. In past expansions you could hit 110 run or get carried through some dungeons and be ready to go for pvp or raids in a few days. In legion its more like weeks of busy work.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    After 2 content patches. I don't see how looms would make alt levelling more friendly, people just have to wait for Artifact knowledge to reach a high enough threshold then they can do their alts.
    The faster you can level your alts the faster they can start to accumulate artifact knowledge. You can't start getting AK until 110.

Personally I'm fine with heirlooms being at the end. I don't really care. The Legion leveling experience is fine as-is.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the same moment that flying is enabled. At that point we're so far into the Xpac that Mains are so far ahead of any 'new' alts, having a bit of an extra catch-up mechanism doesn't hurt anything or anyone.

Never, because leveling faster results in a trap once you hit L110. You won't be able to complete the "get friendly with all factions" quest as soon as you complete the first questline in Suramar since you'd probably hit 110 after completing the second zone with heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Never, because leveling faster results in a trap once you hit L110. You won't be able to complete the "get friendly with all factions" quest as soon as you complete the first questline in Suramar since you'd probably hit 110 after completing the second zone with heirlooms.
    it isnot true, you can do all loremaster quests and you will be in the end of 107 or the just at the beginning of 108 if you dont do side quests, profession quests, bonus objectivos or dungeon quests. If you do quests only to achieve friendly, you dont get 4 levels.

Deleted
    Now please, and a way to speed up 3rd artifact slot for alts.

It already takes plenty of effort to get artifact power for alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the last patch of the expansion. Or the next expansion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think rather than time, heirlooms should be gated behind how many max level characters you have. They could easily make an achievement for raising X number of characters to max level (say 2 or 3) and after that a certain NPC will sell you the upgrades. My thought is that if you've already raised multiple characters to max level, it's just unnecessarily punishing to have to do even more without the heirlooms.

For this expansion in particular you might run into problems because of the rep requirements for WQs, but that's fine IMO. Personally, I think the most important part is getting the alts up to 110 so you can get the AK research orders rolling. After that, going back to the various zones to get friendly rep is something that could be done when you feel like it. I've got 2 alts at 110 now, and even though I'm a little burnt on leveling atm, I'm considering bringing a 3rd up just so I can get his AK underway. I have no intention of playing him yet, but I'm handicapping myself by not getting those research orders going as soon as I can.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I think rather than time, heirlooms should be gated behind how many max level characters you have. They could easily make an achievement for raising X number of characters to max level (say 2 or 3) and after that a certain NPC will sell you the upgrades. My thought is that if you've already raised multiple characters to max level, it's just unnecessarily punishing to have to do even more without the heirlooms.

For this expansion in particular you might run into problems because of the rep requirements for WQs, but that's fine IMO. Personally, I think the most important part is getting the alts up to 110 so you can get the AK research orders rolling. After that, going back to the various zones to get friendly rep is something that could be done when you feel like it. I've got 2 alts at 110 now, and even though I'm a little burnt on leveling atm, I'm considering bringing a 3rd up just so I can get his AK underway. I have no intention of playing him yet, but I'm handicapping myself by not getting those research orders going as soon as I can.
    There is already achievement in game http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...eroic-campaign. Heirlooms could be gated behind this, I think it would be a cool idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As soon as possible. I despise Legion leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've taken 3 toons to 110 in a week just from questing, looting chests, missions, and bonus objectives. Heirlooms probably would have pushed me 70% faster, but I am not sure I would have enjoyed it as much. Once thing I have learned from looms: being over powered and over geared makes the current content boring. When I cannot rely on gear, I have to rely on skill. Legion has transported me back to TBC before there were looms, and green drops actually meant something.