Destruction Rotation

I am finding my DPS (at iLevel 850) settling down at around 180K/190K or even down to 170K on single-target fights. Yes, I know we're about to get a buff but I feel like this is still too low for my gear.

I'm concerned that something is f**ked up with my rotation.

I usually run with Wreak Havoc but soul conduit only makes me see a 10/20K increase.
    Here is my armory page.

Should I be looking for the largest up-time on eradication? In my current rotation I'm casting it whenever I have enough (2+) soul shards.
    I think I have the roaring blaze rotation down, 2x Immolate > 2x Conflag > Conflag > Repeat w/ 2x conflag up (refreshing immolate as it expires)
    I am finding myself at 0/1 soul shard a lot and spamming Incinerate because I have nothing else to cast.
    Should I just pick up channel demonfire and use that as a filler?
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting

If you could link your logs that will help

Quote Originally Posted by Ardoris View Post
    If you could link your logs that will help
    Here are two logs from some of my guild runs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kfNjrGKQMCptBnvZ#
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MZ3p4jn1L9Pvxzbr

I just set up my logging (after our guild runs) so I don't have any personal logs to show you yet.
    Though, I'm still wondering about the correct strategy for chaos bolt/eradication and whether or not demonfire is the best bet.
    Tailoring/Enchanting

Deleted
    - Your damage is a bit too low for that gear yes. I can pull about sustained 220K on ST with ilvl 848 no legendaries.
    - are you using RIFTS, IMP CD, Lord of Flames etc.?`
    - Soul Conduit is better for ST.
    - Service is better for ST.
    - Adapt talents to situation.
    - Hit that buttons harder.
    - Shadowburn is bad for single target. Take Backdraft or Roaring Blaze instead.

Basically what works well on ST is :

- Precast Chaos Bolt when pull timer hits 2 seconds
    - Immolate + 2nd Immolate
    - Conflag Conflag
    - Lord of Flames Infernal
    - Grimoire Imp
    - Chaos Bolt
    - Incinerate
    - Conflag when ready
    - Reapply Immolate
    - Conflag
    - Chaos bolt
    repeat

basically

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    - Your damage is a bit too low for that gear yes. I can pull about sustained 220K on ST with ilvl 848 no legendaries.

- Conflag Conflag
    - Grimoire Imp
    - Chaos Bolt
    - Incinerate
    - Conflag when ready
    - Reapply Immolate
    - Conflag
    - Chaos bolt
    repeat

basically
    The problem with adapting the talents to the situation is that the respec books are so god damned expensive. I can go GoSac and Havoc to maximize my cleave/aoe or focus entirely on single-target with Soul Conduit and GoServ...

I never use Shadowburn. I've always used roaring blaze and have been putting it into my rotation as I described in my OP.
    I did just realize that I should be starting out with Lord of Flames, I'll be using that at the beginning from now on.

Maybe my problem is that I'm trying to burn ALL of my soul shards as quickly as humanly possible?
    Tailoring/Enchanting

Quick question

- Conflag Conflag
    - Grimoire Imp
    - Chaos Bolt
    - Incinerate
    - Conflag when ready
    - Reapply Immolate
    - Conflag
    - Chaos bolt
    repeat

basically

What is the reason behind Immolate x2 in a row? I was curious.

Thank you,
    LoadsofDots

Deleted
    From looking at your gear you are lacking crit and are abit heavy on mastery.

Talents for single target:
    lvl 15:Roaring blaze
    lvl 30:Reverse Entropy
    lvl 45: whatever floats your boat
    lvl 60:Eradication
    lvl 75: whatever floats your boat
    lvl 90: Service
    lvl 100: Soul conduit or Channel domfire depending on own preferance, think last time i simmed CDF were giving me 2k more dps but is harder to get into the rotation so Soul conduit is a fine choice.

For your opener i suggest finding max distance or safe it and start at countdown 4 sec.
    1.prepot (either wod or legion pot)
    2. cast incinerate
    3. cast incinerate
    4. Immolate
    5. conflag x 2
    6. use doomguard or lord of flames if bloodlust or timewarp is used.
    7. use service imp
    8. cast chaosbolt for eradication
    9. dump all of your rift charges

then back to using chaosbolt, incinerate and conflag on cd to get shards and maintain uptime on immolate and eradication but never cap on shards double cast CB if possible.
    Keep rifts on 0 or save a charge for when you will have to move so you still are doing shit while moving.
    Keep service on cd and doomguard aswell if you dont know that a BL/TW will coming soon then save it for that.

Thats how ive been doing it and my single dmg seems to be very good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadsofDots View Post

Thank you,
    LoadsofDots
    makes it last 24 instead of 18 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by LoadsofDots View Post

Thank you,
    LoadsofDots
    With Pandemic, when we refresh a DoT we get the remaining duration added to the total running time (up to 50% of the original). Double casting allows us to maximize the total time immolate is running with roaring blaze buffs (two conflags at the beginning and one at the middle).
    Tailoring/Enchanting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    From looking at your gear you are lacking crit and are abit heavy on mastery.

Talents for single target:
    lvl 15:Roaring blaze
    lvl 30:Reverse Entropy
    lvl 45: whatever floats your boat
    lvl 60:Eradication
    lvl 75: whatever floats your boat
    lvl 90: Service
    lvl 100: Soul conduit or Channel domfire depending on own preferance, think last time i simmed CDF were giving me 2k more dps but is harder to get into the rotation so Soul conduit is a fine choice.

For your opener i suggest finding max distance or safe it and start at countdown 4 sec.
    1.prepot (either wod or legion pot)
    2. cast incinerate
    3. cast incinerate
    4. Immolate
    5. conflag x 2

6. use doomguard or lord of flames if bloodlust or timewarp is used.
    7. use service imp
    8. cast chaosbolt for eradication
    9. dump all of your rift charges

then back to using chaosbolt, incinerate and conflag on cd to get shards and maintain uptime on immolate and eradication but never cap on shards double cast CB if possible.
    Keep rifts on 0 or save a charge for when you will have to move so you still are doing shit while moving.
    Keep service on cd and doomguard aswell if you dont know that a BL/TW will coming soon then save it for that.

Thats how ive been doing it and my single dmg seems to be very good
    For a short period of time you are at 5 soul shards. I personally prefer casting chaos bolt instead of incinerate at pull

also with chaos bolt for pull you have eradication up for your conflags etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberek View Post
    The problem with adapting the talents to the situation is that the respec books are so god damned expensive. I can go GoSac and Havoc to maximize my cleave/aoe or focus entirely on single-target with Soul Conduit and GoServ...

I never use Shadowburn. I've always used roaring blaze and have been putting it into my rotation as I described in my OP.
    I did just realize that I should be starting out with Lord of Flames, I'll be using that at the beginning from now on.

Maybe my problem is that I'm trying to burn ALL of my soul shards as quickly as humanly possible?
    You are a warlock so if you dont wanna buy a book for raids use your summoning stone and heartstone for talent change before the bosses you are not the only1 wanting to change talent :P

- - - Updated - - -

For a short period of time you are at 5 soul shards. I personally prefer casting chaos bolt instead of incinerate at pull

also with chaos bolt for pull you have eradication up for your conflags etc.
    aye but 2 incinerates have the capacity to do more dmg then the chaosbolt + proccing more from deadly grace potion and having eradication for conflag isnt that much of dps increase, thats just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    aye but 2 incinerates have the capacity to do more dmg then the chaosbolt + proccing more from deadly grace potion and having eradication for conflag isnt that much of dps increase, thats just my 2 cents.
    I haven't simmed it so no idea what is better, but conflag with the golden trait is really really nice

Alright, that make sense. Extra 6 secs is nice.

Deleted
    I haven't simmed it so no idea what is better, but conflag with the golden trait is really really nice
    God dammit i dont have that trait so havnt thought about it that way :P
    23 traits in so far but working towards that one atm will test it when i get it thanks for opening my eyes maybe something i had missed from going all habits later on

Am I right to come to the conclusion that I should look for more eradication uptime rather than spamming chaos bolt whenever it is available?
    I guess that makes sense as it'll boost immolate's damage.

That's the only non-talent think that I can see changing here. Maybe that'll mean I'm spamming incinerate less, or just in shorter bursts.

Yea, I guess I can ask people to summon me back before boss fights. But I'm certainly not going to do that during dungeons, and I doubt anyone is going to want to wait for me for trash after bosses...maybe I should just stick to single-target spec for trash on raids, change to my AoE/Cleave spec for cleave/trash heavy bosses, and go with Service and Havoc for Mythic dungeons since they're pretty easy anyway. (I think Mythic+ is a huge waste of time and hate the system).
    Tailoring/Enchanting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberek View Post
    Am I right to come to the conclusion that I should look for more eradication uptime rather than spamming chaos bolt whenever it is available?
    I guess that makes sense as it'll boost immolate's damage.

That's the only non-talent think that I can see changing here. Maybe that'll mean I'm spamming incinerate less, or just in shorter bursts.

Yea, I guess I can ask people to summon me back before boss fights. But I'm certainly not going to do that during dungeons, and I doubt anyone is going to want to wait for me for trash after bosses...maybe I should just stick to single-target spec for trash on raids, change to my AoE/Cleave spec for cleave/trash heavy bosses, and go with Service and Havoc for Mythic dungeons since they're pretty easy anyway. (I think Mythic+ is a huge waste of time and hate the system).
    for normal dungeons and mythics i run same talents for the exception that i use shadowburn and wreakhavoc and that is doing it fine not losing to much on trash and fine on most bosses since there almost allways more then 2 targets ^^

Have gone through both of those, but I decided not to post this in the fix my DPS thread because none seems to be using that and I don't have great logs available.
    Tailoring/Enchanting