Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What class do you play and is it better?

I have played several classes during different expansions and feel like all of the classes I have played currently suck. I don't mean tuning wise, I mean mechanically.

Warrior- Cata, MoP were the best versions of big dps specs I have ever played. WOD was awful for both, and legion is just as bad if not worse. The hard hitting arms spec has been reduced to a spam fest. Fury has a lot of contradictory talents and abilities and the enrage mechanic has been made worse.

Warlock- Cata only played demo and destro both specs were fun. WOD demo was amazing, probably my favorite spec in the game. I havnt tried warlock in legion, it looked incredibly boring during the pre patch.

Hunter- mop and WOD had solid spec play styles for all 3 specs, to be honest I don't know why they changed anything. Survival is basically a meme spec that no serious player uses. Bm is 3 buttons, I think Helen Keller could play it flawlessly. Marks isn't as bad as bm but it's still kind of lame. Again I don't know why they changed either hunter spec as they all got 100x worse.

How are you liking your new class?
    Last edited by satimy; 2016-09-26 at 02:39 PM.

I love the WW Monk playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Hunter- mop and WOD had solid spec play styles for all 3 specs, to be honest I don't know why they changed anything. Survival is basically a meme spec that no serious player uses. Bm is 3 buttons, I think Helen Keller could play it flawlessly. Marks isn't as bad as bm but it's still kind of lame. Again I don't know why they changed either hunter spec as they all got 100x worse.

How are you liking your new class?
    I play a MM Hunter. It's alright but overall, doesn't feel like the hunter I created when I first started.

And trust me man, the offical forums and these forums have been in an uproar on the hunter changes. They literally haven't changed anything since the Alpha build of Legion, even though many testers have repeatedly told them what was wrong with the class.

Personally I'm much preferring Legion's Destro 'locks. Performance-wise we're a bit under par currently (should be getting an 11% buff to everything in the balance hotfix) but mechanically we feel a lot less spammy.

In WoD it felt like 90% of my time was spent casting Incinerate and refreshing Immolate with a very occasional Chaos Bolt to stop Shards Embers from capping out. I was quite cool burning through all the Embers when Dark Soul was available but those times felt too few and far between.

The new Destro loses tactical decision like when to use Dark Soul but the rotation has more of a dynamic feel to it, it's rare that I have to cast more than 3 Incinerates back-to-back and with the Artifact ability and Grimoire of Servitude: Imp abilities mixed in I'm finding the spec just a lot more interesting.

My biggest problem is how Channel Demonfire performs better than Soul Conduit (in tier 7 talents.) Theoretically they're tied but CDF is very unforgiving of movement and doesn't help with AoE. I did use the Demonfire talent for a while and liked how it added to the rotation (it almost feels like having a WotLK Destrolock again) but I can't argue with the numbers.

for the first time i'm really enjoying arms warrior. i try them out every expansion and pretty much hate it.. but right now i find it super fun. shame blizz is about to butcher it though.

I'm playing monk currently and I think BM and WW are unnecessarily clunky and not fun compared to other classes and specs in the game, but MW is smooth as can be.

Seems some of the druid design spilled over to monks, make everything as complicated and contrived as possible. It only works for MWs though which is more like a puzzle that once you figure it out you realize you have exactly the tools you need with no fuss. The other two need some serious redesigning. WW have one thing too many imo; either some cooldowns, energy, mastery or chi needs to go away. BM is a terrible afterthought of a spec that is way too dependent on healers its ridiculous and absolutely not fun (or useful solo) to play. I now fully understand why monks are the least played class in this game.

My DH has a much higher quality of life. Much tankier and everything is available when you need it. I'd recommend the class to anyone that likes as much control over their character as possible.

WOD demo might have been the greatest spec of all time. I was pissed when they changed it

Shaman was the only class I found enjoyable in PTR testing, so that's what I went with.... and even there, elemental is a very clunky, awkward spec in a few ways.

Every single class I was interested in at one point or another was made un-entertaining by either the Legion or WoD prunes. Hunters, who really lost the script after Wrath, are really noteworthy here, as that was my main for Wrath through MoP... I'd say the addition of focus is probably the only beneficial thing that's happened to the class in the past several expansions.

I'm playing mostly DPS War, which I have since late vanilla, allthough I mostly played during TBC and WotLK. Personally I think Warrior without stances, hard hitting abilities (MS/BT/Execute) and Heroic Strike as filler feels pretty awful. However, I like it more than the other classes I've tried.

Also yes, a fully stacked MS wih CS debuff and SD buff hits very hard, but I miss it hitting hard when just pressing the button. Execute as Arms currently feels awful, not to even mention CS droughts which will be getting a lot more frequent in this weeks patch. After the patch it will be either playing a completely RNG dependant spec that averages middle of the pack ST and has poor AoE, or play a spec that feels like an angry child having a tantrum and also be in the middle of the pack while taking 30 % more damage than other specs.

I realize this post is quite negative, but I dont like what they did to warriors and this patch is making it even worse.

I came back for demon hunter. Was having a blast but we will see after the nerfs hit. The biggest issue for me is that now end game consists of endless questing and grubdibg AP. So much so that I can't even get into leveling a alt with out feeling like I'm falling behind.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Holy Paladin - I've played a holy paladin since Horde got them back in BC. I played a resto shaman before that. It took a bit to get used to healing the old way again, reactive and not proactive. With our mastery bubbles it became the mindless game of just spamming heals on everyone over and over to build the bubble up regardless if damage was going out or not. Now I have to pay more attention on what heals to use in certain situations and I have to use my cool-downs more efficiently. I miss Holy Radiance at times since party and raid damage can get tricky but overall I am really enjoying the changes. I don't miss the Holy Power mechanic at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play multiple classes so I'll share my thoughts on each of them.

Shaman (enhancement): LEAGUES better. Took me a bit to get used to them but after I did I ended up loving them so much. They became my favorite class to play.

Paladin (retribution): Better. Ret paladins were always fun to play for me but the rearrangement and addition of new spells I think made them better and more fun to play.

Mage (fire): Better. I actually used to hate the changes. Before WoD's pruning mages had lots of spells to use and they were all very fun to use. After they pruned them we were left with fewer spells and at the time I thought they were shells of what they used to be. Over time though I came to realize that a lot of those fun spells I hardly ever used/needed anyway and the only reason why I hated the change was because I was so used to how they were. Even though I don't have all those spells anymore Blizzard changed them in a way that compensates for the loss of those spells.

Hunter (was beast master, now marksman): Eh, I'm still iffy on this one. I loved playing beast master before Legion but now I don't really enjoy it as much. I'll have to play more of my hunter as I did not really get to him yet but the little I did play I just did not like beast master's change. I ended up going with marksman because it had abilities that were more fun.

Warrior (fury): SO much better. Seriously, it is now so much more fun playing as warrior. That new 3 hit combo move is just amazing.

Warlock (demonology): They're ok. I personally liked them better before the class overhauls.

Rogue (outlaw): Much better. I've only really tried out the outlaw spec but I can say that it's really fun and definitely an improvement.

Druid (balance): I've never played much of druids but I can definitely say I am having loads more fun than I was when I was leveling my druid up. I enjoy them so much that I actually used my free boost on him and I'm actually excited to play him in Legion.

Priest: Never was interested in them. I will say though that I don't like how you're constantly in shadow form when you're shadow spec and discipline seems to be more healing now than DPS/healing. I'd really like this spec to become more of a DPS spec as I don't really like shadow spec. Maybe they could mix up shadow spells with holy spells? I'd probably play them then.

Death knight (frost): A little better. I was never really able to get into death knights for some reason but they seem to be a little more fun than before so now I'm actually inclined to play them this time.

Monk (windwalker): About the same. They are still fun to play as they always have been for me. They don't feel much different from before, not that it's a bad thing. One thing I don't like though is how your weapons on your back have become decorations instead of actual weapons. You don't even use them. Unless I'm somehow missing something.

I also want to add that the new sounds and animations contribute to making these classes so much fun. Also the way the class specs are now they make more sense.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-26 at 03:18 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket.

- - - Updated - - -

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon

- - - Updated - - -

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.

- - - Updated - - -

"One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket. yoiu

- - - Updated - - -

"One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket..

- - - Updated - - -

"One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket..

- - - Updated - - -

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water

- - - Updated - - -

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water

- - - Updated - - -

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water hot

- - - Updated - - -

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water water

- - - Updated - - -

“Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=UnifiedDivide;42508963]My Hunter was the first character I created in Vanilla and has been my main since then. Primarily played MM for most of my time playing the game. I think it's currently much, much worse than it has ever been.

Haven't really played anything else in Legion, so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Dearest,
    I know

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-26 at 03:34 PM.

Playing Mage for the first time and loving it. Formally mained Warrior and Druid before that.

Warriors are just very... bleh right now. Arms and Prot are getting nerfed soon and Fury is just a clusterfuck of bad decisions.

Druids on the other hand look quite good (all of the specs pretty much). Feral was my favorite spec back when I raided the most (WotLK), but it just doesn't look that fun right now. I may return to the spec as my main if they finally get rid of Savage Roar and fix their shit-tier aoe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy protwarrior, even with the incoming nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played my druid since Vanilla. Been feral basically since then for better or worse. The spec has had a ton of ups and downs. In vanilla and BC it might as well not have even existed since if you were a Druid you were really only viable healing. I have been happy with the spec since Wrath though and while I think Wrath/Cataclysm was overall my favorite version of the spec Legion feels fine. AoE is garbage but single target is pretty good.

Only other class I play a lot of is WW Monk and in Legion they nailed it IMO. I loved how they felt in MoP but they totally fucked it in WoD for me. Legion though everything about the spec feels great. It is fun and I love that it is sort of fluid in how you play. Sure there is a rotation of sorts still but I never feel like I am just going down the line pressing the same buttons in the same order. Haven't had this much fun playing a spec in a long time.

I admit I think Blizzard did well with demonology warlock, given they took a chunk of abilities away to give to the DH.

Being a demonic zookeeper with most damage coming from the zoo makes sense. And the rotation went from ridiculous to just complex. :P
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    I admit I think Blizzard did well with demonology warlock, given they took a chunk of abilities away to give to the DH.

Being a demonic zookeeper with most damage coming from the zoo makes sense. And the rotation went from ridiculous to just complex. :P
    Demonology looks like a pile of AIDS. It doesn't help that old demo was perhaps the most refined spec in the game to begin with

Deleted
    my main is unholy dk and i like it more then wod just miss bloodtap litle bit.

I aslo like ww monk, sub rogue, fire and frost mage, hpally, ret pally, prot warr, demo lock, enhance shaman, MM hunter is also like but not as much as the others, resto shaman ,frost dk.

So overall im quite happy iwth how legion classes/specs turned out only spec i really dont like is blood dk.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Demonology looks like a pile of AIDS. It doesn't help that old demo was perhaps the most refined spec in the game to begin with
    Eh, I disagree. It had a 13 button rotation for a while. :P

New demo has some of the old feel plus some affliction flavor, only my DOTs are demonic ankle biters.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.