Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Otsdarvaa View Post
    Hi, I have the rank 1 parse on heroic xavius and I did not get a single 6 roll and only 2 3 buff rolls. so it is not nearly as luck dependent as you are making it out to be.
    Otsdarvaa is currently ranked 3rd in overall outlaw dps, I am ranked 30th. On normal, I am ranked 11th overall in the world and I have several top 20 parses on both difficulties.

I feel that our performance alone should be enough credentials to speak on the matter. I had one 6 buff in all 14 bosses. I ranked in the 99% on every fight on normal and ~85% on every fight on heroic. The two fights where I have 99 or 100% on heroic were cleave fights where I did not get a single triple buff or six buff. I just know how to scumbag dps better than most players.

How you roll can certainly impact your dps, but even if you don't roll well you can still do great damage. Having a legendary or runthrough relics, or bis trinkets affects your dps more than good rolls.

As far as anyone who thinks that assassination is better than outlaw. It isn't. The only reason it performed well early the first day is because the bosses that were being killed were tank and spank single target. As soon as people started killing aoe fights or fights with actual mechanics, outlaw took over.

Not only is the spec more versatile, but it has better scaling. Unless something changes with tuning, outlaw is the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Ok, so:

2 times a 3.8% chance to get three buffs

in a 7 minute is not lucky? Of course I am sure you played realy realy good, and of course your raid played realy good also which helps a lot.
    But it would be more probably that you have to reroll three times in a row every time for only two buffs.
    I mean have you even played the spec? Yeah there are times you reroll and get solo Grand Melee back to back but for the most part it isn't that bad to get a 2/3 buff or a well timed TB/SiW. Even with mediocre rolls your DPS will be very good. The only time you get surprisingly bad parses is when you get incredibly unlucky. Chances are you will have approximately 2 buffs on average throughout the fight if you reroll properly.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityRogue View Post
    As far as anyone who thinks that assassination is better than outlaw. It isn't. The only reason it performed well early the first day is because the bosses that were being killed were tank and spank single target. As soon as people started killing aoe fights or fights with actual mechanics, outlaw took over.
    Before this week I though we'd see that Assassination would deal better on chaotic fights because so much of their damage is from bleeds, so reduced uptime would penalize them less. But I'm finding the same...The more chaotic a fight the better for Outlaw.
    Last edited by Rixxis; 2016-09-23 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    Before this week I though we'd see that Assassination would deal better on chaotic fights because so much of their damage is from bleeds, so reduced uptime would penalize them less. But I'm finding the same...The more chaotic a fight the better for Outlaw.
    It's mostly because Outlaw requires 0 setup between target swapping, unlike Assassination which needs bleeds in place

Also, as far as parses go, first week is irrelevant

I've seen half the parses from people not using Old War potion because of its current high price and that'd have been like, what, 10% more on their total damage?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeezy View Post
    I would be fine never rolling a 6 again if they made it so you always get 2 or 3.
    Yeah, that would be a welcomed change.

you guys ask for too much and dont consider enough about rolling.
    in theory fishing for 2 buffs !always! is the most dps increase..but thats just theory.
    using tb/shark properly in some aoe fights or to reduce ar (for dreadblades cd share)..or even cloak later in mystik (1st boss) will be pretty cool..progress wise.

ppl are so focused on this stupid rolls...the only change that is really needed - just for QOL - is to not reroll the same single buff..if you reroll with one buff.

thats enough rng to remove.

everyone who consitently is unlucky with either dmg or rolls...just sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    So here's my Ursoc kill, snipped to be the same length as yours. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&end=10626773

While running ghostly strike I manage to get off 6 more run throughs and 9 more saber slashes. I believe you're probably using pistol shot too much in situations where it's not advisable to do so (energy capping situations) or wasting CP. Outlaw logs are really hard to break down you can tell from raw ability usage there's room for improvement. Also make sure you're prioritizing run through relics. We had roughly the same crit rate on RT but I was hitting 260k harder (a lot of this is gear, yes, but I was only 852 at the time of this I think).
    Hm, maybe, but I don't use Ghostly Strike (and never will), it's too boring. But still, should do more damage :/ Don't have any Run Through relics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hm, maybe, but I don't use Ghostly Strike (and never will), it's too boring. But still, should do more damage :/ Don't have any Run Through relics though.
    How in the world is Ghostly strike more boring than a set and forget talent?

Please don't bother posting for DPS advice if you're not even going to bother running optimal talents. You clearly don't care that much. The best advice anyone can give you is "run the right talents" and you won't even do that. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Those relics deals a ton of damages for sure .