Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So in my small raiding guild of about 15-20 active people we have been doing mythics, ALOT of heroics, many mythic+ runs and full clear of the raid + also each player doing world quests each day and other stuff. before the "legendary fix" we had 2 separate people with legendary, since the "legendary fix" we have had 2 more drop one too each of the two people who already had one. one of the people with them probably has the least played time in the guild. from our guilds perspective it has not been fixed and blizzard probably hates us OR RNG is being fucking RNG. i just think its crazy that since the fix ive only seen people with them already get another orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Any reason to suggest why they would lie to us or provide any evidence?
    It isn't even that they're lying. They might have just not been able to fix the bug when they thought that they did. The only reason anybody is skeptical at this point is because there were so many people telling the skeptical people beforehand that it was just RNG when Blizzard came out and said there was a bug causing people who had already received one legendary to have a higher chance to get more. So... how do we know that this is just RNG this time? ;-;

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I'm so glad you said that. Because of that "we" found that code bug but I bet ppl like you were saying it's RNG because it's not possible for blizzard to fck up. You said you did 100 dungeons to that I can say ONLY 100, i did well over 400 and still don't havr one while ppl with probably much less have 2+
    And? That doesn't mean it's not RNG or that there is a bug. It doesn't mean there isn't a bug either though. I've run a lot fewer than 100 dungeons on my alt and it got a legendary yesterday. RNG is RNG.

guildie got 2 legendaries in like 10mins yesterday we had 5 in total. some people have 2+ now. Im still waiting for my first..

We had one person win 2 on the same night this week, but also had 4 or 5 new people get only 1 legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    people in this thread are pretty dense and dont really understand what RNG means
    No, we are not dense. The issue is that the last time we saw this same pattern people told us the same exact thing you're telling us now and you were all wrong. Blizzard admitted there was a bug and said that they fixed it. They might have tried and failed but we don't know for sure. All we know is that the first time we saw a pattern of people getting multiple legendary items if they had already gotten one was a real pattern and not just RNG and us making shit up. We don't know what to believe now. It COULD just be RNG. I mean the people who got a legendary in the first place were already pretty lucky so it would be plausible they could have just gotten legitimately lucky again... but the last time this was not the case. There was a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No, we are not dense. The issue is that the last time we saw this same pattern people told us the same exact thing you're telling us now and you were all wrong. Blizzard admitted there was a bug and said that they fixed it. They might have tried and failed but we don't know for sure. All we know is that the first time we saw a pattern of people getting multiple legendary items if they had already gotten one was a real pattern and not just RNG and us making shit up. We don't know what to believe now. It COULD just be RNG. I mean the people who got a legendary in the first place were already pretty lucky so it would be plausible they could have just gotten legitimately lucky again... but the last time this was not the case. There was a bug.
    I don't think its as strong of a case as last time. I think we need another week at least to see if it is still bugged.

You just described exactly how RNG works. Just because it doesn't work in your favor doesn't mean it's broken

I actually like the competition that comes with being the only person in a group not to have some of them sick legendaries or 895 RNGesusforged WQ blues.

Deleted
    I don't know, it seems to me there is enough evidence to rule out luck when we're talking drop chance on ppl that have 0 vs those that have 1 or more.

In our guild over the past 3 weeks not 1 single person that has 0 has gotten a legendary drop, while we're up to 5 that already had one or more that got an additional one, and i hear similar stats from others.

To make matters worse if the trend continues, over the next couple weeks ppl will start unlocking the trait that allows them to equip 2 legendaries, creating an even larger gap over those that still have 0.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2016-09-26 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're probably a super casual that's really mad and don't understand what you're looking at in the image there, but that's like winning the lottery. The loot is determined before you open the chests, so the chests both spawned with a legendary in them. It happens. Also RNG is still RNG.
    A lot of people are winning the lottery at the moment........

Statistically getting 2 legendaries in a few hours would be extremely rare and yet we have dozens and dozens of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    I don't know, it seems to me there is enough evidence to rule out luck when we're talking drop chance on ppl that have 0 vs those that have 1 or more.

In our guild over the past 3 weeks not 1 single person that has 0 has gotten a legendary drop, while we're up to 5 that already had one or more that got an additional one, and i hear similar stats from others.

To make matters worse if the trend continues, over the next couple weeks ppl will start unlocking the trait that allows them to equip 2 legendaries, creating an even larger gap over those that still have 0.
    Were people getting multiple in the last week? Because the fix was supposed to have gone out only 1.5 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is RNG. There is no guarantee anyone will get one. It's possible to have very, very bad luck or luck that seems odd or coincidental. Our minds need to find a pattern, a reason to explain things even if one doesn't exist.

Also, what @Vegas82 said.
    Yes, just like I'm sure it's RNG that, "coincidentally", most people with legendaries have gotten a second one before anyone else gets their first. This is not fixed, it's still happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Were people getting multiple in the last week? Because the fix was supposed to have gone out only 1.5 weeks ago.
    Yeah had 2 ppl today alone that got additional. 1 got their 2nd while the other got their 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Yeah had 2 ppl today alone that got additional. 1 got their 2nd while the other got their 3rd.
    I got my first yesterday so when I get home from work I'm probably going to spam mythic dungeons...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I got my first yesterday so when I get home from work I'm probably going to spam mythic dungeons...
    Good luck

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is RNG. There is no guarantee anyone will get one. It's possible to have very, very bad luck or luck that seems odd or coincidental. Our minds need to find a pattern, a reason to explain things even if one doesn't exist.

Also, what @Vegas82 said.
    We have to take Blizzard's word on this. And considering they already massively F'ed it up once, their word holds a little less sway than it otherwise would.

So unless they show us the actual algorithm they're using, the player data before and after the "fix", and especially considering some of the drop rates people are still seeing, it's pretty easy to be extremely skeptical about anything being fixed. :P As players we can only see what they allow us to see, and some of it looks pretty sketchy.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    So we have totally blasted out spammed Mythic +2/3/4 3 chests in the recent days.

Also done +5/+7 a few times with 1-2 chests.

Even switched DPS alts in/boosted them in ilvl 785ish and other more well geared alts to get keystones and made 3x chestruns with them.

In total I think we have done aprox. 60+ 3chest runs, few +2 and in total including where we puged or split up aprox 110+ in the past days.

We have seen 0 legendarys drop to anyone.

Untill our guildie joins in today. The second hes in, he gets his Third legendary.

This. Is. Not. RNG.

This. Is. Not. Fixd.

I do not envy him, hes a guildie and its superfun for him, it will really be beneficial for our raid that he got 3 to switch around with.

Its not fun to fight a broken system tho.
    Since the fix 2 in my guild looted a legendary from the daily chest. I got my legendary on my priest twink unfortunately that has less playing time than my monk main. My main has no legendary. My twink has higher ilvl, higher weapon ilvl...

One of my friends who transferred later had 2 legendaries before the fix and is the only one to get a legendary in our mythic+ runs so far, his 3rd.

On the other hand someone on my friend list saw at least 2 legendaries drop for new people during his myth+ runs..

So all in all.....

rng=rng

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Yes, just like I'm sure it's RNG that, "coincidentally", most people with legendaries have gotten a second one before anyone else gets their first. This is not fixed, it's still happening.
    Just because it's not fixed doesn't mean it's not RNG. It's like they're given a 10 sided dice to try and roll a 1 on instead of everyone else having a 20 sided. It's still random, but heavily in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    So we have totally blasted out spammed Mythic +2/3/4 3 chests in the recent days.

Also done +5/+7 a few times with 1-2 chests.

Even switched DPS alts in/boosted them in ilvl 785ish and other more well geared alts to get keystones and made 3x chestruns with them.

In total I think we have done aprox. 60+ 3chest runs, few +2 and in total including where we puged or split up aprox 110+ in the past days.

We have seen 0 legendarys drop to anyone.

Untill our guildie joins in today. The second hes in, he gets his Third legendary.

This. Is. Not. RNG.

This. Is. Not. Fixd.

I do not envy him, hes a guildie and its superfun for him, it will really be beneficial for our raid that he got 3 to switch around with.

Its not fun to fight a broken system tho.
    Show me the evidence. All I see is one lucky person.