Thread: 895 from WQ's

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Yeah....because all mythic raiders are neckbeards that live in their mother's basement. What kind of twisted view is that?
    Not much different from the view most raiders seem to hold about people who don't raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    the WoD system of "RAID OR DIE!"
    Apparently Legion has a "RAID OR YOU DON'T FLY!" -system instead. Oh it'll be so much fun once flying is implemented and it really does require the current achievement which requires you to go into Emerald Nightmare, and people catch on to this latest push by Blizzard to get people into raids.

Must be a dying thing, raiding, and must be that nobody would willingly do it, seeing as though people are basically half forced into it.

But yeah, that's off-topic to this thread. Just reminded me of that.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-26 at 03:58 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not much different from the view most raiders seem to hold about people who don't raid.
    It's not most raiders, it's the tryhards stuck in Heroic. Mythic raiders that actually finish tiers don't care what casuals have. Blizzard realized a long time ago what those tryhard heroes need to learn, raiding is a very niche playstyle, and casual players who will never raid no matter how much you incentivize the shit out of it (or nerf casual options like in WoD) make up the majority NEED meaningful character progression because that's the entire point of an MMO. Raiding doesn't make you a special snowflake anymore. I left organized raiding behind me and I have no desire to ever go back to it.

Yeah....because all mythic raiders are neckbeards that live in their mother's basement. What kind of twisted view is that?
    I lived it, it is what it is. Even if you're in a more relaxed Mythic setting where you're raiding two days a week for just a couple hours, that's still rescheduling your real life around those two nights of raiding and whatever time you spend on prepwork, and farming AP now. If you enjoy it and you're comfortable with it fine but I think it's a disgusting lifestyle and I could never go back to it.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2016-09-26 at 04:01 PM.

Are you dense?

Some dude that's doing mythic dungeons and is ilvl 850 does a World Quest where you have to kill a retarded chicken, and gets an ilvl 895 (EMN HC titanforged) as a reward.... how is that fair compared to mythic raiders that work their asses off to get 880 baseline gear?

It doesn't matter how rare it is, the idea of it is still disgusting.
    Warning special snowflake syndrome is out there in full force. really having the tiny tiny chance of something actually useful from WQ is a good thing but i know why it offends the special snowflakes out there. they might have to share that ilvl for that 1 slot by a couple scrubs according to them that should just stick to blue lvl 810s since they are SCRUBS and 895 gear is for us the ELITE among the special snowflakes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    it's the tryhards stuck in Heroic.
    Mmyeah... That's most raiders then, I'm pretty sure.

It's not most raiders, it's the tryhards stuck in Heroic. Mythic raiders that actually finish tiers don't care what casuals have. Blizzard realized a long time ago what those tryhard heroes need to learn, raiding is a very niche playstyle, and casual players who will never raid no matter how much you incentivize the shit out of it (or nerf casual options like in WoD) make up the majority NEED meaningful character progression because that's the entire point of an MMO. Raiding doesn't make you a special snowflake anymore. I left organized raiding behind me and I have no desire to ever go back to it.

Most of the problems are the wannabes that think they are shitloads better at raiding than they actually are that gets upset over these things real raiders have the hardest difficulty on farm in a week or so after it is released the wannabes should probably spend more time on getting good instead of crying that 1 out of 1000 people got a decent epic from a WQ.

You guys should try diablo 3. It has same player experience as wow and it is cheaper too.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Mmyeah... That's most raiders then, I'm pretty sure.
    You'd be surprised how small the Heroic and Mythic raiding populations actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Warning special snowflake syndrome is out there in full force. really having the tiny tiny chance of something actually useful from WQ is a good thing but i know why it offends the special snowflakes out there. they might have to share that ilvl for that 1 slot by a couple scrubs according to them that should just stick to blue lvl 810s since they are SCRUBS and 895 gear is for us the ELITE among the special snowflakes
    You also think in sports everybody should get gold medal?

I actually really like that there are multiple sources of good gear with harder content just giving a way better chance. It gives a reason to go out and do those world quests even if you are really geared, queue for heroics, do mythic dungeons, etc. They were also right when they said if you have a non depleted keystone people will be falling over themselves to run with you. Look at the group finder right now and you will see tons of groups looking to carry someone that has a mythic +2 keystone.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    You play a game where you have to press a button once every second or so. Get over yourself, lol.

Some people put way too much of their self worth into this game. It's a game where we can all benefit and all have a great time, but instead we want to bitch and complain because we think the game is SOOO hard and we're doing SOOO much work by pressing a few buttons that everyone else has to get shit on because they don't wanna press the buttons in the same order you choose to.

Relax. Play the game.

I'm all for more gear for everyone. Makes pugs easier, makes life easier. The only argument against it is that you're too fucking insecure to just enjoy a video game with another human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I actually really like that there are multiple sources of good gear with harder content just giving a way better chance. It gives a reason to go out and do those world quests even if you are really geared, queue for heroics, do mythic dungeons, etc. They were also right when they said if you have a non depleted keystone people will be falling over themselves to run with you. Look at the group finder right now and you will see tons of groups looking to carry someone that has a mythic +2 keystone.
    So there is no reason to do WQ if it didn't drop piece of loot? You guys are just too obsessed about loot yourselves. Always blaming mythic raiders for being special snowflakes.

Deleted
    You'd be surprised how small the Heroic and Mythic raiding populations actually are.
    This is how I see it;

People who do LFR. Most of these aren't actually even proper raiders. They just use a easy tool from which they can get gear and finish their quests in. Anyone who does only LFR doesn't count as a raider. In fact, even I will most likely have to do LFR in order to get the goddamn flying achievement because of the morons at Blizzard gating flying behind raiding.

Then there's the people who do actual raids with raid groups, up to heroic. These are all the same people. These are the majority of raiders, and these are the people who tend to be the biggest assholes towards people who don't raid. These also tend to be the people who sit around in some city doing /flex in their raid gear or on their raid mount. I make no difference between someone who's managed to raid normal or who's managed to raid heroic. I've known plenty of both, and they've all been the same way.

And then finally people who try for world firsts and shit like that, and I suppose Mythic nowadays. I'd say most of these people are too busy trying to beat each other in their own little competitive sandbox that they really don't care about other people at all, so they don't usually give shit to people who don't raid.

So yeah, that middle group there would be most of the raiders.

It's not about that. It's about having a game with several different ways of playing it, but only giving rewards from one or two of those ways, and leaving the majority of the people who play it out completely, not because they're unable to attain those rewards from those specific ways (for example, raiding and competitive arenas and battlegrounds), but because the game isn't built around those venues and they choose not to take part in them.

So there is no reason to do WQ if it didn't drop piece of loot? You guys are just too obsessed about loot yourselves. Always blaming mythic raiders for being special snowflakes.
    If it gave only 835 loot why would I bother? And I have to lol at you saying I'm blaming mythic raiders when you are doing the same by blaming me, a mythic raider.

The problem with this analogy is the gold medal effectively makes you run faster in the next race

.....which most people would find kind of bullshit in real life, yes.

But I always enjoy these sports analogies comparing an RPG to physical accomplishment, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about Legendaries? Or just a normal item going to 895? Because I've never seen anything go higher than 870 and that was something from Nithogg. It seems like a super rare chance for it to go that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Are you talking about Legendaries? Or just a normal item going to 895? Because I've never seen anything go higher than 870 and that was something from Nithogg. It seems like a super rare chance for it to go that high.
    Yeah, its really rare. I saw it once in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If it gave only 835 loot why would I bother? And I have to lol at you saying I'm blaming mythic raiders when you are doing the same by blaming me, a mythic raider.
    WQs give you reasonable things to be worth while.

I didn't say there aren't mythic raiders that aren't obsessed by loot.

I didn't say there aren't mythic raiders that aren't obsessed by loot.

WQs give you reasonable things to be worth while.
    Some of them do, but would you bother with the 835 ones if you were already beyond that? Maybe for enchanting mats.

No, you cry ME a fucking river. You're basically saying you want everyone in the game, regardless of how much effort and time they put in, to be rewarded the same gear. Sure, mythic raiders have astronomically higher chances of it, but as I said, it doesn't matter how small the chance is. It's disgusting.
    How do you have any fucking clue how much time the guy who got the WQ drop put in? He could be clearing every single world quest every day, playing 4-5 hours a day doing shit in game, but because he doesn't let other douchenozzles control his schedule through raiding somehow the raider works harder? That bullshit excuse is over and done with. The game finally has a path for everyone to put in work and improve their gear, even if the chances are small. And all these oh so hard working raiders who just purchased crafted gear with the best stats and then upgraded to the highest max they could with obliterum, then by any high lvl boe on the auction house, what work did they put in? Got gold during WOD? Yea, cry me a river

Your mistake is believing that gear is the medal. It isn't. Your medals are titles, mounts, etc, both of which (ironically) get sold to other players once mythic folks have things on farm... but it's weird, you never hear the sellers complaining then. I wonder why.