Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There is no hope, lol.

We have been telling them since last december that they were smoking something really bad whenever they came up with STM. But nope "it's fun to see a shadowpriest fight its own death LOL CLASS FANTASY".

We have been telling everyone and the devs that STM is so powerful, the whole spec is going to suffer from it. But nope "OMG stfu you scrub, you don't know what you are talking about !!!!!!!!!!! It's okay if shadows suck at everything in the game if we are good at some fights with STM !!!! GO DIE PLS" - from "top" SPriests. (when I say "top" i mean those proclaimed hardcore proskilled SPriests that can never show logs to prove their claims.)

We have been given them TONS of ideas and way to fix shadows during all the alpha and all the beta, the shadowpriest thread was the BIGGEST thread on the beta board => no answer from the devs, they didn't listen.

They did listen to high ranked (arena) druids when they cried that shadow was too strong so they nerfed shadow in pvp. That's something :')

So yeah, sorry but hope will come back when STM will go away.

- - - Updated - - -

And when you see the amount of people who saw the "mind sear damage increased by 50%" and thought "wow, SP got buffed so hard !" you understand that hope is forever gone.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    theres an honor talent that lets mind sear apply shadow word pain. Also mind flay does it on that same talent.
    Cannot fathom why Blizzard gave AoE capabilities of Priests as PvP Honor Talents while knowingly allowing SPs to be incredibly shit at AoE for PvE...

Deleted
    Simply revert Void Torrent and Mass Hysteria nerfs, make sure we are never able to S2M twice on the same fight ever again. I like my S2M and want it to remain, but using it twice not only breaks our dps but also defeats the fantasy of this skill, using it once for ultimate sacrafice.

Dispersion change could go through, I like as it is on live and it would be a hit to our Voidform uptime in general, but I can take that one.

Scrap that idea of Shadowform increasing our damage by 10% in 7.1 entirely, it's not needed, thank you. Personally I don't see a point of bringing back Shadowform because it doesn't fit spec anymore and we could have a toggle similar to Worgen racial allowing us to disable Voidform/Insanity effects outside of combat.

For me Shadow was generally brilliant before the announced nerfs, apart from obvious things like poor talent choices in Tier 1 and 7 especially and lack of burst AoE.
    Last edited by mmoc37c4ca2be5; 2016-09-26 at 04:01 PM.

lol mind sear
    hopefully they give it a cast time like void eruption in order to balance the totally OP 50% buff it's getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rym1469 View Post
    Simply revert Void Torrent and Mass Hysteria nerfs, make sure we are never able to S2M twice on the same fight ever again. I like my S2M and want it to remain, but using it twice not only breaks our dps but also defeats the fantasy of this skill, using it once for ultimate sacrafice.

Dispersion change could go through, I like as it is on live and it would be a hit to our Voidform uptime in general, but I can take that one.

Scrap that idea of Shadowform increasing our damage by 10% in 7.1 entirely, it's not needed, thank you. Personally I don't see a point of bringing back Shadowform because it doesn't fit spec anymore and we could have a toggle similar to Worgen racial allowing us to disable Voidform/Insanity effects outside of combat.

For me Shadow was generally brilliant before the announced nerfs, apart from obvious things like poor talent choices in Tier 1 and 7 especially and lack of burst AoE.
    So let me understand you. You want "class fantasy" over viability and actually having a place in pve and and pvp. If you want class fantasy go to moon guard and dance in the tavern, the rest of us want this class to get fixed.

Also you thought long ramp up with a short window of burst that is void form was "brilliant"? OH dear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Cannot fathom why Blizzard gave AoE capabilities of Priests as PvP Honor Talents while knowingly allowing SPs to be incredibly shit at AoE for PvE...
    Because the devs at blizzard are obviously drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    hopefully they give it a cast time like void eruption in order to balance the totally OP 50% buff it's getting.
    I hope this is sarcasm

A lot of good ideas but it sounds to me like you're a raider since you didnt even address the pathetic amount of cc's on that tier. Mind bomb is awful and so are the rest.
    Yeah, I had PvE in mind and ran out of space.

For PvP i would;
    Scream would be 30 seconds base
    Mind Bomb wouldn't replace Scream
    Mind Bomb 30 Second Cooldown (now dispellable)
    Psychic Voice would change Scream to a Horror (doesn't break on damage)
    Dominate Mind usable against players, make mindcontrol Instant cast and cause a 50% slow for 3seconds after it breaks, 3 minute cooldown (slow is not dispellable/avoidable)
    Last edited by tiptopmemer; 2016-09-26 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Updated the original notes with some Fury Warrior changes and fixed a couple of errors.

Also, as a note, remember that we are reading all of the feedback being posted, and we have some changes coming to this for a couple of classes based on discussion here. No ETA on when those will be posted, but they should be a part of this hotfix when it's pushed live.
    from http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=46#post-903
    The nerf of both MH, and Void Torent and Dispersion is coming (so is winter).

I dream of a world where Surrender to Madness is just a passive that increases Insanity generation by 50% in Voidform and reduces it by 66% outside of Voidform.

One talent for short, frequent Voidforms, one talent for long, infrequent Voidforms, and Mind Spike for.. I dunno, easily spotting people who are bad at optimization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    Mass Hysteria with Surrender to Madness combo was and is currently (until Tuesday) the most broken damage oriented spells that ever existed in the 12 years of this game's existence.

You seriously cannot argue that I am wrong there...The only cap on the % damage increase on MH is 3 minutes which by my math is 360% increased DoT damage (assuming it stacked in an additive manner) in addition to the haste buff a single spriest could've been doing about equal dps to the tanks for 66% of the fight and then in execute phase skyrocket past the top dpser and win the meter race by a few million damage.

If you have no clue what you're talking about, why don't you just keep quiet? MH damage is tied to VF stacks.

Mass Hysteria with Surrender to Madness combo was and is currently (until Tuesday) the most broken damage oriented spells that ever existed in the 12 years of this game's existence.

You seriously cannot argue that I am wrong there...The only cap on the % damage increase on MH is 3 minutes which by my math is 360% increased DoT damage (assuming it stacked in an additive manner) in addition to the haste buff a single spriest could've been doing about equal dps to the tanks for 66% of the fight and then in execute phase skyrocket past the top dpser and win the meter race by a few million damage.
    Yes, it's broken and leads to dangerous scaling in the future. Fine, then remove it. However, what Spriests are annoyed about is that the one thing that makes the class special in any way is being nerfed, while we're still mediocre at ramp-up (zero attempts to address or even acknowledge that issue by Blizz) and AoE (Mind Sear buff feels like a troll, it's so insignificant.)

Shadowpriests need higher damage outside of VF and S2M. If that happened, then nerf S2M combos all you want. Spriests are being hamstrung by a broken talent, and it shows more in M+ than raiding.

Deleted

You seriously cannot argue that I am wrong there...The only cap on the % damage increase on MH is 3 minutes which by my math is 360% increased DoT damage (assuming it stacked in an additive manner)
    How can people come into thread and throw around terms like "You seriously cannot argue that I am wrong" when they don't even know what the fuck they are talking about?! At 2 min of getting drain stacks void form drains 68,5 insanity a sec that is far past the point of sustainability no matter what amount of haste you have and 3 min would be 98,5 insanity drain a sec.

Also, and more revealing of how little you know, mass hysteria was capped at a 100 stacks (or 200% DoT damage) just like our haste stacks.

Was it strong? Yes.
    Was it OP? That's up for debate.
    Should you stop asserting truths concerning stuff you dont know anything about? I think we would all like that.

You need to understand these number hotfixes can be done 10 minutes before a restart if need be.

The fundamental class changes can't be done like this though so no trait changes will be done until 7.1 at least.

No, they can. Remember when Blizzard hot-fixed an entirely new talent into the Paladin class, Cavalier?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I dream of a world where Surrender to Madness is just a passive that increases Insanity generation by 50% in Voidform and reduces it by 66% outside of Voidform.

One talent for short, frequent Voidforms, one talent for long, infrequent Voidforms, and Mind Spike for.. I dunno, easily spotting people who are bad at optimization.
    Thats your dream? Being the worst damage dealer ever? Do you know where shadow is with LotV? It is below every single spec, and your idea of StM wouldn't make things better. It would work if those 2 came with a big fat damage buff, but we would still need an actual aoe spell.

The one change I want to see is the last tier reworked (okay that's 2 small things changed.)

LotV - In addition to its current effect, increase insanity generation while in voidform by a %.
    Mind Spike - I think I would replace this talent, or change how it works. First, it should scale per stack rather than be linear damage, to have more incentive to 'build up' stacks. Then, mind blast should proc ALL mind spikes on all mobs. The result becomes some choice between stacking up more mind spikes on multiple mobs rather than mindlessly using the same rotation except replacing mind flay with spike. As a cherry I'd make the explosion damage activate if the mob dies.

There are many other talents I would change, but the thing I hate the most is our final tier and how boring it is outside of S2M.

10+ Year Old Account
    One small change I'd like to see...

SW:P and VT having the same dot duration. That four second gap annoys the heck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    One small change I'd like to see...

SW:P and VT having the same dot duration. That four second gap annoys the heck out of me.
    Oh my god, please. Also, increase SWP's duration rather than reducing VT's

nerf S2M insanity generation and give across the board 15-20%ish buffs to all shadow spells.

increase duration of swp/vt to pre-leg durations of 15+ seconds.

some sort of meaningful aoe, either through super buffing shadow crash or mind sear, or doing something else entirely (buffs/changes to SoI).

if this is done, there you go, there's a reason to play a shadowpriest. if not, then whatever i'll stick with mage, because neither fire nor arc have any glaring mechanical holes that keep them from being useful in raid encounters.