Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Except where the prices won't drop off drastically, because you need the herbs for big haste bufffood, Vantus Runes (!), and still pots and flasks.

It's because blizz doesn't like hardcore raiders playing for free so now 1 raid night costs as much as 30 days of game time.

They're fixing this with the Blood vendor in 7.1, I think. Expect prices to go down a good bit if it is what I think it is.

That's the best they can do. They can't start demanding maximum prices for items from the AH or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    They're fixing this with the Blood vendor in 7.1, I think. Expect prices to go down a good bit if it is what I think it is.

That's the best they can do. They can't start demanding maximum prices for items from the AH or something.
    I still don't see the problem. Mats are rare so prices will be high until there are more players on the AH and/or 7.1. All our mats/pots/flasks are free. We all contribute so our raid teams do not need to buy anything off the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I still don't see the problem. Mats are rare so prices will be high until there are more players on the AH and/or 7.1. All our mats/pots/flasks are free. We all contribute so our raid teams do not need to buy anything off the AH.
    I don't personally think there is a problem, I think the only problem is WoD giving people more gold than they know what to do with and returning players looking at this and not knowing what the hell happened.

But I will say that because of it, gold has never been easier to make, even in WoD. If you want to be a WoW millionaire, just go hang out at the AH for about 15 minutes each day and use the professions you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's because blizz doesn't like hardcore raiders playing for free so now 1 raid night costs as much as 30 days of game time.
    That is the biggest disconnect here imho. The tokens are worth shit for the non-trivial investment. You couldn't even sensibly get a little bonus if you are in a pinch, because you just bought yourself 1 measly raid session for 20 bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

They certainly could tweak the alchemist/herbalism (and while they are at it the mining as well) rng to get level 3 skills/recipes. That would certainly help.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    are you actually expecting people to farm for 8 hours?

Fjarnskaggle alone sucks the entire fun out of the game, its hard to reach, constantly despawns and the ranks bring you nothing good
    So farm mining nodes instead. Or even better drop both of your professions and get mining/herbing when you go out to farm, doubling your effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Biramar View Post
    Ha, my agi flasks are over 3k each. Since I was away for a lot of wod can't really afford to raid
    cleared 7/7 norm and 1/7 H with a 12/13 man raid(cant remember), nobody used legion flasks/pots/neck enchants
    we all used WOD versions or none

you can afford to raid... just not mythic raids

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    first off, let me put on my hip boots cause the shit is deep in this thread. Everyone that knows my wife and i , know that we are not shy to farming. On my HI pop realm it takes both of us with shoulder enchants, 4 hrs to farm up enough herbs for me to make flasks for us for ONE raid night. 3hrs each night, a few nights a week with mythic5's runs in between at the least, and there are tons of people farming herbs on my server, so finding herbs is NOT ezpz, so fuck off with that bullshit.maybe if your on a low pop server or something but not on a hi pop server like mine. we both run the gathering add-on so we can track the node points on the map, we have always farmed all of our stuff and are not shy to farm but this xpac is like vanilla days of farming and that's just out of touch with reality. News flash, not as many people as you may think took advantage of the wod gold farming as you think. All of this makes me laugh cause a lot of you rage at people buying from the cash shop, but all this inflation stuff does is support that even more with people buying the tokens for gold, but how long do you think people will do that? Not very, I can promise you. I'm glad i found out about the gold farming with garrisons before it was too late, but many in the new guild i'm in did not and are broke as hell now. I've been farming my ass off and still yet to get ONE rank 3 alch recipe, never mind all of them to rank 3. It really makes it hard to keep up since my alchemist is my ALT not main.
    Just a little bit of reality for this thread. Now, don't get me wrong. I believe when there is an opportunity to make some gold, that you should. On the other hand you should also be responsible as well by not trying to bankrupt the economy base. The latter is what many don't care about and choose to not take part in.
    PS: Just for clarification, when I said flasks for us, I meant for my wife and I only, i.e. 2 people.
    Last edited by Dewragg; 2016-09-26 at 04:47 PM.

This is the first expac we've had without flying at max level (WoD doesn't count because everyone had free crafting mats) and this is the result.

Prices are going to be high this patch, and stay high, because it takes time to collect stuff, Starlight Rose and Fjarnskaggle especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    WOD destroyed economy. It fed so much gold to everybody that played the garrison minigame it's not even funny. The ridiculous prices you're seeing now are the byproduct of this. And no, things weren't always this expensive. I play on Silvermoon-EU since launch, witnessed 3 launches thus far: MOP, WOD and Legion. In MOP a flask costed about 300 gold each at start (Golden Lotus was worth ~250 gold each), DPS potions were in the venue of 10-15 gold each.

Now you have 3000 gold for flask and 500-800 gold for potions.

This would mean 1000% inflation on flasks and 3000-5000% inflation on potions.

That's simply not true.

The gold generation didn't increased 10-50 fold. Average world quest gives 80 gold, rarer ones give 200, dungeon quests give 600. MOP daily quests gave 19g per and you could do A SHIT TON OF THEM.

In MOP you could do your dailies and you had enough gold for one flask and a stack of potions.
    In Legion you can't even afford a single potion set (prepot + combatpot) from a set of gold quests.

To accomodate the current pricing, you would need to earn about 1000g from each common world quest (2000-6000g from rarer ones). This would be in line with the garrison missions from WOD. They caused this shit. Imagine 4k Bling mission or 6k shipyard mission, how much damage this does to the economy. Now multiply this by 10 cos everyone had a crapton of alts. I was making 100k/week off this garrison bullshit. 100k/week added to the economy LOL.

Also, the material requirement for pots is way too high compared to flasks.

So now you either have to:

1) Roll gathering and farm like it's Vanilla WoW again
    2) Have a fuckton of gold you amassed in WOD
    3) Spend a ludicrous amount of money on WoW tokens
    4) Be in a tryhard guild that makes mountains of gold via selling boost runs

You have plenty of players with 1,000,000+ gold after WOD on the market, thus the prices are pure lunacy, unreachable for somebody that didn't entered the expac with very large gold reserve.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-09-26 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Everyone wanted a game like Vanilla. Now you have it. Herb or quit trying hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Wont be a situation come 7.1 but I agree its a MAJOR concern right now.
    just take herbalism and its fixed, i am amazed at the amount of lazy people who just dont wnt to farm. Basically the majority of entitled wow babies who are too lazy and go out and farm, which then drives the market up when small groups of people are doing the farming, thus driving prices up. I just took one of m y lower level alts with herbalism and farmed the herbs,making sure i had my pots/flasks for heroic while also making a ton of gold at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Everyone wanted a game like Vanilla. Now you have it. Herb or quit trying hard.
    idk get whats so hard about farming, i see people whining about how much time it takes but they are ok with farming mounts/pets for days on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I suspect that the prices will drop considerably once more people unlock rank 3 in herbing and alchemy (for the relevant herbs & pots/flasks).

And otherwise, we'll just be heading back to the Vanilla/TBC situation where people will get used to not making use of pots or flasks unless they feel it'll definitely be a kill next pull (with the help of consumables).
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Things are usually pretty expensive in the beginning of a new xpac. Things will lower as more people level up, etc.
    They speak the truth here, not much else to add to the thread really...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    WOD destroyed economy. It fed so much gold to everybody that played the garrison minigame it's not even funny. The ridiculous prices you're seeing now are the byproduct of this. And no, things weren't always this expensive. I play on Silvermoon-EU since launch, witnessed 3 launches thus far: MOP, WOD and Legion. In MOP a flask costed about 300 gold each at start (Golden Lotus was worth ~250 gold each), DPS potions were in the venue of 10-15 gold each.

Now you have 3000 gold for flask and 500-800 gold for potions.

This would mean 1000% inflation on flasks and 3000-5000% inflation on potions.

That's simply not true.

The gold generation didn't increased 10-50 fold. Average world quest gives 80 gold, rarer ones give 200, dungeon quests give 600. MOP daily quests gave 19g per and you could do A SHIT TON OF THEM.

In MOP you could do your dailies and you had enough gold for one flask and a stack of potions.
    In Legion you can't even afford a single potion set (prepot + combatpot) from a set of gold quests.

To accomodate the current pricing, you would need to earn about 1000g from each common world quest (2000-6000g from rarer ones). This would be in line with the garrison missions from WOD. They caused this shit. Imagine 4k Bling mission or 6k shipyard mission, how much damage this does to the economy. Now multiply this by 10 cos everyone had a crapton of alts. I was making 100k/week off this garrison bullshit. 100k/week added to the economy LOL.

Also, the material requirement for pots is way too high compared to flasks.

So now you either have to:

1) Roll gathering and farm like it's Vanilla WoW again
    2) Have a fuckton of gold you amassed in WOD
    3) Spend a ludicrous amount of money on WoW tokens
    4) Be in a tryhard guild that makes mountains of gold via selling boost runs

You have plenty of players with 1,000,000+ gold after WOD on the market, thus the prices are pure lunacy, unreachable for somebody that didn't entered the expac with very large gold reserve.
    I came into legion with 15m gold, and that was just from Mythic carries,its not an issue for myself but I still took up herbalism on a lower level alt to farm herbs while they are really high to make more gold. What's a tryhard guild?Is Top 50 tryhard? Usually tryhard is reserved for bads trying to be good putting in a lot of time while still failing. If you can clear fast enough to sell boost runs, there no try hard in that, we are already selling mythic+ carries lol.

I've been getting the feeling that the inflated prices for shit are being established by a relatively small group of players that abused garrisons in WoD and stockpiled insane amounts of gold. I see it all the time, people assuming that everyone has hundreds of thousands of gold or even millions while in reality there's lots of people that are just SoL because they just don't have all this gold that some people seem to have. The people that do have the gold are spending it as if they'll never run out, pricing shit in the thousands and spending even more of it. I think the people that truly have a knack for making gold will be hoarding all the gold spent by the people that hoarded it in WoD that are now spending like there's no tomorrow. They'll be holding onto the gold and the people that suddenly found themselves rich will be spending left and right eventually spending a majority of their gold until they can no longer afford to spend the ridiculous amounts of gold required to do pretty much anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I gotta say I'm surprised how many people can afford it. I've been averaging 300-400k gold for about 5h of work each day since leveling herbalist alt. It will end eventually, but for now the new goldcap looks couple weeks away.
    5 hours a day farming sounds super fun :P There definitely anything else I'd rather be doing than a 2nd job to the one I already have in real life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Except its never been this high and the mats are not suddenly going to appear.
    The only thing that is causing this mark up in cost is the Starlight Rose.

Non-Herbalist need to understand the time it takes to actually farm it.

Herbalists can only attempt to loot one Starlight Rose from each node.

Unranked: Picking the rose will almost guarantee a failed harvest.
    Rank 1: Allows you to pick Starlight more efficiently. (Picking Starlight will fail less often - about a 30% chance to fail)
    Rank 2: Allows the herbalist to find Blood of Sargeras from Starlight Roses. (Same ~30% chance to fail).
    Rank 3: Picking a Starlight Rose will never fail.

Now keep in mind. It still only provides 1 Rose per harvest.

So it's not the herbalist jacking up the prices, it's the bottleneck that the game creates with the limited/failed harvests
    Last edited by Frostyfire14; 2016-09-26 at 08:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    To quote someone on the official forums.

Cata Agi pot - 1 stormvine and 1 whiptail
    MoP Agi pot - 1 green tea leaf 1 silkweed
    WoD Agi pot - 3 fireweed
    Legion Old War pot - 2 starlight rose, 4 foxflower, and 4 fjarnskaggl

Yeah this totally seems like the garrison was why we think this is insane. No sarcasm here no sir these numbers all look even to me.
    Fun fact: people loot an absurd numbers of flowers when they pick a node (except Starlight rose).

So, I slept on it, and I no longer think this is a problem. I think it's a huge problem. It's not just the cost, (which is absurd) it's the amount we need to do content. In expansions past, I would only ever pot if I was raiding. That was fine. I would double pot every pull and it was not an issue. In WoD though, we have relevant content outside of raids. I am talking of course about mythic+.

You cannot get a top clear in mythic+ without potting. Using pots every CD, prepotting trash and bosses, is going to push you about 3-4 levels higher than you could otherwise clear. That is unacceptable to me. Like, if you actually enjoy mythic+, and want to push as high as you can, any series run that reaches the last boss is going to end up using ~20 pots per person. So if you pushed for 8 hours with a hardcore group, each one of you would end up using ~320 pots, which is ~1280-1600 pots between the group, depending on if the healer prepots all the time or not. How is that fair? That's astronomically more expensive than raiding. On a per person basis, (using material costs from my server) that's around 60k gold worth of potions per person per hour.

This is unsustainable for even the richest motherfuckers in the game. Even if you had gold cap, pushing 8 hours a day you'd run out of gold entirely in less than a month. What this means, is that you will only really get a few chances per week to push. And mythic+ is no longer really about skill. Like, if you can clear an 11 with pots, then you'll only be able to clear a 7 or 8 without pots, and that won't really be all that challenging if you're meeting the tanking/healing/coordination requirements for 11.

I think I'd feel way better about consumables if they couldn't be used in mythic+. That would also make the race for first 15 way more interesting, because as it stands now it looks like it will fall over dead as soon as people with mythic raid gear get some time on their hands.