Thread: 895 from WQ's

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Are you talking about Legendaries? Or just a normal item going to 895? Because I've never seen anything go higher than 870 and that was something from Nithogg. It seems like a super rare chance for it to go that high.
    It is. The system does a pass/fail roll at every level - like if it's an 810 it rolls for the 815 upgrade, then again for the 820, etc. (from my memory, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm paraphrasing a developer explanation, I hope).

You have to basically succeed in all those rolls (which have a tiny percentage of succeeding individually, so infinitesimal all together) to get an 895. With the amount of people playing and the amount of gear on offer, I have seen a few people that strike it lucky, but that was on a single piece of gear for each.

Trying to get a full set that way would be an extremely inefficient use of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Some of them do, but would you bother with the 835 ones if you were already beyond that? Maybe for enchanting mats.
    Those mats don't come out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Your mistake is believing that gear is the medal. It isn't. Your medals are titles, mounts, etc, both of which (ironically) get sold to other players once mythic folks have things on farm... but it's weird, you never hear the sellers complaining then. I wonder why.
    I never complain about selling runs because gaining gold is just another part of the game and if someone has 1-2m to spend on getting carried through mythic they are clearly winning at the game or spending a ton of money with the wow tokens.

I also really like gold...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Those mats don't come out of nowhere.
    But you would still be better off running mythic dungeons for a chance at an upgrade and just deing the excess.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game hasn't been about gear in a long time, you have achievements instead of gear now to try and show off your dickscore to people who don't care.

Everyone having gear is better for everyone, because nearly everyone pugs, and gear is the only thing in this game that can slightly help with people who still don't know how to move out of fire, and a lot of those people pug.

I never complain about selling runs because gaining gold is just another part of the game and if someone has 1-2m to spend on getting carried through mythic they are clearly winning at the game or spending a ton of money with the wow tokens.

I also really like gold...
    Not sure how buying a run is any less despicable or more deserving than landing a piece of gear from a WQ. But hey, if you're cool with enabling the very behavior that you seem to dislike in this thread, more power to ya.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be honest. The less farming of gear, my raid has to do. The happier I am. So, sure, I have no problem with 895 loot dropping from WQs as long as it's as rare as it does dropping from bosses.

Not sure how buying a run is any less despicable or more deserving than landing a piece of gear from a WQ. But hey, if you're cool with enabling the very behavior that you seem to dislike in this thread, more power to ya.
    I never said anything about it being despicable to get a world quest 895. In fact I said:

I actually really like that there are multiple sources of good gear with harder content just giving a way better chance. It gives a reason to go out and do those world quests even if you are really geared, queue for heroics, do mythic dungeons, etc. They were also right when they said if you have a non depleted keystone people will be falling over themselves to run with you. Look at the group finder right now and you will see tons of groups looking to carry someone that has a mythic +2 keystone.

p2w is the same shit category as easy loot from wq.

They should just add button to have best gear, cause all these guys just want to be awesome and not have slightest effort in doing so.

They should just add button to have best gear, cause all these guys just want to be awesome and not have slightest effort in doing so.
    Gear doesn't make anyone "awesome" and it never has. A shitty player with great gear is still going to be a shitty player. Shitty players have been getting great gear for as long as great players are willing to sell it to them, anyway.

I have no issue with WQ or their rewards, because it brings a life to the game that it hasn't had for years. Sitting in town waiting for raid time or sitting in LFG for hours to get in some shitty group for that one minor upgrade you need was never fun gameplay. At least now, when I log on I have rewarding things to do between raids.

And the issue isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. I've been doing every world quest available every day and I'm sitting at 835 still, and that's only because of the upgrades I got in our EN clear. You make it out as if every shitty player in WoW is sitting in full 895 gear and preparing to clear Mythic EN next week.

Shit, in WoD, by the time you hit 100 you pretty much outgeared heroic dungeons anyway (or at least the people I played with did) leaving stale ass content that nobody has any reason to run. Having the much smoother progression through WQ and the gearing system now is just a QOL thing, and a great one at that.

I never said anything about it being despicable to get a world quest 895. In fact I said:
    Right, my original quote was another poster. This got sidetracked a bit.

You enjoy saying inflammatory things with no actual content or value because you enjoy the responses, I see.

I've completed over 500 WQs (granted, not all of them for gear) and have seen one 880 item and one 860 item. Everything else has been 850 or lower.

It's fine the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    You enjoy saying inflammatory things with no actual content or value because you enjoy the responses, I see.
    Well, yes, I don't really expect thread full of player whos ideal game is legion would understand what I'm trying to say, or lets say, are not willing to try to understand.

Don't you worry, it's not like blizzard would ever do what I might find interesting, cause they get much more money out of legion model.

You also think in sports everybody should get gold medal?

Everyone doesnt get a gold medal and everyone doesnt get a 895 from a WQ so whats so hard to understand about that? or is it just the special snowflake syndrome striking again. i think it is the later that is the issue here special snowflakes feeling like they cant be special anymore just because 1 out of 1000 got something decent for once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I've completed over 500 WQs (granted, not all of them for gear) and have seen one 880 item and one 860 item. Everything else has been 850 or lower.

It's fine the way it is.
    Completed well over 500 as well and so far ZERO items over 850 in reward from them and ZERO legendarys as well guess it is too common for some people that we can go on with well over 500 quests and get ZERO rewards from them that is actually useful and not just another downgrade to be vendored instantly

One of the great things about Legion is that there are different paths to gearing up your character. That gives far more people more ways to be entertained and keep playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurnoire View Post
    One of the great things about Legion is that there are different paths to gearing up your character. That gives far more people more ways to be entertained and keep playing.
    I actually find the main benefit of WQs is to circumvent the ridiculous ilvl requirements for mythic dungeons set by none other than players themselves. Some ask for 850 but most are 830-845, which is achievable with WQs. Much better than having to grind hc's forever and pray to rng-jesus.
    I really can't stand dungeon grinds, perfect way to ruin great content. WQs are tedious and boring after a week but at least there is some diversity in what to grind.

As for raider exclusivity: I don't see the point. Mythic raid gear will stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    No, you cry ME a fucking river. You're basically saying you want everyone in the game, regardless of how much effort and time they put in, to be rewarded the same gear. Sure, mythic raiders have astronomically higher chances of it, but as I said, it doesn't matter how small the chance is. It's disgusting.
    i only play wow for raids, and i dont give a fck if someone else have 895 with no effort lmao, who cares? am i 12yo child ?? i log on WoW to have fun not to have more than others.

Your kind of player in any community its disgusting

You also think in sports everybody should get gold medal?
    sports are a competition, you are not against other players.

- - - Updated - - -

oh god this thread is driving me crazy, so much people bitching about others having same or more with less effort.

WHO. CARES?. Doing all WQ in your map only to see if that 825 upgrades to 895 its more effort than heroic raiding. that grind is true effort.

and for once for all

RAIDING ITS NOT EFFORT! ITS FUN!!!!!

considering my RNG luck in dungeons if not for WQ's i'd probably still be tanking normals..... more paths to gear the better.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post

You get it? You raid NOT JUST for the gear, but actually for the EXPERIENCE! and the inner sense of accomplishment!

Nope. 95% why people(myself included) raid is the gear incentive. Take that away, and there would be but a mere fraction of raids going on.