Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Well if you use JoL you might wana ask ur prot pala to swap to something else. Also Sanctified Wrath is not only about those 10 extra seconds... but more about the lower cd on ur HS which for me is usually 1st or 2nd on healing.
    So with it having only a 120 sec CD, and lasting 30 seconds, that's 25% uptime if you use it on CD - is it recommended to do that rather than wait for that big blast of damage (since it's also gonna save us more mana using it more often), or is it still worth holding it as a 'proper raid CD' and use it only when everyone gets whammied?

Deleted
    Treat it like a personal cooldown. Other classes have much better raid cooldowns. I would generally use on CD, but see if you can reasonably time it for the bad phase. Cenarius, Xavius, Ursoc all have 30% phases with a lot of damage going on.

And this will net me better heals than the JoL buff being on the boss for the whole fight, just giving small amounts of heals every few seconds?

Deleted
    By not casting JOL you will already gain extra FoL casts, so yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    And this will net me better heals than the JoL buff being on the boss for the whole fight, just giving small amounts of heals every few seconds?
    It will. the amount of burst healing you can output with AW is crazy. if you have reached 32% crit then holy shock has 100% crit chance with wings up, with means 100% infusion of light procs, with the level of haste i have atm (around 5% i think) i can do the following "rotation" with wings;
    Holy Shock - Flash of Light - (Rule of Law)Light of Dawn - Holy Shock - Flash of Light - Bestow Faith - Holy Shock - Flash of Light - Holy Prism etc...
    If you can get your friendly neighbourhood boomkin to innervate you during this phase even better! on Ursoc heroic i would pop wings just after his first charge (whole raid is low) and with wings and this rotation could outheal our resto druids Tranquility.

Deleted
    Hello guys,

I've been keeping up with the thread a bit, and now I've started using the spreadsheet to check for upgrades instead of general stat weights. My current stats are:
    Int: 29556
    Crit: 11016
    Haste: 1650
    Mastery: 4723
    Vers: 350

And the output stat weights result I get are quite suprising:
    Int (1) > Vers (0.81) > Mastery (0.73) > Haste (0.66) > Crit (0.64)

I was kindof expecting crit to still be quite powerful, even seeing as I'm over 32%
    Is this a normal output, or am I doing something wrong?

My character is Merberan-Auchindoun, if that helps.

Thanks,
    Merb

10+ Year Old Account
    Heya paladins,

So with EN out I cleared it on Normal and started getting into Heroic. On first boss I had another pala healer and boy he put me to shame, he was doing 220k HPS while I was at 160k and he did around 40mil healing more in total (his 90 vs mine 50) I was oom towards the end so I was wondering how did he do that?

Most likely I need to change my healing rotation, right now I spam FoL while HS on cd, tried it on myself and the end result was 190k HPS with 24mil total healing, at which point I went oom. Should I switch to sanctified wrath instead? Currently with JoL, I rarely find the need to use AW, also, what about mana management?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Heya paladins,

So with EN out I cleared it on Normal and started getting into Heroic. On first boss I had another pala healer and boy he put me to shame, he was doing 220k HPS while I was at 160k and he did around 40mil healing more in total (his 90 vs mine 50) I was oom towards the end so I was wondering how did he do that?

Most likely I need to change my healing rotation, right now I spam FoL while HS on cd, tried it on myself and the end result was 190k HPS with 24mil total healing, at which point I went oom. Should I switch to sanctified wrath instead? Currently with JoL, I rarely find the need to use AW, also, what about mana management?
    Hey Cyrops,

Do you have any logs to show? It's really hard to judge healing breakdown with just some hps numbers.

Heya paladins,

I mean spamming FoL and using HS on CD isn't much of a rotation. That's just asking to go oom. Were you weaving in other spells to compliment this? Also did you happen to look at what his healing breakdown was after the fight? Also were you constantly spamming your FoL without any Illusion of Light procs? Multiple factors could contribute to this.

Question on Beacon of Lightbringer/Faith.

I see in Warcraftlogs that the characters near the top of hps are shown as using one the other on certain bosses not really a clear consensus, which leads me to believe both have merits but maybe I am missing something in Faith; Is there any good indication when Faith is a good choice over the single beacon?

It felt not as good to me on paper, but it's possible I am just not gauging it correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merberan View Post
    Hey Cyrops,

Do you have any logs to show? It's really hard to judge healing breakdown with just some hps numbers.
    Ah, I thought I should cap the meters :/

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    I mean spamming FoL and using HS on CD isn't much of a rotation. That's just asking to go oom. Were you weaving in other spells to compliment this? Also did you happen to look at what his healing breakdown was after the fight? Also were you constantly spamming your FoL without any Illusion of Light procs? Multiple factors could contribute to this.
    His healing was
    1) HS
    2) LOD
    3) not sure I think it was beacon?

I suppose he was spamming LOD and HS with wings, he didn't have Crusader Might (thought he was just spamming crusader and HS+LOD)
    I feel like I don't have the time to weave in anything, the tank is taking SO much damage :/ What other spells are there, really? I run LH for aoe heals, so no BF, besides the tank can easily die while you are clicking BF. The raid was expecting me to solo heal both tanks on Gynoth, which I was doing, but I was getting low on mana (30% mana before first 'inside' phase).

Heya paladins,

Sounds like you're not fully utilizing all your abilities, I've been averaging about 220-250k hps on N/H EN. You should be weaving in light of dawn, bestow faith + holy prism, tyr's deliverance into your combo + holy light as well to conserve mana. If you correctly do this you should only be getting OOM at the end of the fight and won't need to rely on spamming HS + Fol which will result in you being out of mana in a minute.

As for SW, I personally prefer it over JoL, at 30% crit you are guaranteed 100% critical heals on HS which also grants you an infusion of light proc, this is an absolute monster and is only a 2 min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Question on Beacon of Lightbringer/Faith.

I see in Warcraftlogs that the characters near the top of hps are shown as using one the other on certain bosses not really a clear consensus, which leads me to believe both have merits but maybe I am missing something in Faith; Is there any good indication when Faith is a good choice over the single beacon?

It felt not as good to me on paper, but it's possible I am just not gauging it correctly
    Ideally faith is used on encounters where both tanks are taking dmg, e.g. cenarius where one tank has to deal with the adds and the other with the boss, this will ensure both tanks are getting heals as opposed to a single tank getting overhealed. Lightbringer is still very strong on fights where only one tank will be taking dmg, then you just reapply the beacon when they swap over.
    Last edited by AtomicT; 2016-09-26 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicT View Post
    Sounds like you're not fully utilizing all your abilities, I've been averaging about 220-250k hps on N/H EN. You should be weaving in light of dawn, bestow faith + holy prism, tyr's deliverance into your combo + holy light as well to conserve mana. If you correctly do this you should only be getting OOM at the end of the fight and won't need to rely on spamming HS + Fol which will result in you being out of mana in a minute.

As for SW, I personally prefer it over JoL, at 30% crit you are guaranteed 100% critical heals on HS which also grants you an infusion of light proc, this is an absolute monster and is only a 2 min cd.
    I'm running with Lights Hammer which I fell in love with, after BF. In most fights you can predict when the aoe healing wil be needed, so you can drop it. I've never found the optimal time in ANY situation to use TD, it's almost 2s cast (1.7s) and it heals for ... nothing significant. On paper it does 500k healing over 10s and 99% of the time it's cast on me, sigh.

When tank gets chunked for 90%, I don't see myself having the time to do anything else but spam FOL, even martyr feels slow, maybe it's just my imagination

for mythic + do you guys think BoV is a must pick? I see how it could work but i think it plays so clunky

I'm running with Lights Hammer which I fell in love with, after BF. In most fights you can predict when the aoe healing wil be needed, so you can drop it. I've never found the optimal time in ANY situation to use TD, it's almost 2s cast (1.7s) and it heals for ... nothing significant. On paper it does 500k healing over 10s and 99% of the time it's cast on me, sigh.

When tank gets chunked for 90%, I don't see myself having the time to do anything else but spam FOL, even martyr feels slow, maybe it's just my imagination
    Using bestow faith correctly will mean better heals for tanks + it costs far less mana than lights hammer. With TD cast it just before some large aoe dmg so you're not stuck with the awkward cast (e.g. ursoc's charge, xavius meteor),I think you need to focus a little more on predictive healing vs reactionary. If you're having trouble consistently using bestow faith than I guess LH would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicT View Post
    Using bestow faith correctly will mean better heals for tanks + it costs far less mana than lights hammer. With TD cast it just before some large aoe dmg so you're not stuck with the awkward cast (e.g. ursoc's charge, xavius meteor),I think you need to focus a little more on predictive healing vs reactionary. If you're having trouble consistently using bestow faith than I guess LH would be better.
    Do you change talents based on the content you will heal? I see paladins are using LOD way more than me in raids, like you said I have been focusing on reactionary healing all the time, which healer should do that, though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zrvnavi View Post
    for mythic + do you guys think BoV is a must pick? I see how it could work but i think it plays so clunky
    It's absolutely a must.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    It's absolutely a must.
    How is BoV in regards to mana? most people seem to say BoV is nasty on mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zrvnavi View Post
    How is BoV in regards to mana? most people seem to say BoV is nasty on mana.
    In Mythic+ mana isn't really an issue since you can drink even during pulls as long as you're allowed to drop out of combat for a second.

Do you change talents based on the content you will heal? I see paladins are using LOD way more than me in raids, like you said I have been focusing on reactionary healing all the time, which healer should do that, though?
    I haven't felt the need to swap out my talents as of yet. Running with

1. Bestow Faith
    2. Rule of Law
    3. Your choice really, Blinding Light for me
    4. Aura of Mercy, some could argue Devo Aura , but I prefer Mercy
    5. Holy Prism
    6. Sanctified Wrath
    7. Beacon of Lightbringer

As for LOD I couple that with Rule of law practically almost on CD. Same thing for Tyrs deliverance coupled with Rule of Law though not on CD. Pretty much try to keep Bestow faith up on the tank. Other than that it's just weaving in Holy prism / Light of the Martyr if someone get's caught in something and they need to be healed now or they'll die.

I also like to couple my Tyr's deliverance with aura mastery as this put's out a ton of healing if you spec Aura of mercy.