Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Gearing both rogue and mage for mythic+. Is it normal for my mage to shine only on st and my rogue to shine majority on Wow? Seems my mage can double my rogues dps st on short fights but anything with aoe, rogue seems to wreck my mage. For aoe I fireball until proc then flamestrike, and fcourse phoenix..

Just generally, what seems to dominate more in mythic+... Mage/rogue?

- - - Updated - - -

Watched a few mages stream mythic+ and they absolutely destroy the meters... Is this generally the thing now or are there classes that can compete??

Tanks: bear or warrior
    Healers: druid or mw
    Dps: ww, fire, outlaw, bm, havoc (prenerf)

Sound about right? Though I never see rogues pulling impressive numbers often.. Seems mage and ww monk rule mythics?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Did a +9 with fire mage, holy priest, bear, combat rogue, and dh... Like I said a few months ago, there is no best comp because it changes a lot from week to week, but was called an idiot.
    This is one of the strongest comps you can have for teeming so not sure what you're trying to prove.
    @Yhcti 5man mythic tests a style of dps that most aren't accustomed to minmaxing. You can compete with a mage with the leather dps / hunters / warriors / unholy just fine. Rogues are incredibly useful this week due to blind (and monks with paralyze) as an incombat CC that warriors/dk's/dh's (generally) don't bring, which also serves as an interrupt for nearly any ability.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-09-26 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    A lot of people saying warrior for best tank are probably mistaking "best" for "easiest to heal" warriors are solid as a rock at the moment and take the least damage by a country mile, but that does not mean they are the best for m+, I would argue that a DH is better, while they take more damage they do a huge amount of self healing and have a cheat death mechanic (which is like no other, you become unkillable for 15 seconds instead of dying) they do a lot more damage than a warrior on trash, slightly more st, they have an AoE 6 second silence, an AoE grip and a ranged(!) interrupt.

7+ Year Old Account
    A question for fire mages in the high mythic+

Do you bother with cinderstorm? Or is kindling better?

Both elemental and enhance seem to be really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is one of the strongest comps you can have for teeming so not sure what you're trying to prove.
    @Yhcti 5man mythic tests a style of dps that most aren't accustomed to minmaxing. You can compete with a mage with the leather dps / hunters / warriors / unholy just fine. Rogues are incredibly useful this week due to blind (and monks with paralyze) as an incombat CC that warriors/dk's/dh's (generally) don't bring, which also serves as an interrupt for nearly any ability.

I always thought rogue would be miles ahead of mage for the most part but it seems that mage opener is like gold dust. I guess rogues catch up on a long fight but I see every mage practically double a rogues dps on early phase fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I always thought rogue would be miles ahead of mage for the most part but it seems that mage opener is like gold dust. I guess rogues catch up on a long fight but I see every mage practically double a rogues dps on early phase fights.
    Rogues can 'luck out' and beat them, but yes a mage is stronger on the burst in general. I've found at mythic+6 and higher you still ahve time to get good aoe in even if someone is doing over a million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I did BRH +6 last night as an Unholy DK. Bolster a Risen Lancer, Control Undead and wreck the last boss.

Have done a +6 Nelth Lair as a tank as well. Gorefiend's, low CD ST stun, Tremble Before Me, all really good tools to have for M+. Bonestorm would be awesome if it wasn't Bolstering week.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-09-26 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My group was
    Protection Warrior - 855
    Fire Mage - 858
    Havoc Demon Hunter - 861
    Windwalker Monk - 857
    Restoration Druid (me!!) - 853

We rolled through 2 - > 5 - > 8 - > 10, 5 times then just did a bunch of +2 carries. We didn't beat the timer on 10 the first time, but we reran it and beat the timer for the 880 piece tomorrow. We're US so we had Bolstering/Skittish/Tyrannical. We didn't do 10s on the other 4 keystones, since loot is capped and it hurts.

I didn't have much issue healing, resto druids have great mana control, and I was never oom. We don't have the best reactive healing, so your teammates can't be standing in stuff. But as long as everyone does their jobs, restos can properly control and predict all damage, and account for it.

Prot warriors are outstanding for smoothing out damage, and can manage high bolster stacks if you mess up. They don't mix well with Skittish since they lack AoE, I'd say for this week a guardian druid or prot paladin would've been better above +7. Considering all affixes, prot warriors, imo, are #1 except for skittish, where I'd place them as #4.

The damage was pretty on point. All the classes are great for AoE, which is what bolstering generally requires. There may occasionally be a focus target, but if we all cleaved off of it, we never ran into an issue.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm not trying to prove anything, I told him what comp we did and that I don't think it's the best comp because it changes from week to week. Why do you think I set out to "prove" something.

I was running this exact comp also as the druid healer and it was ridiculously easy. The highest we did was 6 but we we're smashing out +2/3 carries superfast for a ton of AP.

IMO best comps are variants of:

Tank: Warrior > Bear
    Healer: Pally > Druid
    Melee: DH > Monk > Rogue > DK
    Ranged: Mage > Hunter > Boomkin

Quick question for ya regarding wow progress rankings. Is there a way to distinguish between the "fastest runs" if they were a mythic 2 or mythic 10? Progression and fastest easy clear are very different imho