Poll: Should bosses that don't drop loot for a player have a 100% drop rate of AP items?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should bosses that don't drop loot for a player have a 100% drop rate of AP items?

Simple question. If you don't get any loot from a boss in your normal/heroic/mythic dungeon/raid should the player be guarenteed an AP item instead of leaving empty handed?

Discuss.

15+ Year Old Account
    What happend when u didt get loot from an boss in the previous 10years`

You were left empty handed, why should it change.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    What happend when u didt get loot from an boss in the previous 10years`

You were left empty handed, why should it change.
    Because we have never had an artefact to worry about. Is that literally your counter argument?

How is this different than gold? People will still hate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    Because we have never had an artefact to worry about. Is that literally your counter argument?
    Ya but if everybody is in the same boat with getting no progress to their artifact weapon from the boss then why does it matter? You're still progressing at the same rate and not falling behind everybody else by not getting any AP from the boss...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Was in MoP or WoD, where you were guaranteed a drop from the last instance boss no matter what? Why was that ever removed?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Was in MoP or WoD, where you were guaranteed a drop from the last instance boss no matter what? Why was that ever removed?
    WoD /10chars
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Random is random, if you get items every time anyway (regardless how minor) it dilutes the satisfaction from when you do get the item you want.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice but it is far from a necessity.

I don't think it's a problem for raids or normal/heroic dungeons. But there should be an incentive for mythic dungeons since they're on a long weekly lockout. Often I would have liked to help a guild member complete a quest in a mythic dungeon, but I opted not to because I had already cleared it and there was 0 incentive to help. That doesn't mean helping for no reward is a problem once or twice, but it feels pretty bad if someone asks you to run EoA for the 4th time this week and you don't get shit for helping

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Ya but if everybody is in the same boat with getting no progress to their artifact weapon from the boss then why does it matter? You're still progressing at the same rate and not falling behind everybody else by not getting any AP from the boss...
    So instead you propose no body get anything then?

I would say "yes". Blizzard may not want you to know exactly how much AP you will get out of a dungeon to prevent grinding them out, though?

I hate being a few 1000 ap away and always getting blood of bosses.

All bosses should drop AP, and drop more than you get nothing. That's the point of AP, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I would say so, yeah. I don't really see the point of empty bosses when I thought the AP items were meant to make it feel as if you never totally lost when you killed a boss and RNG didn't favor you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawken View Post
    I would say "yes". Blizzard may not want you to know exactly how much AP you will get out of a dungeon to prevent grinding them out, though?
    I think you hit the nail on the head there. By keeping some rng involved in ap gains players don't feel like they're somehow committed to doing every boss every week, which leads to burnout for the more hardcore community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    So instead you propose no body get anything then?
    Well ya, like it's been for the past 12 years lol. Never really been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Simple question. If you don't get any loot from a boss in your normal/heroic/mythic dungeon/raid should the player be guarenteed an AP item instead of leaving empty handed?

Discuss.
    Think if the man hours of discussing, mathing, and coding the balance of AP. Now you want to upset that apple cart because "reasons". Not every player is a Millennial. Some of us are ok with getting delayed rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Think if the man hours of discussing, mathing, and coding the balance of AP. Now you want to upset that apple cart because "reasons". Not every player is a Millennial. Some of us are ok with getting delayed rewards.
    I don't want to do anything. All I've asked is a hypothetical question for people to rate and discuss.

Eh, it seems like a good idea now but that would just makes us all get to the point where AP is useless even quicker and then people would just be mad when they got that.

Sure, just to stop people from whining all the time.