Deleted
    Maybe a silly question but can I use my potion three times on Xavius? (pre-pot, dream phase, normal phase)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    So basically don't use Surrender, because you have to play absolutely perfectly like a Simcraft robot on an ideal patchwerk fight to even get an additional 14k DPS. In an actual real world scenario, it's bound to be an even smaller DPS gain than that.

Just doesn't seem worth the additional stress..

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Just doesn't seem worth the additional stress..
    That should be the official description of Shadow Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    that would be terrible. no one would want to stay in VF after it reaches 0%.

The MH nerf is fine, it was needed because STM was too powerful with it.

The rest of the changes are stupid and just show that the no one in the dev team is playing SP. (Ghostcrawler said it himself that the reason why mages seemed to be immune to nerfs/likely to get buffed was because most of the devs team played mages.)
    I agree that the void torrent and dispersion nerv seems unneccessary. I think what blizzard fears, and rightfully so, is the potential for unintended dmg spikes (or even exploits if you want to put it that way). For example the feathers on Elerethe which resets the insanity drain what causes your dmg to inflate.

But that is no longer the case since our haste increase is capped at 100%, StM only lasts 3 minutes before you die (horribly) and the only remaining "ramp-up dmg" is also capped with MH doing max 100% increased dmg.
    So why decrease the time we stay in Voidform (after StM because i don`t think you will casually stay 50+ seconds in VF without it) when our dmg becomes predictable for shadow?

Blizzard is trying to smoothen our dmg output. Increase it by 10% outside StM and decrease it at the end. I dont think that is a bad thing (even good for shorter fights in mythic+ dungeons). But obviously the fact that the nerf to Void torrent and Dispersion is too significant seems obvious. For a class with only one dmg spec these changes musn`t go life. Blizzard said that for example fire mages, if 20% ahead would only recieve a 10% nerf. So what we need is to extend our voidform after using StM a lot more. There are many ways how to achieve this. Blizzard doesn`t like "confusing" mecanics like the gap between insanity drain and haste increase. I personally think it is necessary and interesting but that is obviously only my personal opinion.

I would like Void torrent to decrease the insanity drain after usage back 10 per second or something. Or they need to buff the Dmg outside StM by 20% instead of 10% because the loss at the end is more than the 1ß% buff in 7.1 could compensate.

cheers

Deleted
    There was a thread I found which asked for the three major concerns we have for Shadow at the moment, and I spent a while thinking about it and typing up a reply. I thought it might be interesting to see what kind of response it would get from people, so I'm pasting it here too.

1) Surrender to Madness is simply ridiculously more powerful than the other talents on that row. While this applies to other talent rows too (looking at you, Twist of Fate), Surrender is a rather large playstyle change that forces you into a high-risk, high-reward niche. If you make the reward worth the risk, then it is extremely more powerful than anything else in its best situation and needs to be toned down, as these hotfixes do. On the other hand, this also means that the risk is not worth the reward and the whole talent and fantasy becomes unappealing.
    If Surrender is an execute-focused talent then great, but lessen the risk to better match the new reward and give us other options. The whole level 100 row feels disappointing, with the previously-mentioned risks to Surrender, the feeling that Legacy of the Void should be baseline and the thoroughly underwhelming feeling that you get every time you cast Mind Spike.

2) Void Torrent is boring and weak. For the cooldown it has, its position as our big fancy artifact ability, and its relatively high difficulty to utilise to its higher potential, it does extremely little damage. If this hotfix nerf goes through, it won't even have any special effects to play with, it simply "does damage". Again, I have no problem with having this kind of supposedly iconic spell merely doing damage, but at least make it a button that I'm excited to push. It only does ~140%SP more damage per GCD than Void Bolt, a spell which is instant and only 3 GCD cooldown, as well as having incredible utility via refreshing our Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain.

3) Ramp up time is extremely frustrating. I'm not expecting to be keeping up with classes who have several major cooldowns to stack together with heroism on pull, but at least don't put me on the level of the tanks for the first 12 seconds until I can get into Voidform. This bubbles over into one of the main gripes of the class, burst AoE and trash DPS. While this is overall a relatively small impact on raiding, it is absolutely huge in Mythic+ 5-man dungeons. These are a large part of the Legion expansion and something I enjoy playing; to have my favored, main class and spec since 2009 to be considered massively sub-par for content I enjoy is a depressing feeling.
    I'm not entirely sure how this could be fixed simply within our current toolset, but I have a few Ideas:
    • Reworking one of the previously-mentioned uninspiring level 100 talents for this purpose, but this merely repeats the problem of certain talents feeling mandatory in certain situations.
    • A new skill similar to the Death Knight Pestilence, which instantly applies DoTs but on a significant cooldown. This doesn't help with class homogenisation, but it would allow us to get stuck straight into a main DPS rotation
    • Something to allow us to accelerate our DoT damage, for quick burst damage but still being tied to DoTs. Maybe a skill on a one minute cooldown which causing active DoTs to deal all their remaining damage instantly, consuming then in the process. This could even be tied into other spells, such as Void Torrent or Mind Sear, making them cause this effect or simply increase the tick rate on a target on which they are channeled.
    • Make Void Torrent usable outside Voidform and have it activate Voidform at the start (or even end) of the channel.

Deleted
    We are taking a second look at some changes Demon Hunters and Priests - more information coming on that soon.

I think most people will be happy with Tuesdays Buffs!

Just read that on US forums from Blizz. Lets wait and see what they decided.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2016-09-26 at 06:04 PM.

Cleverly, "most people" don't play priests so he'll have not been lying.

I'd love it if Void Torrent was usable whenever, put you into Voidform for the duration, and added 4 stacks to your current Lingering Insanity. It would still be better to use it in a real Voidform, I imagine, but the flexibility would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    We are taking a second look at some changes Demon Hunters and Priests - more information coming on that soon.

I think most people will be happy with Tuesdays Buffs!

Just read that on US forums from Blizz. Lets wait and see what they decided.
    Predictions:
    - part of the change will be reverted, likely void torrent. better than nothing but it won't change our numbers much or address the core issues that people have with the spec
    - "we're going to continue to monitor raid performance in mythic difficulty and asses whether changes are needed in 7.1"
    - they don't mean priests when they say most people will be happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep void torrent lackluster damage, keep 1 min CD, 5 or 6 second duration and give it the old malefic grasp from locks. While channeled does some damage and it speeds up dot ticks for the duration of Vtor and refreshes dots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Predictions:
    - part of the change will be reverted, likely void torrent. better than nothing but it won't change our numbers much or address the core issues that people have with the spec
    - "we're going to continue to monitor raid performance in mythic difficulty and asses whether changes are needed in 7.1"
    - they don't mean priests when they say most people will be happy
    They don't view priests as people, so we don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I have always taken simcraft with a grain of salt, but good lord, more than ever I hope that is inaccurate.

As for being an "elitist" because of wanting a higher skill cap, I don't think that's really it. I want shadow to be hard to master, something a lot of classes honestly lack. I agree that a average spriest shouldn't be super far behind compared to the best of the best ones, but I also don't agree that the gap should be close enough that you can't tell the difference.

I guess it's simply a matter of opinion here, and we have to agree to disagree.

I can already imagine the buffs, Blizzard style - when it comes to the shadow priest, everything must me a compromise right?

- Shadow Word Death deals 50% more damage, but it can be cast only when the target has exactly 25% health.
    - Void Torrent can now be used while moving, but the channel duration has been increased to 8 seconds.
    - Mind Sear also deals damage around you, but it now costs 10 insanity per second.
    - We were not happy with Mania due to the inconsistent nature of Insanity, so we reworked that to be a 5% passive movement speed bonus.
    - Surrender to Madness now guarantees you to deal twice your normal dps and no longer kills you if you're not alone, but it kills four random party/raid members when you activate it instead. We're sure you'll love to forge lore implications to paint this as the best talent ever!
    - Driven to Madness is now baseline for PvE and PvP, but dots and MF no longer generate Insanity.
    - Lore bonus: when your raid wipes, Xal'atath will whisper "". We're sure you'll love that!

Making Mania a passive 5% buff would be better than the current version.

Don't worry guys, some people in my guild assured me that this is only a minor nerf and won't severely affect our dps. So it's okay guys, we can stop worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Don't worry guys, some people in my guild assured me that this is only a minor nerf and won't severely affect our dps. So it's okay guys, we can stop worrying.
    thank god.

15+ Year Old Account
    The people who don't actually play Shadow and don't know the full extent of what this does, I take it?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The people who don't actually play Shadow and don't know the full extent of what this does, I take it?
    I can't wait for tomorrow. Assuming those nerfs go through, I'm gong to dps that first boss and do horribly. I'm gonna sit there and try as hard as I can to top the charts and I'll fail splendidly. Then I'll make a massive scene in guild chat telling them all "Oh man, you guys were right. This was just a small nerf. Look at my X dps, compared to the 210k I did last week. This must just be an error in my playstyle, because you all assured me this was only a small nerf." Even when I showed them sims, and statistics from logs, they still said shadow was a lot stronger than I thought and the nerf wasn't going to be big. Then I'm going to rub this in their faces.

I'm definitely getting g-kicked tomorrow.

LOL!

I agree, once we are kicked out of our raid spots we really dont have anything to worry about dps wise ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

Let's see what happens. Wonder how long soon is with less then 24 hours.
    LINK source instead of screenshot!!! Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    - Lore bonus: when your raid wipes, Xal'atath will whisper "". We're sure you'll love that!
    I would actually love it if Xal'atath sassed me when the raid wiped. Just give her about a dozen or so lines that she randomly cycles through ("Is this battle too hard for you, my dear?") and my day will be made better.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    - Surrender to Madness now guarantees you to deal twice your normal dps and no longer kills you if you're not alone, but it kills four random party/raid members when you activate it instead. We're sure you'll love to forge lore implications to paint this as the best talent ever!
    That's actually not bad, by the way. It'd be cool if, instead of suicide, we drive one targeted raid member to insanity, boosting his damage, and while he is insane, we get current s2m buff - and then HE dies, horribly, while we're readying our absolutely awesome buff for another pesky fire mage/DH/huntard of our raid.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though