Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Frankly I don't believe the RNG protection system exists, either. I think Blizzard said that because if they didn't, people would flip their shit and realize how horrendous the system is.

If it does exist, it needs to be made a little better. They said that future raids would be tuned around the idea of players having legendaries, and yet the majority of the playerbase hasn't even seen one.
    We have at LEAST 4 months till a raid might be tuned around everyone having a legendary. We are 1 month into the expansion, just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    And all I see when I look at you is a dude who likes to suck blizzards big blue icy cock.

Infracted
    1) rng is rng
    2) I have no legendaries and don't really care.
    3) op has not provided any of the hard evidence of anything. You can be lucky and get one or multiples or be unlucky and get none. There was no evidence as to how much the other player had played prior to getting his legendaries. For all we know the ould have twice the play time in Legion than the OP and has a greater chance of getting legendaries.
    4) as for your claim, this is a game to me. Stupid shit like legendaries, flying, raid sizes, PvP stat templates and everything else that has been in or out of the game is nothing to get so upset that you go around frothing at the mouth spewing hate like so many do. I take it all in stride. There have beeen many decisions made that I have disagreed with. But none have hampered my fun. As I have stated many times, once the game becomes unfun for me I'm out. I'm not going to scream bloody murder about how I was wronged by a greedy company.

So to people like you and the OP, relax, it's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yes it is. There is nothing that you can personally do to increase your chances. You were lucky to get your first legendary in the first place and even luckier if the bug affected your chances for another.

I'm also not understanding what conspiracy theory would even make sense. Do you think that Blizzard has a team hand-picking players?
    You clearly don't know what luck or rng mean. It's not purely random if someone has a statistically higher chance. That's like saying you and I are both going to flip coins ten times to see who gets more heads. But your coin is 3-sided, and 2 of the sides are heads. 'But it's still luck and randomness!' Yeah, but your odds have just been increased. You are at an advantage.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2016-09-26 at 06:03 PM.

Guys I think I'm onto something here. Remember that quest from Zul'Drak where you run around and assist NPCs with menial tasks? Well one of the rewards was a "Pa'trolla" Deputy Badge trinket that buffed you with "Pure Awesome" buff.

I think we all know what being pure awesome means.

It means knocking down the door to the Tomb of Sargeras and strangling Sargeras with one hand while bashing N'Zoth's slimy head in with the other. Of course that won't happen unless you are decked out in an ungodly amount of legendaries.

WoD was all about raising and commanding an army to beat up the bad orcs doing bad stuff in every zone, Legion is all about evicting the bad elves from their city and letting the mana junkies settle in.

If you happen to have one of those badges, try equipping it next time you're giving some angry trash a proper spanking in M+ and see if it affects the legendary drop rate in any way.

There is no way for any of you to know honestly. You are assuming blizz didn't jack up the bad luck prevention code, just like you assumed it wasn't jacked up to give people with legendaries a higher chance to get even more. You assumed that wrong, it could be jacked again for all anyone knows. Or it could be as blizzard says. No way to know really so this whole thread is kinda donkey donkey donkey.

Here is the Blizz version of RNG: They want a 2.6% overall rate. So 10% of the players get a 25% chance and the rest (90% of the players) get a .01% chance. See what happens there? That is not RNG. Overall, Blizz thinks everything is fine. It's not - it's broken. But the believers in RNGesus will swear up and down it's "RANDOM!!" But it's not.

And for those who believe in RNG, my theory is just as valid as yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    You clearly don't know what luck or rng mean. It's not purely random if someone has a statistically higher chance. That's like saying you and I are both going to flip coins ten times to see who gets more heads. But your coin is 3-sided, and 2 of the sides are heads. 'But it's still luck and randomness!' Yeah, but your odds have just been increased. You are at an advantage.
    That's getting into an entirely different discussion...

The bug should never have existed in the first place and Blizzard messed up. That's not what we're debating. What we're debating is the idea that RNG is not RNG, when it is RNG. Nobody was intentionally given a better chance for a legendary. If you were one of the people that were, you were lucky. Your analogy is not quite right because it assumes you can intentionally bring a 3-sided coin when you can't. You were lucky to get that 3-sided coin.

It's unfair, yes, but it is still completely dumb, random luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I flipped a coin today and got heads 10 times in a row, and never got tails.
    Even though I have been told tails never fails it seems I have hard core evidence that the coin is broken.

I called the US Mint and "those guys" told me it was RNG. I told them my friend got 3 tails in a row and I have never seen a tails.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is disappointing. I was hoping the over the course of those 7 hours since I last visited the thread, we'd see a bunch of new posts of people experiencing this. Instead, it's only been enough people you could count on one hand.

This is starting to see more and more like random lucky isolated incidents. If this was as widespread as people believed, then surely this thread should be getting flooded with people who are witnessing it.

The bug should never have existed in the first place and Blizzard messed up. That's not what we're debating. What we're debating is the idea that RNG is not RNG, when it is RNG. Nobody was intentionally given a better chance for a legendary. If you were one of the people that were, you were lucky. Your analogy is not quite right because it assumes you can intentionally bring a 3-sided coin when you can't. You were lucky to get that 3-sided coin.

No the whole point of the thread is whether the bug is active still or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That's false information, they've said(in 2 interviews) there is bad luck prevention, they just refuse to go into details.
    AFAIK bad luck protection only exists on bonus rolls, not legendaries or anything else

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeGrey View Post
    Here is the Blizz version of RNG: They want a 2.6% overall rate. So 10% of the players get a 25% chance and the rest (90% of the players) get a .01% chance. See what happens there? That is not RNG. Overall, Blizz thinks everything is fine. It's not - it's broken. But the believers in RNGesus will swear up and down it's "RANDOM!!" But it's not.

And for those who believe in RNG, my theory is just as valid as yours.
    Blizzards official statements on this topic are more valid then your "theories" though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    AFAIK bad luck protection only exists on bonus rolls, not legendaries or anything else
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews
    "Some level of bad luck streak protection also applies to legendary items."

So it does exist, but how it affects things and whether or not it's in yet, we do not know.

OP: if you think that the RNG-System is bugged, then simply report it. If it really isn't RNG, then they've obviously done something wrong, but definetly not on purpose. Whining in the forums won't fix anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews
    "Some level of bad luck streak protection also applies to legendary items."

So it does exist, but how it affects things and whether or not it's in yet, we do not know.
    Thanks... have overssen that then.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Someone didn't bother to listen to the live QA's. Go get your facts straight before you make yourself look more idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone didn't bother to listen to the live QA's. Go get your facts straight before you make yourself look more idiotic.
    Done and done. Relax. Not everyone has time to go over everything that Blizzard ever says.

Again, no, it's not. Do you really not understand this? It's not luck if you have a statistically higher chance. That's why it's a bug. The point of this thread is that they didn't fix the bug. The amount of people who are -still- getting multiple legendaries is evidence the bug may exist. Maybe it's blind luck, yeah. Or maybe Blizzard *gasp* didn't actually fix something. Not like that hasn't happened a million times in the past.

The player who had 2 via the bug just got his 3rd one . "Bug fixed".

15+ Year Old Account
    It is RNG. Many people have won a lottery jackpot multiple times as well, and most never. Looks just like getting a legendary. I too have a feeling I'll never see one :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

We finished clearing normal yesterday and one of our raiders got a legendary. Today, we did first boss on hc and the same guy got another one.
    WTF :/

Deleted
    You seem agitated. Maybe you should take some time off?