Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    From...16-24/25, I used to be like most people: expansions launches, 2 weeks later: what the fuck is there to do aside from grind raids and grind BGs?

Now that I can barely dedicate an hour a day to questing alone, the game feels huge. Hell, all games too. Haven't even finished Velen in Witcher 3, and not for lack of trying, believe me. I even have the fast travel mod and play on easy mode.

Moving out, having both work and school, having to cook, clean and take care of myself.

Maybe the problem was never the lack of content in the first place, but the pace at which no-lifers such as myself could finish it? And by content I mean real content, i.e: quests (and dailies, but only the first time you do them), dungeons, the first time you do them and raids, the first time you do them. Everything else is, of course, filler bullshit, to create the illusion of content, while you wait for a new patch.
    I work 10 hour shifts every weekday, and that doesn't include travel time. I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this point, as I'm already at the stage where all that's left to do is grind reps and raid. I've been playing only about 2 weeks.

My character is a BM hunter at 846 ilvl, and the only place I can find upgrades is by burning piles of Obliterum to upgrade crafted stuff(more grind), or hope that a random upgrade happens from a dungeon or WQ(more repetitive grind). Once I've done mythics for the week, I'm left with nothing to do besides wait for raid day. It's honestly not quite as robust as I would have expected.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-26 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Not entirely true, actually. The casual direction has been there since the release of WoW, it was founded on being the casual alternative to other MMOs at the time. Even then, TBC made many casual changes compared to Classic/Vanilla WoW with the addition of Badges and tuning raids to 10 & 25 man as well as adding significantly more crafted and BoE raid-equivalent gear. There has always been the casual direction with the on-going development of WoW and its expansions. This is what has given WoW its competitive edge in the market and made it stand out against its many "hardcore-orientated-gameplay WoW killers" over the many years that it's been on the market. Hardcore gameplay just doesn't make money and it doesn't keep players interested when compared to casual content.
    I like that point you're making here. You could say that BC introduced the quest-hub-to-hub system and did away with running around aimlessly; short dungeons in Auchindoun, all lumped together. Hellfire dungeons neatly arranged.

I point out Wotlk because it changed things dramatically, at least in my memory.
    Wotlk introduced LFG, and I think that was a far greater step towards casual play than anything else- the coins in BC were a grind, lower city rep grind, lots of attunement. Karazhan is perhaps the standout casual-content of BC. Flying (or rather, getting a flying mount) was as probably as expensive as a 100k mount these days (this is a lot of money for the average player). Wotlk brought the achievement system, catch-up mechanics like the flying-for-alts book, LFG as I mentioned and tier sets outside of raids.

There is a lot of content compared to other launches, but it's not completely unobtainable to someone who plays only a couple hours a day. It's about playing efficiently. I spend maybe 3-4 hours a day playing WoW and I'm almost 860, I have cleared up to M+7, and almost exalted with the night fallen(for the mount). I've done some EN, but I'm not currently in a guild so it's mostly just pugs. Don't be that person sitting in Dalaran looking for something to do for 30 minutes, unless you enjoy that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    There is a lot of content compared to other launches, but it's not completely unobtainable to someone who plays only a couple hours a day. It's about playing efficiently. I spend maybe 3-4 hours a day playing WoW and I'm almost 860, I have cleared up to M+7, and almost exalted with the night fallen(for the mount). I've done some EN, but I'm not currently in a guild so it's mostly just pugs. Don't be that person sitting in Dalaran looking for something to do for 30 minutes, unless you enjoy that.
    3-4h per day is a considerable amount in my opinion. Especially on weekdays. That's 20-30 hours per week, you can't really dismiss that as a casual schedule.

Deleted
    There is a lot more content than ever before. I usually hit the cap, did the dungeons, then raids etc., and soon after, I started working on my alts. Now I don't have time to do the same this time. At this rate I wonder if I'll ever be able to get all the artifacts on the alts I want. I don't even raid this expansion 'cause of real life constraints, but man, I just can't keep up! I simply love this expansion! It's like they promised, content for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    3-4h per day is a considerable amount in my opinion. Especially on weekdays. That's 20-30 hours per week, you can't really dismiss that as a casual schedule.
    It isn't if you consider what you would be doing outside of that. I work 9 hours a day so that gives me around 6 hours of free time to do whatever I want. How much does the average person work a day?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    It isn't if you consider what you would be doing outside of that. I work 9 hours a day so that gives me around 6 hours of free time to do whatever I want. How much does the average person work a day?
    I get up at 5, I excercise 1 hour from 6-7 and then I'm off to work until 7-8pm, including my daily commute. I go to bed at 10pm to get at least the bare minimum of sleep.

I don't think I have a crazy schedule, I'm not sure how I could squeeze in 6h of free time.

Not judging you, to be clear. I'm just really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I get up at 5, I excercise 1 hour from 6-7 and then I'm off to work until 7-8pm, including my daily commute. I go to bed at 10pm to get at least the bare minimum of sleep.

I don't think I have a crazy schedule, I'm not sure how I could squeeze in 6h of free time.

Not judging you, to be clear. I'm just really curious.
    I wake up at 7, but I don't have to commute since my work is 10 mins away on streets. 8-5 at work and when I get home I spend an hour doing cardio. I don't build muscle so I have a treadmill and I don't have to go to the gym. Afterwards I'll usually make dinner and then I have the rest of the night until 11/12pm. I only sleep for 6 hours most nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I lucked out. I work 3pm-11pm EST. I get up have some coffee, do some WQ, Workout go to work come home and play more go to bed by 330 4 and do it all again. Im off during the week on Tues Wed. My GF is a teacher so she goes to bed early so I usually only get to see her on my days off. Even then Ive got all night prime time to play
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    I guess I lucked out. I work 3pm-11pm EST. I get up have some coffee, do some WQ, Workout go to work come home and play more go to bed by 330 4 and do it all again. Im off during the week on Tues Wed. My GF is a teacher so she goes to bed early so I usually only get to see her on my days off. Even then Ive got all night prime time to play
    I worked 3-11 when I was in college. I always felt like I was going to die because I was unable to adjust my sleeping schedule and would go some days with 2-3 hours of sleep.

I found this out the second I graduated College. I would play like 10-12 hours a day when I was in College. Graduated, got a full time job, bought a house, got married, had kids... Now if I get 10 hours in a week I'm doing good.

I go to bed at 2am and wake up at 6:30 every morning and get home from work around 9-10 pm every day so between getting home spending an hour or 2 with wife and kids I don't have much time.