Quote Originally Posted by tonysniper View Post
    I have lost the will to even log in the game to do emissary quests on my arms warrior. I leveled my fire mage and, not even talking about DPS now, it just plays smooth. No RNG bs, you have almost total control over your DPS.

I really like arms warrior (not a fan of fury) but with 30% ETW I already struggle to have good procs, now people wont have any procs at all.

Its arms wod again, except now we have garbage execute damage and worse cleave (sweeping strikes should be like it was in WoD)
    This exactly. But i'm still playing arms because it's still fun until tomorrow or tonight or whenever the nerf is. My fire mage is geared and 843ilvl which is decent but there's nothing like hitting 1mil+crits and smashing face like an arms warrior. Blizz better add tact buff with the release tomorrow or give much less of a nerf to etw

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=2#post-24

Quote Originally Posted by Community Manager
    We are taking a second look at some changes Demon Hunters and Priests - more information coming on that soon.

I think most people will be happy with Tuesdays Buffs!
    Annnd they once again leave out Arms. They are perfectly content with the Arms changes. GG boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post

Annnd they once again leave out Arms. They are perfectly content with the Arms changes. GG boys.
    Hopefully that's just the left hand not talking to the right hand. I wish they'd put up finalized notes though, so at least we'd know if the axe was dropping or not.

@Ornyx,

Please reconsider the "buffs" and nerfs you're making to the warrior class in general. Those fury "buffs" will still leave them bottom of the barrel st dps and average aoe dps. They need a much higher increase in all their skills. One could say you simply are trolling or don't even care to listen to the warrior community. "We could have sworn we had some fury warrior buffs in here somewhere... Ah. There they are!"

A multi billion dollar company doesn't "forget" to release patch notes for a specific spec/class. One could argue the devs simply didn't even take the time or care to read information from the warrior community and the beyond extreme minor buffs to fury that you guys think will fix the class proves that statement.

Arms- Nerfing FR is a good call, nerfing EtW without a buff to tactician is a terrible terrible decision. I challenge you to get on an Arms warrior with 1/3 or 1/6 (with relics) EtW arms warrior and tell me you get procs and enjoy the gameplay. If you're going to nerf EtW that hard, tactician needs a major major buff. The entire spec and gameplay of an Arms warrior revolves around Tactician procs. Nerfing EtW into the ground like you plan on doing will completely kill the class. Numbers wise it will be mid pack ST which honestly ok, sure it should be near the top ST because it's the only thing Arms brings to the table is ST damage. But I can live with having slightly less dps(even though our aoe is bottom of the barrel) but I don't think you realize how terrible the gameplay will be after this nerf.

Sitting there auto attacking endlessly without procs due to a 30 seconds CS timer and EtW nerfed to the ground with no Tactician buffs will downright kill this spec. Please look into the mistake you're going to make if you don't change this insane EtW nerf with no Tactician buffs.

Hopefully my post and all the others with tons of upvotes before mine are actually being read by the devs so they understand the mistake they are making.
    Last edited by MightyCrixus; 2016-09-26 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    From what i understand, the problem is the etw being way too strong camparred to other traits. But in order for the spec to be smoothly played, i believe the chances to proc the reset should be slam/ms around 20%, fr 15% and hs 10%
    so i did some math,and if they buff the base tactician to 0.90-0.95% per rage, and nerf etw to 0.2% we should be ok i think cause the power of etw will fall while chances of reset being good. the results would be:

chance to proc:
    0.90% 0.95%
    slam/ms = 19.08% 20.14
    fr = 14.31 15.11
    hs = 9.5 10.07

with 1/2/3 relics:
    0.90% 0.95%
    slam/ms = 19.44/19.8/20.16 20.52/20.9/21.28
    fr = 14.58/14.85/15.12 15.39/15.68/15.96
    hs = 9.72/9.9/10.08 10.26/10.45/10.64

I just started messing with and learning simcraft, used it to determine stat weights and it came back with haste being my best stat, 1.02 over str at 1.00 , is this a sim thing or does that translate to live? it also has crit ahead of vers which seems weird. If anyone could shed some light on this would be much appreciated. Goal is to get proficient with simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsTheWarrior View Post
    I just started messing with and learning simcraft, used it to determine stat weights and it came back with haste being my best stat, 1.02 over str at 1.00 , is this a sim thing or does that translate to live? it also has crit ahead of vers which seems weird. If anyone could shed some light on this would be much appreciated. Goal is to get proficient with simcraft.
    Near some arbitraty breakpoint that allows 1 extra gcd into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Near some arbitraty breakpoint that allows 1 extra gcd into something.
    I thought the break point was over 10%? I'm sitting at just under 6%. Unless there's like "mini" breakpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by EastKingZ View Post
    This might be a dumb question but I plan to raid at some point, only level 106 right now specced to arms. Would it be a huge burden to switch to fury? Should I refund and dump points into Fury? Not even sure if that's possible. Thanks for any help you can give.
    The AP you get leveling up is irrelevant it's not even pocket change it makes no difference.

You also cannot refund Artifact Power the only thing you can do is reset your traits in your weapon any power you put into a weapon stays there.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyCrixus View Post
    Hopefully my post and all the others with tons of upvotes before mine are actually being read by the devs so they understand the mistake they are making.
    FYI your URL was truncated so the link is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsTheWarrior View Post
    Are you a troll or goblin(which have haste modifying effects that might alter where you see breakpoints), or are you simming a fury warrior and not arms(where those stat weights would make sense)? Arms also has a minor haste breakpoint at 12.5%, when you can fit an extra GCD into CS(6 abilities instead of 5, 6*1.5/8 = 1.125). 10% would be close enough to 12.5% to have it show up in the results.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2016-09-26 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    Are you a troll or goblin(which have haste modifying effects that might alter where you see breakpoints), or are you simming a fury warrior and not arms(where those stat weights would make sense)? Arms also has a minor haste breakpoint at 12.5%, when you can fit an extra GCD into CS(6 abilities instead of 5, 6*1.5/8 = 1.125). 10% would be close enough to 12.5% to have it show up in the results.
    Orc, 3% haste in my current gear, didn't do anything to change my spec in SC

Deleted
    R.I.P Arms dream. I hope they dont want to make Slam better than FR, it's just a dull ability with no upside just chipping in dmg. I rather have one giant Mortal Strike than a few pesky Slams. I think Arms should be all about giant hits and giant numbers as it is now.
    Last edited by mmoc99e017bd5e; 2016-09-26 at 10:52 PM.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about arms aoe so much. Arms aoe on 4 or more targets is absolutely fine, when you get the Legendary legs (which i do not have yet either). Burst aoe for mythic+ dungeons is okaish even without these legs. It kinda sucks that aoe is built around a specific legendary, but the potential is there and eventually we all will have this legendary.

What sucks is low target aoe and cleave. Sweeping strikes sucks, because CS damage doesn't carry over and target switching to maintain 2 CS buffs is even more RNG than pure single target. Dauntless is probably pretty close to SS in a full 2 target cleave fight (and when do we ever have a full time 2 target cleave fight?).

But seriously... fury isn't great on low target cleave and aoe either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascar View Post
    when you get the Legendary legs
    I like the part where you say "when" and not "if".

I don't know why everyone is complaining about arms aoe so much. Arms aoe on 4 or more targets is absolutely fine, when you get the Legendary legs (which i do not have yet either). Burst aoe for mythic+ dungeons is okaish even without these legs. It kinda sucks that aoe is built around a specific legendary, but the potential is there and eventually we all will have this legendary.

What sucks is low target aoe and cleave. Sweeping strikes sucks, because CS damage doesn't carry over and target switching to maintain 2 CS buffs is even more RNG than pure single target. Dauntless is probably pretty close to SS in a full 2 target cleave fight (and when do we ever have a full time 2 target cleave fight?).

But seriously... fury isn't great on low target cleave and aoe either.
    Yeah, if you need a legendary item (or any item in that case) to fix a broken aspect of a spec it's really bad design.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Burst aoe for mythic+ dungeons is okaish even without these legs.
    Depending on how your tank pulls, arms burst AoE can be pretty detrimental in M+.

Trash clear is paramount in M+ and you don't want to be sitting there, in front of bosses, waiting on cooldowns to come back up. Since arms AoE requires you to blow BS, WB, BC, and avatar all together to do any kind of worthwhile damage (especially on higher M+ tiers), you're going to be hard pressed to find situations where you can line all of this up while still being able to pull bosses immediately with all your CD's available.

You honestly need to play balls to the wall in M+ and be constantly pushing both AoE and ST damage without gimping yourself in one by doing the other. Comparatively speaking, this is a large part of why arms AoE is dogshit.

Blue posts didn't even budge a single mention about Arms severe nerfs ... Nothing. Nada. They're paying attention to freaking Shadow Priests and Demon Hunters. This is getting very retarded ...

Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    Trash clear is paramount in M+ and you don't want to be sitting there, in front of bosses, waiting on cooldowns to come back up.
    Simply don't do it. Know when the big pulls are due in the given instance and plan accordingly. As BC has basically about 30-40seconds cooldown thanks to AM it's not that bad starting a boss without it (espacially with skittish this week to reduce the aggro problems a bit). Also don't use BC to the end of a boss if you know directly after the boss comes a big pull. On less than 4-5 targets simply go full single target dps and nuke down the most problematic trashmob (e.g. the healer or aoe caster).

Sure if you never pull more than 4 targets the aoe sucks without the legs. But that's the design of the legendary items feeling "powerful" and the class beeing balanced around you having that legendary.

I'm also really worried (as all others) about the ETW nerf next week, which can result on really crappy dps on boss pulls.

Lastly I would say I'm doing pretty fine on M+ so far, also on the +9 EoA I just did. If you're curious you can check my warcraftlogs (Ascarx-Blackrock)

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Arms is going to be pretty good.