Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    4 days for me. It was not a fun time. Lots of ferverish dreams of eating stuff only to wake up starving.
    about 3 days, I was really sick and in the hospital so I was getting fluids by IV.

I can't remain 4-5 hours without food. I am food lover. So, foods is my first preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've fasted for 3 days, and twice for 2 days, and a handful of times for 1 day.

Some were for religious reasons, some were for "health" reasons. These days I don't really subscribe to those religious reasons anymore, and I'm pretty sure the "health reasons" were just made up. Though I don't really have a difficult time not eating - I just distract myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    One week I was extremely busy with school/work and family drama that I had forgotten to eat for two days. Well not forgot I just had no time to myself basically.

There was another time I was partying pretty hard and pretty much drank for 2 days straight. That time I truly did forget to eat and it was not a good time let me tell you. Glad my binge drinking days are over.

4 minutes. J/k, I'm not a glutton.

3 weeks in the hospital way back when.

10+ Year Old Account
    5-6 days, depression related.

Maybe 14 hours or so when I was super ill. I wouldn't eat solid foods but I'd drink juices and other drinks to keep up the sustenance.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

the longest... probably about 4 days without food

3 days when I had my wisdom teeth out. I had a bad reaction to the pain medication I was given to take home. I threw up everything including water. I did eat for atleast three days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe 24 hours if I have the flu.

Liquid poo, projectile vomiting...you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Three day water fast, because my yoga instructor at the gym said it was good for overall health (I was 19 and stupid at the time). Felt like crap during and a good week or two afterwards. Never again (intentionally, at least).
    that's about as healthy as hammering a nail into your skull

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    that's about as healthy as hammering a nail into your skull
    Well yeah, I did say I was 19 and stupid...there was a study that indicated that short term water fasts can be beneficial for cell renewal, hence the "biohacking" articles you read about fasting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/silic...-wefast-2016-8

Personally I think it's silly and the original studies cited by companies that promote this practice have a lot of methodological flaws.

Well one time I had dinner at 5pm and didn't eat till 8am, so like 15 hours.

A thousand years and a day.